I just got my phone 3 days ago. I love it, but when people call me their name flashes across screen, then it says missed call from unknown number. My calls aren't going through. I went to Verizon, but of course they don't know anything. They said it was fine. They called and it worked but I am not crazy! Then they said it could be a bad app. I had the same exact apps on my Incredible and never had a single problem. It takes me 6 tries sometime just to send a text message. I'm getting frustrated. Does anybody have any ideas?
    Last edited by missleslie09; 04-08-11 at 02:19 PM.
    04-08-11 12:06 PM
    *22899 Updates all PRLS and roaming, then battery pull and reboot.....
    04-08-11 01:00 PM
    Ouch, that font is very difficult to read.

Have you migrated your sd card from your Incredible to your TB? If you did, that might be the reason why you are having problems. You might have to backup your sd card to your computer, then format the sd card in the TB, then move your files back to the sd card.
    04-08-11 01:30 PM
    Ouch, that font is very difficult to read.

Have you migrated your sd card from your Incredible to your TB? If you did, that might be the reason why you are having problems. You might have to backup your sd card to your computer, then format the sd card in the TB, then move your files back to the sd card.
    No im using the 32 it came with
    04-08-11 02:11 PM
    *22899 Updates all PRLS and roaming, then battery pull and reboot.....
    it wont even let me dial that
    04-08-11 02:11 PM
    it wont even let me dial that
    Just dial *228, then choose option 2 to update your PRL's.

Thanks for the regular font.
    04-08-11 02:13 PM
    Just dial *228, then choose option 2 to update your PRL's.

Thanks for the regular font.
    LOL no prob =] When I dial it the screen flashes back to dial pad. This is driving me nuts! It also shows I have a VM now. When I tried to check it, it says to make a collect call LIKE I DONT HAVE MINUTES. But I have plenty. I just got the phone. If I call my phone from another phone it lets me check my voicemail off there. THis doesn't make any sense.
    04-08-11 02:19 PM
    *228 doesnt do anything for the tbolt. Are u accidentally muting the phone wih the side rocker volume key? I hit that rocker switch a lot. Except i do the opposite, i turn my phone ringer on when i scilence it at work.

I think a trick we are using to reset a tbolt is pull batter, pull out sim, replace reace and start it up if u think ur having other issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-11 02:53 PM
    Why doesn't *228 do anything that is a common vzw prl update dial.......interesting it doesn't need it I stand corrected....
    Last edited by Accidental Post; 04-08-11 at 05:08 PM.
    04-08-11 05:05 PM
    Not sure technically why but is has to do with the 4g running off the sim card, and its ability to automatically accept pushed out prl updates, or somethig like this. Im also reading second hand info that if *228 does go through, it can damage the sim card. *228 should be hanging up on you if u try it om a lte phone. Whih is the case here.
    There are a few things im hearing about lte on vzw that us long time vzw customers arent used to. One being *228, and another being that i heard i can switch my sim card to another lte phone and it will work on my account, like gsm phones do. Anyone try this?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 04-08-11 at 05:22 PM.
    04-08-11 05:17 PM
    Current LTE devices all use 3G for voice and only use 4G for data though, correct?
    04-08-11 06:07 PM
    Current LTE devices all use 3G for voice and only use 4G for data though, correct?
    I don't think so, I can make calls and send texts when I have my data completely turned off. I tested this because my gym has such bad reception, i kept switching from 4g to 3g to 1x and eating my battery, and i don't have any really important email or other notifications that I have to have while im working out.
    04-08-11 07:37 PM
    2 days later and they finally fixed it! Had to go in 2 different stores and ARGUE FOR a hour. Turns out the serial number was entered incorrectly AND the 4G switch was disabled. It's working great now =]]]]]]]]]
    04-10-11 04:32 AM
    2 days later and they finally fixed it! Had to go in 2 different stores and ARGUE FOR a hour. Turns out the serial number was entered incorrectly AND the 4G switch was disabled. It's working great now =]]]]]]]]]
    It's times like this that I make it a point to go back to the first person who proved to be of zero help, and show them how wrong they were and how somebody else more competent was able to fix it. I don't shove it in their face, but instead kill em with kindness and let them stew in it in their own way. At least then the next time the issue crops up, they know a little bit more.
    04-10-11 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD