Don't get me wrong, I think the droid has some very nice features. Over the weekend, I got a good amount of use out of the browser, gps, and voice search. I also like having exchange folder access.

Now that I'm back at work, I'm missing the curve big time. The droid requires so many more steps to perform the same tasks as the bb. Not having Send and End buttons is annoying. I cant even freakin mark multiple mail items as read?!?!?!?! WTH MAN!?!?!?

11-09-09 02:05 PM
    Have you tried the touchdown email app?
    11-09-09 02:12 PM
    Use the droid shortcut function to mapped the bottom command keys as the call/end button.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 02:16 PM
    I'm also coming from a blackberry and freaking LOVE this device.

The call end buttons are not an issue and personally everything this thing has to offer out weighs blackberry by a landslide.
    11-09-09 02:21 PM
    Use the droid shortcut function to mapped the bottom command keys as the call/end button.

Can you elaborate on this, and be more specific please.
    11-09-09 02:21 PM
    i have a droid that ive been using all weekend long and i am stuck between my droid and my s2... i cant decide!!!

has anyone experienced a lag with the text messaging, with a message "sorry ... something " and it gives you an option to re try? im checking if i am the only one experiencing this issue.
    11-09-09 02:26 PM
    I thought maybe there was an option to make a short cut to mapped the 4 capacitive button on the bottom to your liking. I could be wrong and that you can't change those.

11-09-09 02:30 PM
    I thought maybe there was an option to make a short cut to mapped the 4 capacitive button on the bottom to your liking. I could be wrong and that you can't change those.

Nope, AFAIK, there isn't a way to change the function of those capacitive keys.
    11-09-09 02:41 PM
    Anyne else hand tired from always reaching to the top to push the unlock button? I wish the function bttons at the bottom would atleast open the screen to the unlock page
    11-09-09 03:04 PM
    +1. touchdown is a much better email app than the native one on the droid.

about the phone, just add the phone icon to the home screen. it's one more step than you would normally take on a bb to place a call. and when answering a call the phone app automatically comes up.

as for remapping the capacitive buttons, right now that's not an option. personally i wouldn't change it even if it was.
    11-09-09 03:04 PM
    You can also create a shortcut to direct dial a contact. Think of it like a speed dial on your home screen. Home, Menu, Add, Shortcut, Direct Dial, select from contact list.
    11-09-09 03:07 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I think the droid has some very nice features. Over the weekend, I got a good amount of use out of the browser, gps, and voice search. I also like having exchange folder access.

Now that I'm back at work, I'm missing the curve big time. The droid requires so many more steps to perform the same tasks as the bb. Not having Send and End buttons is annoying. I cant even freakin mark multiple mail items as read?!?!?!?! WTH MAN!?!?!?

You can mark multiple emails as read. Next to each message in the folder there is a check box. Hit each check box turning them from faded out to a white checkmark in a green box (stock android theme). At the bottom of the screen there should be a popup box that gives you some options such as Mark Read, Add Star, and Delete. This should fix your woes with this particular case.
    11-09-09 03:14 PM
    Anyne else hand tired from always reaching to the top to push the unlock button? I wish the function bttons at the bottom would atleast open the screen to the unlock page
    lol funny you say that...first couple days it took A LOT of getting used to but now it's second nature. It's one of those things..it becomes habit.

You do know what will happen though don't you? when you move into a new device down the road you always be reaching to the top lol...

and so it goes : )
    11-09-09 03:22 PM
    about the phone, just add the phone icon to the home screen. it's one more step than you would normally take on a bb to place a call..
    BB

- Hit Send Button
    - Scroll to Recently Called Number
    - Hit Send Button
    - End call by pressing end button

Droid

- Locate and press the not so easy to press power button
    - Drag finger across the screen to unlock
    - Press Home Button if you are not at the home screen
    - Locate the phone icon the on the screen and tap it. Hopefully the first tap registers
    - Locate the Call Log button on the screen and tap it. Hopefully the first tap registers
    - Press the call button next to the number you want to call
    - To end the call, pull phone away from face, wait for the proximity sensor to detect that the phone is away from your face so that it turns the screen back on, locate the end button on the screen and tap it. Hopefully the first tap registers
    - If the screen never comes back on, press buttons frantically until u are sure u have ended the call

11-09-09 05:51 PM
    You can mark multiple emails as read. Next to each message in the folder there is a check box. Hit each check box turning them from faded out to a white checkmark in a green box (stock android theme). At the bottom of the screen there should be a popup box that gives you some options such as Mark Read, Add Star, and Delete. This should fix your woes with this particular case.
    What I should have said is, I can't select all emails or select all emails on a specific date, like on the bb.
    11-09-09 05:54 PM
    I'm trying the demo now... $10!?!?!??!
    11-09-09 05:55 PM
    BB

- Hit Send Button
    - Hit Send Button

Droid

- Locate the phone icon the on the screen and tap it. Hopefully the first tap registers
    - Locate the Call Log button on the screen and tap it. Hopefully the first tap registers
    - To end the call, pull phone away from face, wait for the proximity sensor to detect that the phone is away from your face so that it turns the screen back on, locate the end button on the screen and tap it. Hopefully the first tap registers
    - If the screen never comes back on, press buttons frantically until u are sure u have ended the call

Most people lock their BBs too. It's really not that hard. Hopefully the first tap registers? Then don't get a touch screen. ;p
    11-09-09 05:59 PM
    Hey if your willing for a trade to go back to BlackBerry PM me!!

11-09-09 06:02 PM
    Most people lock their BBs too. It's really not that hard. Hopefully the first tap registers? Then don't get a touch screen. ;p
    Most? That's a pretty convenient statement. lol
    11-09-09 06:11 PM

about the phone, just add the phone icon to the home screen. it's one more step than you would normally take on a bb to place a call. and when answering a call the phone app automatically comes up.
    You can also create a shortcut to direct dial a contact. Think of it like a speed dial on your home screen. Home, Menu, Add, Shortcut, Direct Dial, select from contact list.
    my phone came with the phone shortcut on the home screen and i find that's what i use if i have someone not set as a shortcut...as for my "speeddial" or most called people i have them on the left swipe screen as a direct call shortcut super easy...not as easy as my button shortcuts on my curve which i will say i do miss alot, having a speed dial was my biggest selling point, the S2 can only use the dialpad as a speeddial and i couldn't have that. seriously, having the phone shortcut & the direct dial shortcuts is just as easy for me as calling on my curve, i may not like it as much right now (as i loved my curve) BUT it's just as easy

YES!!! lol, it's such a pain in the ****, i did have a password on my curve, so i was used to an extra step here and there, but ugh, this is a pain...not enough for me to return it just yet, but a pain indeed!

and i also agree...my biggest peeve is that i cant just "delete prior" i hate having to go thru each one and check or open. i also HATE (one of my biggest peeves about the phone) is that you when you delete an email you either keep it on phone or delete it from server...some things i don't want on my phone, but i do want it on my computer, so i have to have it not reflect on the server, but then all the junk emails that i've deleted thru the day are still on my computer when i get home, so i have to delete them again. i wish there was the 3 options like on bb but really, my only HUGE peeve, other than that i love it!
    11-09-09 06:26 PM
    I'm trying the demo now... $10!?!?!??!
    Does touchdown app only work with exchange? Will it work with regular outlook?

11-09-09 07:12 PM
    my phone came with the phone shortcut on the home screen and i find that's what i use if i have someone not set as a shortcut...as for my "speeddial" or most called people i have them on the left swipe screen as a direct call shortcut super easy...not as easy as my button shortcuts on my curve which i will say i do miss alot, having a speed dial was my biggest selling point, the S2 can only use the dialpad as a speeddial and i couldn't have that. seriously, having the phone shortcut & the direct dial shortcuts is just as easy for me as calling on my curve, i may not like it as much right now (as i loved my curve) BUT it's just as easy

YES!!! lol, it's such a pain in the ****, i did have a password on my curve, so i was used to an extra step here and there, but ugh, this is a pain...not enough for me to return it just yet, but a pain indeed!

and i also agree...my biggest peeve is that i cant just "delete prior" i hate having to go thru each one and check or open. i also HATE (one of my biggest peeves about the phone) is that you when you delete an email you either keep it on phone or delete it from server...some things i don't want on my phone, but i do want it on my computer, so i have to have it not reflect on the server, but then all the junk emails that i've deleted thru the day are still on my computer when i get home, so i have to delete them again. i wish there was the 3 options like on bb but really, my only HUGE peeve, other than that i love it!

And, delete from server is not an option for yahoo accts. Still not enough for me to drop the phone though.
    11-09-09 07:30 PM
    BB

- Hit Send Button
    - Hit Send Button

Droid

lol. maybe the droid is too complicated for you. maybe you need a very simple smartphone. you know, something like the curve...oh wait.
    11-09-09 09:01 PM

Have you tried setting up a folder and then archiving it? Such as, "Computer e-mails" and then just labeling all the e-mails that you want on your computer and off your phone as "Computer e-mails" and archiving? That will get rid of them from your inbox so you don't have to look at them on the phone, they're not taking up memory (since they're working from within the cloud anyways) and they are there when you want them.
    11-09-09 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD