Well, I have a Motorola Droid and had no idea this was going to happen but my girlfriend got a letter in the mail that she can upgrade. She too was going to get a motorola droid. But she is willing to get the HTC and give it to me and take my Motorola droid.

Faster processor, better camera, seems like a no brainer huh? Well, it was and I was excited to do it until I started reading how horrible the battery life is with the HTC. Not to mention I have an external charger with an extra battery for my motorola droid and I can make one single battery last all day anyway.

I've been reading some people only getting 5 hours out of their HTC. I simply cannot deal with that. I mean I want the faster processor but I'd rather have a slower one if I get better battery life because it's not like the motorola one is slow. It still loads everything really fast.

So should I do it? Someone who owns both tell me how comparable the batteries are? How bad is the HTC? Is the faster processor worth it? I mean it can't be right? If the battery isn't lasting long. Because the Moto droid does everything super fast. I never have to wait.

These companies need to realize that new and faster cell phone technology means NOTHING if they don't start coming out with better batteries. Because what is the use in having a phone like that if it won't last all day? Because it isn't a computer. It's a mobile device. Which means you carry it around all day.

So im confused. I got to make a decision by Thursday. Someone please tell me they can make this battery last as long as the moto droid.
    05-03-10 05:01 PM
    It's your life and your money. Do what you want.
    No crap man. But if I knew what I wanted then why would I come post in this forum asking?

I need to know how comparable the battery life is. Because that will be my decision if I get it or not. I won't be paying any money for it. Just trading. But if the battery can't do what the Motorola battery can then I'll stick with the moto droid. My upgrade comes in January. I'm wondering if Motorola will have a new droid by then.
    05-03-10 05:15 PM
    Congrats! they said your gf can upgrade for HTC incredible, is that correct?

I suggest you better discuss with your gf which is most important instead of asking this.

wish you the best luck with decision..
    05-03-10 05:17 PM
    Congrats! they said your gf can upgrade for HTC incredible, is that correct?

I suggest you better discuss with your gf which is most important instead of asking this.

wish you the best luck with decision..
    Did no one read my post? It has been discussed. She wants the motorola droid so shes willing to get my motorola and get the htc and give it to me.

That is not the issue. The issue is the battery life.
    05-03-10 05:30 PM
    It's her upgrade, maybe she should go get her a new droid, if that's what she wants. Just saying if she always comes in 2nd just so you get what you want, it's gonna be a long life.
    It's a stinking phone, come on man!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 05:39 PM
    It's her upgrade, maybe she should go get her a new droid, if that's what she wants. Just saying if she always comes in 2nd just so you get what you want, it's gonna be a long life.
    It's a stinking phone, come on man!

My droid is like 3 weeks old. She doesn't care if its 3 weeks old. It's like brand new. It doesn't matter to her. She really doesn't even care about phones that much. She barely uses it. She doesn't do anything on it like I do. I use the net and everything. She likes to have it there but she doesn't place any importance on it. The phone I have is important.

I had a droid back in Jan and went back to BlackBerry and now went back to the droid a few weeks ago since blackberry put out 5.0 on verizon and everytime I click something on the internet I have to click it 30 times to get it to click it. And the internet is so slow and even with opera mini or bolt I was so tired of zooming in and all of that.

I missed being able to do things fast on the web with my droid. So I went out and spent the 600 bucks on a new droid. And it's well worth it. No more headaches. I had something go on with blackberry every single day it seemed like. Apps would just mess up. All kinds of stuff.

Plus you shouldn't assume she comes second because of this phone deal. Because I've bought her a new car along with a million other things. So usually when people assume it's way off.
    05-03-10 05:55 PM
    Suprised you even explained yourself curve0644, you know YOUR relationship. I can relate with you because I know my wife doesn't care for electronic stuff like I do, so she let me use her early upgrade and I went from my tour to the DROOOOIID. Saying all of that, my early upgrade is coming up soon, so if she wants it, its hers.

Anyways, I'm still in my 30 day trial, since last week 04/22/10 and I'm loving the droid. But what is funny, I'm thinking on going back to BB, but the storm 2, but your story killed that which is ok, I had my BB experience

So I have a chance to get the incredibull, sorry, incredible if I want before my trial ends, but then I will be stuck until my contract is up, stuck as in, I don't like the phone, but I'm thinking, the only difference for me would be the lightness of the Incredible, but I'm use to the droid already. I don't care about the battery life like that, but anyways, your post was interesting cuz I'm comteplating for the incredible as well, but sorry I couldn't answer your question in comparing the two, however, I did read some other reviews(forgot where, sorry) that the call reception sucks compared to the Droid, hopefully that helps.

If its just the battery life, I think that shouldn't be your break, no matter what you use it for, just keep it charge and enjoy your phone, then I'm sure the novelty will wear off and their will be a newer phone, lol. Anyways, have fun finding your answer, but I think you should stick with the Droooiiid.

Last edited by not_addicted77; 05-03-10 at 06:15 PM.
    05-03-10 06:12 PM
    Here is my take. I an a long term Blackberry user. I got my Incredible on launch day. I have not looked back. yes the battery life isn't the best but it does take a few days and several charges to get a good battery reading. People that are only getting five hours....no idea what they are doing...but I get at least 8 to 10. I have a second charger at work so its not a huge deal to me. I do plan on getting Verizon's extended battery as soon as that hits. but for now, I am happy with the phone.

05-03-10 06:23 PM
    Have you checked out the android central and phandroid forums? There are several threads on how much time they are getting out of a single charge and what they are doing to maximize battery life. If the times they are getting per charge are acceptable for you then go for it. There is always the 30 gaurantee so you can swap for a moto droid if it doesnt suit you.

05-03-10 06:25 PM
    I would wait for a 2.2 device or something beyond that for the upgrade. There's rumors of the shadow and droid 2 being better than the incredible.
    05-03-10 06:56 PM
    get the incredible. if it turns out that you can't live with it for whatever reason, then exchange it for the droid. EASY!
    05-03-10 07:21 PM
    Did no one read my post? It has been discussed. She wants the motorola droid so shes willing to get my motorola and get the htc and give it to me.

*ahem*- thank you for clarification..
    05-03-10 07:31 PM
    hmm... So when are these 2.2's coming out? I read about the Motorola Shadow and that it might be called the Nexus two. Hopefully it'll be for Verizon. Do you think these will be out in January when it's time for me to upgrade?

I think I'm going to wait it out because I've been reading lots of websites on the battery life and it seems the HTC incredible is nowhere near the Motorola droid on the battery. I understand the faster processor comes at a battery price but at the same time if I already have a processor in the moto droid that does everything I need with no load times really then it's better to have that the way I see it. These 2.2 devices better have better batteries or I don't know what I will do.

I also read that the camera on the HTC is faster and has more MP than the Moto droid but that it doesn't look anywhere near as good. So that's weird. I was expecting the camera to be better than the moto droid but I read that in quite a few places. More MP doesn't mean anything though. Because I've seen a 7 mp digital camera that was 10 times better than a 12 mp digital camera. Just like there are 720p HDTV's that are much more clear and vibrant than some 1080p tv's.

And to the guy that was thinking of going back to BlackBerry, I went through the same thing. I missed the push content of my myspace and facebook apps and I missed some of the things about it. Well, when you go back you will miss a LOT more about the droid. When you have to browse the web on that blackberry again you'll wish you never would have done it. I just quit using the web on the phone almost all together it was so annoying. If I wanted to look up something on a website, especially if it was a PC website, it would take forever. It wasn't an enjoyable experience at all. The apps are nowhere near as cool either.

On the Moto Droid I barely even take out my laptop anymore. I do almost everything on it. Especially if I just want to look something up real quick. No reason to boot up my laptop when my droid can do it quickly. Don't go back! You'll regret it.

Now if Android had full push content including apps being able to get push content then the Android would be fully perfect. But I am a gmail user and it is pushed so it alerts me if I have a myspace or facebook and I just click my app.
    05-03-10 08:07 PM
    Well, I have a Motorola Droid and had no idea this was going to happen but my girlfriend got a letter in the mail that she can upgrade. She too was going to get a motorola droid. But she is willing to get the HTC and give it to me and take my Motorola droid.

Faster processor, better camera, seems like a no brainer huh? Well, it was and I was excited to do it until I started reading how horrible the battery life is with the HTC. Not to mention I have an external charger with an extra battery for my motorola droid and I can make one single battery last all day anyway.

I've been reading some people only getting 5 hours out of their HTC. I simply cannot deal with that. I mean I want the faster processor but I'd rather have a slower one if I get better battery life because it's not like the motorola one is slow. It still loads everything really fast.

So should I do it? Someone who owns both tell me how comparable the batteries are? How bad is the HTC? Is the faster processor worth it? I mean it can't be right? If the battery isn't lasting long. Because the Moto droid does everything super fast. I never have to wait.

These companies need to realize that new and faster cell phone technology means NOTHING if they don't start coming out with better batteries. Because what is the use in having a phone like that if it won't last all day? Because it isn't a computer. It's a mobile device. Which means you carry it around all day.

So im confused. I got to make a decision by Thursday. Someone please tell me they can make this battery last as long as the moto droid.
    For Pete's sake! This battery nonsense is getting real old. Dude, if you want the latest and greatest, get the Incredible. Lets put it this way, if you never had either of them and you went to the store to play with both, you would come out with the Incredible....period. It's faster and thats just for starters and I won't go into the others.
    As for the battery life, what are you expecting? These phones are hogs with the extra horsepower. Get the extended and you will be fine.
    05-03-10 08:34 PM
    For Pete's sake! This battery nonsense is getting real old. Dude, if you want the latest and greatest, get the Incredible. Lets put it this way, if you never had either of them and you went to the store to play with both, you would come out with the Incredible....period. It's faster and thats just for starters and I won't go into the others.
    As for the battery life, what are you expecting? These phones are hogs with the extra horsepower. Get the extended and you will be fine.
    No, that is ignorant. The battery life is a HUGE issue. It's a mobile device DUDE. It is not something that I will be sitting home on a charger. I am NOT at home much or in the car a whole lot. I don't want a huge extended battery sticking out the back either.

If they want to create the "latest and greatest" then they should create a battery that is capable of doing it. My friend also went with the Moto Droid because of the battery issue with the HTC.

What good is extra horsepower if your phone is dead for half of the day? Does it do you any good then? no. As far as specs and features the HTC sounds better to me. But it's not better if I can't even use the damn thing due to it being dead.

If you think that's not a valid reason to get a phone or not then good for you for sitting at home or around a charger all day. Or wanting an extended battery sticking out the back. I don't want that. Everyone is NOT you. Be a little more mature before you post. You sound like 12. I highly doubt a mature adult would make a response like that!
    05-03-10 08:57 PM
    No, that is ignorant. The battery life is a HUGE issue. It's a mobile device DUDE. It is not something that I will be sitting home on a charger. I am NOT at home much or in the car a whole lot. I don't want a huge extended battery sticking out the back either.

If they want to create the "latest and greatest" then they should create a battery that is capable of doing it. My friend also went with the Moto Droid because of the battery issue with the HTC.

What good is extra horsepower if your phone is dead for half of the day? Does it do you any good then? no. As far as specs and features the HTC sounds better to me. But it's not better if I can't even use the damn thing due to it being dead.

If you think that's not a valid reason to get a phone or not then good for you for sitting at home or around a charger all day. Or wanting an extended battery sticking out the back. I don't want that. Everyone is NOT you. Be a little more mature before you post. You sound like 12. I highly doubt a mature adult would make a response like that!
    Just another reason I'd take the Droid over the Incredible. The Incredible's battery power is pretty laughable right now...so laughable that many Incredible owners here will be purchasing extended batteries just to make it through the day.

If I were in your shoes, I'd get the Droid. If you want it to run even faster than the Incredible, overclock it to 1.2GHz on CM 5.0.6.2 and it will be smooth as butter as well and still top the battery life on the Incredible.
    05-03-10 09:12 PM

Look, if you want good batter life, go with a Curve. I have had every Android that Verizon has released and the Incredible is just flatout better. The Motorola Droid is the second best Android on the market at this point in time. The Incredible will hold that spot till the next best thing.
    Regarding battery once more....my Incredible lasts the whole day as did my Motorola. I am a heavy e-mailer and browser user. It does just fine. At the end of the day, who cares what we think, it's your decision.
    05-03-10 10:21 PM
    Look, if you want good batter life, go with a Curve. I have had every Android that Verizon has released and the Incredible is just flatout better. The Motorola Droid is the second best Android on the market at this point in time. The Incredible will hold that spot till the next best thing.
    Regarding battery once more....my Incredible lasts the whole day as did my Motorola. I am a heavy e-mailer and browser user. It does just fine. At the end of the day, who cares what we think, it's your decision.
    I care what you think because I don't own one. And that's all I wanted was to hear how many hours people were getting out of these things. Because I've had about 30 people message me on here now telling me they get 5-8 hours out of it. That just won't do it for me. No matter if it's the coolest and fastest phone in the world. It's got to be a MOBILE phone for me.

I ran my Motorola Droid with heavy texting, phone calls, moderate internet use, GPS, and all kinds of apps since 7 this morning until 2 am. I just now inserted my extra battery an hour ago. Now it wouldn't do this when I first got it. But it does now as the battery got broke in.

To be honest my Droid last the same amount as my Tour did. My BlackBerry Tour actually didn't last as long if I browsed the web and used the gps as much as I do on my droid. But I never browsed the web hardly on it because it sucked for that. I had an extended battery with the Tour. Not the one that pokes out though. 1600. The 1600 fits in the phone without poking out. So I don't see why they can't just put one of those in the droid. Or make an 1800 or 1900 that's a little thicker and make the phone just a tad thicker barely even noticeable. Or create the design where the entire back is the battery so they could make it longer instead of thicker and have just a tiny bit at the top for the camera. I mean they could do this stuff if they wanted to.

I was also reading that they have the technology to make phones charge at an extremely fast rate. That would be really cool.

My Droid charges very quickly. But in my external battery charger it charges slow. But it doesn't matter because it's done way before I'm in need of it anyway. I also have two wall outlets so I can plug up my external charger and phone at the same time if needed.

Man when I first got the Droid I didn't have an external battery charger. And I always had one with BlackBerry. took me forever to find one online. I could barely live with that. If I have a busy day at work and use all my battery I hate being tied down to the charger. Even if I'm at home where I can charge it. I'd rather just pop another battery in there.

Looking forward to the next Motorola Droid! That's what I'm going with for sure if it's out in January. If it's not we'll see what all is out. I imagine around Christmas they will roll out some good Android device.
    05-04-10 03:16 AM
    I care what you think because I don't own one. And that's all I wanted was to hear how many hours people were getting out of these things. Because I've had about 30 people message me on here now telling me they get 5-8 hours out of it. That just won't do it for me. No matter if it's the coolest and fastest phone in the world. It's got to be a MOBILE phone for me.

I ran my Motorola Droid with heavy texting, phone calls, moderate internet use, GPS, and all kinds of apps since 7 this morning until 2 am. I just now inserted my extra battery an hour ago. Now it wouldn't do this when I first got it. But it does now as the battery got broke in.

To be honest my Droid last the same amount as my Tour did. My BlackBerry Tour actually didn't last as long if I browsed the web and used the gps as much as I do on my droid. But I never browsed the web hardly on it because it sucked for that. I had an extended battery with the Tour. Not the one that pokes out though. 1600. The 1600 fits in the phone without poking out. So I don't see why they can't just put one of those in the droid. Or make an 1800 or 1900 that's a little thicker and make the phone just a tad thicker barely even noticeable. Or create the design where the entire back is the battery so they could make it longer instead of thicker and have just a tiny bit at the top for the camera. I mean they could do this stuff if they wanted to.

I was also reading that they have the technology to make phones charge at an extremely fast rate. That would be really cool.

My Droid charges very quickly. But in my external battery charger it charges slow. But it doesn't matter because it's done way before I'm in need of it anyway. I also have two wall outlets so I can plug up my external charger and phone at the same time if needed.

Man when I first got the Droid I didn't have an external battery charger. And I always had one with BlackBerry. took me forever to find one online. I could barely live with that. If I have a busy day at work and use all my battery I hate being tied down to the charger. Even if I'm at home where I can charge it. I'd rather just pop another battery in there.

Looking forward to the next Motorola Droid! That's what I'm going with for sure if it's out in January. If it's not we'll see what all is out. I imagine around Christmas they will roll out some good Android device.
    Just stick with your Droid and wait till your upgrade. My annual upgrade is next January as well and I'll be using my Droid until then unless I decide not to upgrade just yet. If you're using a Droid, it's a total waste of money to switch to an Incredible now. But since you can get it free, why not try it I guess? Battery life is a big issue with the Incredible now so don't let any fanboys fool you. Just head over to androidcentral.com and look at all the complaints.
    05-04-10 05:41 AM

I played with the store model, and a friends last night. It is a sweet phone.
    get another battery carchager etc it should get you through the day. If u
    can deal with not having the physical keyboard go for it.
    05-04-10 09:03 AM
    I too got to play with a store model and its a cool phone at all but I wouldnt switch right now, I too have the droid. Yes the phone is faster, but is a web page loading 3-4 seconds faster than the droid that big of a deal? or an email that loads instantly vs the droid which may take a few seconds worth it? not to me its not. Battery life is a huge deal to me, and if you dont feel comfortable with what you have read, I would stay put.
    05-04-10 11:00 AM
    I have the incredible and my battery at first sucked but as time went on it got better and better and ive had mine since 4-28. Now with everything running, my last charge was 5-4 at 10:00 am and as of today i still have half a battery left and thats with heavy textin,moderate calls,heavy email, and moderate internet usage.
    05-05-10 01:08 PM
    This is the best thread I have read in a while on this site. You asked a simple question and got a page and a half of nonsense and anger....I love it.....sorry I have a inc on the way so I don't have a answer for your question. Thank you to all who responded to op you guys are great.

05-06-10 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD