The touch sensitive keys on the touchscreen (home, back, menu and search) are not lighting up for me anymore when it is dark. The keyboard lights up but the touch sensitive buttons will not. When I have the physical keyboard open, and then go to close it, they light up as I am pushing the keyboard back in.

I am rooted, no ROMs installed just overclocked and have JIT enabled. I also have 2.1 ported apps on my Droid.

Is this happening to anyone else?
    Last edited by avt123; 02-01-10 at 11:41 AM.
    02-01-10 11:16 AM
    Alright, never mind. My screen only works now when the slider is half way up. Time to call Verizon.
    02-01-10 07:05 PM
    Don't tell them you are rooted.

Also install a fresh copy 2.0.1 from alldroid and see if that fixes it.
    02-01-10 07:42 PM
    I am already back to stock (pain in the *** because I had to keep the screen a certain way with applied pressure to see anything). I used the update.zip file from the sholes thread AllDroid - View topic - How to *completely* get back to stock (no su, no busybox)

They are sending me a "certified like new" device. It better look as good as mine because my device still looks brand new. No scratches or marks of any kind anywhere on the device.
    02-01-10 07:47 PM
    I am already back to stock (pain in the *** because I had to keep the screen a certain way with applied pressure to see anything). I used the update.zip file from the sholes thread AllDroid - View topic - How to *completely* get back to stock (no su, no busybox)

They are sending me a "certified like new" device. It better look as good as mine because my device still looks brand new. No scratches or marks of any kind anywhere on the device.
    Wow that definitely sounds like a hardware error. I have heard of the custom kernel keeping your bottom icons lit all the time, but this sounds like something is going wrong with the components that tell the screen when to light up.
    02-01-10 07:56 PM
    Wow that definitely sounds like a hardware error. I have heard of the custom kernel keeping your bottom icons lit all the time, but this sounds like something is going wrong with the components that tell the screen when to light up.
    It's really odd. In order for the screen to turn on, I have to slide the screen all the way up, then bring it back down to right above the "shift,z,x,c,v,b,n,m...." keys to work. Once it is like that, everything is fine. All the light work, the touchscreen is still accurate, just like it would be as normal. It definitely has something to do with the sliding mechanism.
    02-01-10 08:03 PM
    that sounds more like a fault in the ribbon that connects the keyboard to the screen or whatever sensor in the slider that knows when the screen is opened. might not have anything to do with the mods, maybe just a random hardware failure.
    02-01-10 09:01 PM
    that sounds more like a fault in the ribbon that connects the keyboard to the screen or whatever sensor in the slider that knows when the screen is opened. might not have anything to do with the mods, maybe just a random hardware failure.
    Yea it's not the mods because I'm back on stock and it still does the same thing. It is definitely hardware. Hopefully I have my new device my tomorrow or Thursday.
    02-02-10 11:21 AM
    Now the screen just doesn't work period. I wish I was able to log out of my google account some how.
    02-02-10 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD