Is there an official counter of all apps paid and free in Market? I've seen some fan sites/blogs with counters and they all give different counts. The official google market page does not give any info. Anyway I need a real count that is updated daily or when ever apps are added.

I'm looking for a site, preferable an official google site/link and not just a quoted number from an article or fan blog
    01-17-11 10:02 AM
    It changes every minute, so only google has official numbers (or whoever inventories them and posts that day) good question, maybe there need to be an app for that lol
    01-17-11 11:37 AM
    It changes every minute, so only google has official numbers (or whoever inventories them and posts that day) good question, maybe there need to be an app for that lol
    true only google would have the actual number. it seems that all fans sites seem to guess and give numbers no where near what googles actual numbers are. i read an article where the author cited a site that said Google Market has 200k apps but later Google VP said it only 90k.

any app created that isn't an official google app retrieving the actual realtime numbers would be just an estimate. anyone can give a ball park estimate
    01-17-11 12:28 PM
    true only google would have the actual number. it seems that all fans sites seem to guess and give numbers no where near what googles actual numbers are. i read an article where the author cited a site that said Google Market has 200k apps but later Google VP said it only 90k.

any app created that isn't an official google app retrieving the actual realtime numbers would be just an estimate. anyone can give a ball park estimate
    I think I read the same thing awhile back....I guess it is time for an app check
    01-17-11 12:34 PM
    acndroid hit 100k in late oct so i doubt is 200k
    01-17-11 12:36 PM
    acndroid hit 100k in late oct so i doubt is 200k
    From PC Magazine:

"Google's open-source Android phone platform is growing at breakneck pace. The library of free Android apps is expanding just as quickly. Late last month we reported that Android had turned another milestone, topping 200,000 apps, closing fast on the 300,000 in Apple's App Store... "
    01-17-11 12:44 PM
    when was that article tucker?
    01-17-11 12:49 PM
    Report: Android Market Tops 200K Apps | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Linked the PC article.
    Last edited by johnly; 01-17-11 at 12:53 PM. Reason: google contratcted AndrioLib
    01-17-11 12:50 PM
    From PC Magazine:

"Google's open-source Android phone platform is growing at breakneck pace. The library of free Android apps is expanding just as quickly. Late last month we reported that Android had turned another milestone, topping 200,000 apps, closing fast on the 300,000 in Apple's App Store... "
    I read a similar story but, only Google has the official numbers. One blog story said Google adds 15,000 apps a day which is laughable. What Google considers an app and what bloggers / fans count are two different things. A wallpaper, song clip are not apps. Which people are counting as apps. I can go an upload every single personal picture I own and make that number jump up to 10k+ Oh, well would be nice to know the real numbers of "apps" (not wallpapers or sounds).

"Google vice president of engineering announced earlier this month that 300,000 Android devices are activated every day. His announcement came just months after the company's chief executive Eric Schmidt said that Google was activating 200,000 Android devices daily." -reading stuff like that when Google themselves don't know the actual number doesn't really help much. Geez, how can you be 100k off. some structure is needed fast.
    Last edited by devGOD; 01-17-11 at 12:58 PM.
    01-17-11 12:53 PM
    01-17-11 12:55 PM
    that is still a major leap, even if counting is skewed lol
    01-17-11 12:58 PM
    How many business app? So that we can squash the Android is a toy mantra?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-11 05:43 PM
    How many business app? So that we can squash the Android is a toy mantra?

I thought we squashed that days ago!
    01-17-11 05:45 PM
    Very good then!

01-17-11 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD