A Blackberry shell with Android, non-touch, OS. Anybody else feel the same?

I'm so sick of touch-screens I want to, literally, hunt, with bow and arrow, the guy(s)/gal(s) that came up with the technology. Horribly inaccurate and user unfriendly, no matter how nice or "responsive", it's just one of those "in comparison" cases. Yes, it's responsive, in comparison to the previous tech, but that's a relative term and unlike all the touch fanbois I'm not okay with lowered expectations just to have the latest fad. Nothing but a novelty as far as I'm concerned, and while I can admit that I fell a victim to it at first, and still find something about it better in ways, especially when gaming, for the purpose of a phone's main functions it is, by far, the inferior operating system. That's not opinion or open to interpretation, it's intellectual and unbiased rationale/fact. The reason I chose this combination isn't because I find Android to be the superior OS, but, rather, it simply has the most extensive, open, and cost beneficial app world. I'm just curious if any others feel the same?

Recently the Motorola Charm was released through T-Mobile, my company, and while it's the closest thing and actually incorporates the best of both worlds theory having both a pushbutton keyboard and touchscreen, the point of touch screens is their generous proportions. This is why I said non-touch, otherwise I'd very happily have both, but then the phones are getting into either unmanageable sizing or slide out keyboards, which, if I haven't made it clear by now, I detest with a passion. Perhaps I'm just one of those insatiable types, always seeking perfection which simply doesn't exist, but what's so wrong with having dreams, piped as they may be?
    09-25-10 09:52 PM
    **** no, i will never go back to physical keyboards ever
    09-25-10 10:03 PM
    i've never experienced a virtual keyboard that was worth a ****e. having clickable physical keys is the only way for me. tried swype, it's just hype, your finger is in the way of seeing where you're going far too frequently to work. i have no patience for or acceptance of it. the android 2.1 board is my favorite on my vibrant, because of the speak-to-text option, and it's quite accurate, however i don't want people around me hearing my conversations, nor do they particularly want to. it'd be nice, and easy, to say that i'm just incapable of being pleased, but that's simply not true. it's companies that are incapable of pleasing me. i just can't imagine i'm the only one. i'd wonder how many BB users secretly feel the same... android envy.
    09-25-10 10:30 PM
    i've never experienced a virtual keyboard that was worth a ****e. having clickable physical keys is the only way for me. tried swype, it's just hype, your finger is in the way of seeing where you're going far too frequently to work. i have no patience for or acceptance of it. the android 2.1 board is my favorite on my vibrant, because of the speak-to-text option, and it's quite accurate, however i don't want people around me hearing my conversations, nor do they particularly want to. it'd be nice, and easy, to say that i'm just incapable of being pleased, but that's simply not true. it's companies that are incapable of pleasing me. i just can't imagine i'm the only one. i'd wonder how many BB users secretly feel the same... android envy.
    i think you have that reverse a little. yes they will try to please the consumer the best they can but the can not cater to everyone. With the 1000s of apps if there is an aspect that you dont like, try something else.
    09-25-10 11:11 PM
    no, not reversed at all, and i'm not asking they make something for me only, one would be very ignorant to not know that i'm in quite a large group here. that said, a higher majority is more about trend than practicality, no accusations or judgments, just sayin'... i understand why, just not happy with it. i was obviously and purposefully embellishing when i claimed manufacturers incapable, it's not about capabilities, it's about sales... cha-ching (as pink floyd plays in the background). as for the apps to try, that's not applicable here (pun fully intended). there is absolutely no touch-screen keyboard that will satisfy me to the point that i desire. i require tactile vs virtual, simple as that, and sadly so, because i love my android to death, otherwise.
    09-25-10 11:29 PM
    man am i whiny beotchka tonight or what! boo-hoo loser, get over it, shut-up, and move on.
    09-25-10 11:30 PM
    man am i whiny beotchka tonight or what! boo-hoo loser, get over it, shut-up, and move on.
    ^^^best part of this thread.
    09-26-10 02:12 AM
    Sounds like someone had a little to much to drink and no where to go, hahaa. j/k
    09-26-10 09:26 AM
    Motorola is rumored to be putting out an Android based phone like the old 'Q', and I read somewhere it is rumored to be a world phone. The first Q rocked in terms of size and keyboard. I love mine. Many would welcome some real competition to RIM with a physical keyboard. Whether you personally prefer a physical keyboard or virtual, there are many people that will not give up their physical keyboard, and RIM does them the best since the Palm Treo series died IMO.
    09-26-10 10:47 AM
    Motorola is rumored to be putting out an Android based phone like the old 'Q', and I read somewhere it is rumored to be a world phone. The first Q rocked in terms of size and keyboard. I love mine. Many would welcome some real competition to RIM with a physical keyboard. Whether you personally prefer a physical keyboard or virtual, there are many people that will not give up their physical keyboard, and RIM does them the best since the Palm Treo series died IMO.
    They already have the Charm and Flip-out... I haven't heard anything about another Candybar QWERTY from Moto.

T-Mobile's Moto Charm on sale August 25 for $75 | Android Atlas - CNET Blogs

Motorola's Android Flipout: Don't hold your breath, America - Computerworld Blogs
    09-26-10 11:04 AM
    when i had my 9650 i loved the keyboard. but since i have the droid x i cant look back. the droid x keyboard is just as good and the keys are huge
    EDIT: yey 1002 posts
    09-26-10 11:30 AM
    Sounds like someone had a little to much to drink and no where to go, hahaa. j/k
    nope, though slightly hungover.
    09-26-10 11:54 AM
    for the purpose of a phone's main functions it is, by far, the inferior operating system. That's not opinion or open to interpretation, it's intellectual and unbiased rationale/fact. The reason I chose this combination isn't because I find Android to be the superior OS, but, rather, it simply has the most extensive, open, and cost beneficial app world. I'm just curious if any others feel the same?
    Sorry but that's just your opinion and can be debated all day long. I find Android to be the superior OS but I'll readily admit BB does some things better out of the box (email). With a little third party help, Android easily and reliably handles email though.

I prefer touch screens and can get work done much faster on them - but that's just me and I recognize not everyone's the same. I'm also very fast on Swype and the multitouch keyboard. They just take a little patience and practice to master.
    09-26-10 11:54 AM
    Agreed. I've tried the keyboard of the Charm, it sucks.
    09-26-10 11:56 AM
    They already have the Charm and Flip-out... I haven't heard anything about another Candybar QWERTY from Moto.
    Potential device is listed here at BGR
    09-27-10 06:55 PM

exactly. it's an obvious reality that touchscreens are very successful and here to stay.
    09-28-10 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD