I have an HTC Desire CDMA phone from US Cellular. I am trying to root it using Unlockr with no luck. My HBOOT screen does not have the last option they show on the video that it says to scroll down to, but I was apparently able to install the Android drivers anyway (it said Android bootloader installed). However, when I run the reflash program, it says waiting for device. The video says to close it and run it again, but that didn't help either. It just sits there and does nothing. BTW, I have never had HTC Sync installed. I tried unplugging the phone and plugging it back in, and Windows starts looking for a driver to install. I closed it and tried searching for the driver again, and it says loading ADB failed. What gives?
    03-21-11 05:10 PM
    You need to have HTC sync installed, you can download it from the HTC site. You should also check device manager while your phone is hooked up to ensure that the drivers are installed properly for Hboot. If you see Android Device or something of that nature without any ! you are okay. You need drivers from HTC sync, so you have to install it.
    03-23-11 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD