Wtf. This sucks. My wife's phone is always the one to mess up. After the original 2.2 update when chckig for software updates it would say update service not available, but didn't think much of it because I knew she had the latest software. Well now that the 2.2.1 is released my device updated without a problem. Yet hers still says not available. Any info on fixing this would be greatly appreciated, I feel bad that her phones. Are always messing up including her last 2. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 06:24 AM
    The update most likely isn't rolling out to everyone at the same time. All devices will most likely receive the update within the next couple of days.
    12-08-10 07:12 AM
    Woo, mine does that to. Just means that there is one, and it is headed your way next!
    12-08-10 08:43 AM
    The strange thing is that it wont even say device is up to date like mines. Anyway, according to other sites the update was pulled. So oh well........

12-08-10 12:01 PM
    Well, if they pulled it, it must mean a good sized bug? In that case, glad I don't have it yet? I rebooted my phone, says up to date now....
    12-08-10 01:29 PM
    Well, if they pulled it, it must mean a good sized bug? In that case, glad I don't have it yet? I rebooted my phone, says up to date now....
    Update was only sent to certain phones, for testing. it will be available to all shortly.
    Johnly likes this.
    12-09-10 08:00 AM
    I have the update zip minus madden if anyone wants it.....

http://www.filedropper.com/update_3
    12-09-10 12:15 PM
    Is that .20 or official .40?
    12-09-10 12:54 PM
    Johnly .340

Here ya go

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/34...p-file-563444/
    12-09-10 12:58 PM
    Thank you kind sir : )
    12-09-10 01:25 PM
    No problemo a thanks click would be nice........
    Johnly and SevereDeceit like this.
    12-09-10 01:26 PM
    Won't let me multi click, or I would : )
    12-09-10 01:36 PM
    Wtf. This sucks. My wife's phone is always the one to mess up. After the original 2.2 update when chckig for software updates it would say update service not available, but didn't think much of it because I knew she had the latest software. Well now that the 2.2.1 is released my device updated without a problem. Yet hers still says not available. Any info on fixing this would be greatly appreciated, I feel bad that her phones. Are always messing up including her last 2. Thanks.

If the box to update social apps on wifi is selected you will get that error message all the time.
    12-09-10 07:23 PM
    Tried checking and unchecking and still

12-09-10 08:05 PM
    Android central says check for updates, just got the OTA. New dialer. Going to mess with this and see how smooth it is.
    12-10-10 09:34 AM
    Android central says check for updates, just got the OTA. New dialer. Going to mess with this and see how smooth it is.
    What does it look like? From what I have read there is barely a difference from the leaked OS to the OTA so I would rather not upgrade unless the dialer is a huge improvement.
    12-10-10 09:43 AM
    Lol, no huge improvement AVT. It shows most recent call and photo above number input area, like sence does. Nothing to spectacular, maybe functional at times.
    12-10-10 09:58 AM
    Lol, no huge improvement AVT. It shows most recent call and photo above number input area, like sence does. Nothing to spectacular, maybe functional at times.
    Ah ok no doubt. I will stick with the leak then. I like my setup to much to redo it all just for that. Thanks for the info!
    12-10-10 09:59 AM
    From what I read , google maps now loads in binary, saving bandwidth, and running hella fast with the phone rendering it......oh these little things. Not joking, instant pow!
    12-10-10 10:10 AM
    Well now the update is available to everyone. But still my wifes phone would not update to. I just downloaded the update.zip file and updated hers that way.

12-10-10 03:46 PM
    My phone says update is available......I downloaded.....installed. Then it tells me update failed.......

I have an X...rooted
    Also, not sure it matters but I have deleted a couple of Apps (Amazon & 1 I can't remember)
    Last edited by markkitos; 12-13-10 at 10:29 AM.
    12-13-10 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD