I have a Storm 1, had it since March or so. It has the newest software etc. I've never quite gotten the hand of typing on it successfully.

I find myself wanting some of the newer media features on the Droid or HTC, and find I can type on them better. I talked to Verizon and they are saying I am not eligible for an upgrade until November 2010. Is there an honest way to get an upgrade? I have really no intention on leaving Verizon, I've been with them for 8 years now. I just find I want a phone more suited to my needs and wants. I don't want to be stuck with this phone until 2010, I don't really have the cash required to just buy a new phone at retail. Am I stuck? I see alot of people in these forums moving from phone to phone, are they conartists? How do they do it?

I don't want to do anything dishonest or engage in any slippery talk to get an upgrade..
    11-16-09 09:49 AM
    Sell your storm and buy the droid full price.
    11-16-09 09:51 AM
    For one how many lines do u have?
    11-16-09 09:51 AM
    I have 3 lines. My wifes phone was purchased at the time I set up the other 2 lines in March. The main line I've had for... 8ish years.

My daughters line is an old Samsung A530 that's been paid for.

Thanks for the replies.
    11-16-09 09:54 AM
    I have 3 lines. My wifes phone was purchased at the time I set up the other 2 lines in March. The main line I've had for... 8ish years.

My daughters line is an old Samsung A530 that's been paid for.

Thanks for the replies.
    If she is due for an upgrade on that line u can use her buddy upgrade....
    11-16-09 09:56 AM
    The rep said I wasn't eligible for an upgrade on any of my lines.

It's strange, I've heard stories of people rolling into the Verizon store with their storm and walking out with a droid and $80 lighter even if they didn't have an upgrade avail.
    11-16-09 09:57 AM
    How far into your 2 year contract are you? How many months? If you're at least a year into a 2 year contract, you have the option of renewing your 2 year contract and getting the 2 year price on new devices. There's a $20 fee, and you'll lose your NE2 credit. Call customer service and speak with a rep. Let them know what you wanna do.
    11-16-09 10:10 AM
    I am 8 months into this 2 year contract
    11-16-09 11:56 AM
    I am 8 months into this 2 year contract
    Whats your monthly bill on your primary line?
    If it's more than 100.00 u may be able to get them to move
    you to an early upgrade.
    Are u going into the store?
    If so I reccomend u call a phone rep.
    They are a lot more eager to help u out.
    11-16-09 12:30 PM
    My bill is $199 a month. I have the 1400 minutes family share plan with BB service.

Pretty high bill and I've been a customer for a long time.
    11-16-09 12:44 PM
    My NE2 upgade is in Nov. '10 also. But since I've got VIP status they said I can upgrade a year early, actually Feb is what they said. Since you are the account manager and pay over....I think it's $80, you too should be VIP. Just call a rep and talk to them about what I said. I don't see why it would be any different then my situation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD