My Best friend since I was literally 2 years old is a big sales employee at Verizon. He just told me to hold off on the droid and eris cause a lot of android phones are getting launched very soon. I'm trying to get more info as I type this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-09 09:15 AM
    Motorola calgary. Htc passion. The third "mystery" android phone. Those are my guesses. Here's a link to the last one.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/11/05/saygus-vphone-v1-hits-the-fcc-headed-for-verizon-next/

Last edited by the one and only M; 11-06-09 at 09:19 AM.
    11-06-09 09:17 AM
    more than just those it seems.

11-06-09 09:18 AM
    that last phone is ugly, I'll enjoy my Droid for a year and if something better is out I'll pay $200 than and get that
    11-06-09 09:34 AM
    You can't leave us hanging like this.

Any info on the Passion?
    11-06-09 09:39 AM
    I'm trying. He's very busy at work so I'm gonna talk to him later. He told me to def hold off on both though.

11-06-09 11:09 AM
    aren't sales reps the last to know? I mean they don't find out devices until they go for training on the device, no?
    11-06-09 11:12 AM
    aren't sales reps the last to know? I mean they don't find out devices until they go for training on the device, no?
    Unless they spend time surfing the web like we do. One of the Droid reviews I read mentioned that the Droid is great, but not perfect. It hinted that those who are looking for what the Droid is supposed to be may want to wait till December for (something?). I will try to find the site.

Interestingly enough Boy Genius also made very clear in his review that the Droid is the fastest Android on the market "as of November 6". There are certainly hints that something bigger is coming. Now will it really turn out to be better? No idea, but the rumblings are there for anyone to see.
    11-06-09 11:40 AM
    bet you never heard of Saygus. Neither have we, that was until today when a FCC file about a new approved Android phone caught our eyes. It's the Saygus VPhone (V1).

maybe this is the big secret...
    11-06-09 11:43 AM
    My Best friend since I was literally 2 years old is a big sales employee at Verizon. He just told me to hold off on the droid and eris cause a lot of android phones are getting launched very soon.

From phonesccop.com positive review of the Motorola Droid, the conclusion ends stating...
    "If you're an Android fan and have been waiting for Verizon Wireless to get on board, the Droid offers a lot of features and is certainly worth considering. Before running out to the store on November 6 when it goes on sale, I'd wait just a week or two to see what else Verizon Wireless has up its sleeves."

There are other notable mentions all over the web like I stated earlier, but who knows what will really be released. Many of the things I have read suggest something else is coming, but I don't have the time to research and cite it all.
    11-06-09 11:51 AM
    The rep at the Verizon store today said that they have something like 13 new phones dropping by Feb. I'm definitely interested in the little bit I've read regarding the Passion. Sounds like it will have 2.0, Sense UI, and a certain mac-daddy processor (I forgot the name). Anything else?
    11-06-09 02:43 PM
    I believe the name you're looking for is snapdragon.
    11-06-09 02:46 PM
    I believe the name you're looking for is snapdragon.
    Yup, that's it. So once Eris gets 2.0, won't the Passion be pretty close to the same? Not sure of the screen size though...
    11-06-09 02:49 PM
    He isn't a sales rep like the morons who call u when your upgrade is ready. First off he is high on the food chain. Second he is in big business not single personal sales. When I talk to him ill let you guys know but I told him I want either the hd2 or passion if they r real or else ill just get the droid and he told me to hold off so one of those if not both are coming soon.

11-06-09 02:54 PM
    He isn't a sales rep like the morons who call u when your upgrade is ready. First off he is high on the food chain. Second he is in big business not single personal sales. When I talk to him ill let you guys know but I told him I want either the hd2 or passion if they r real or else ill just get the droid and he told me to hold off so one of those if not both are coming soon.

Aren't they all?
    11-06-09 03:17 PM
    HD2 is WinMo only though. I wonder if it is any good?
    11-06-09 04:08 PM
    I'm sorry, but I can't buy a phone named "Passion". Who came up with that one?

I am a big fan of Nissan Z cars. When the car was introduced in Japan it was called a "fairlady". The CEO of Nissan/Datsun realized that name would never go over in the states and actually came over here and changed the badges as they came off the ships from Fairlady to 240Z. The Z is still called a Fairlady in Japan. The point is that a name can make or break a product.
    11-06-09 04:14 PM
    It will change like "Sholes" did to "Droid"
    11-06-09 06:23 PM
    The Eris was previously the Desire. Maybe the Passion will become the Eros.
    11-06-09 06:30 PM
    I think the Passion might be what I'm looking for... the Eris with the speed (and hopefully camera WITH flash) that the Droid has. Definitely holding off until all these phones drop on Verizon to make my decision.
    11-06-09 07:09 PM
    Correct.. even had an owner of a different wireless store tell me this..
    11-06-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD