Hey all,

I've started my transition back to android. I've loved my 9900 but have a g2 coming for me in the mail. The blackberry is the greatest phone (call, text, email) but unfortunately I miss my phone being able to do more than phone functions (well that is; I came from android). Also I feel its time to maximize the selling point for my 9900- should decrease closer we get to bb10 (if they ever come out.. Frustration).

That being said (/end rant), my question is this: I want to keep my text messages in the transition. Any way to save them and load them into android? I'd be rooting mine and probably loading an ICS rom on it (miss that part of a cell too)

Thanks! And hopefully bb can win me back in the future. Such a great qwerty, I honestly often prefer it to my desktop for typing- crazy!
    07-08-12 09:45 PM
    bump

I have now moved to an android g2 and love it but still want to move my texts from my bb over before I sell it..

Help please! Thanks.
    07-26-12 07:03 PM
    ipd-extractor - Extract Blackberry backup (IPD file) into CSV file - Google Project Hosting

One way, create a non-encrypted backup, extract the sms to CSV
    Then use an android app to import csv to sms: Import sms csv Apps - Android
    07-26-12 07:43 PM
    I've been away from BB long enough that I'm no longer familiar with its SMS Backup apps. But I'd recommend looking for one that backs up your SMS to gmail. Then use a similar backup utility on your Android device to recover them (their are tons of apps that accomplish this for Android).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-12 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD