I'm leaving you! Sorry... had to be said. I'm not bashing you RIM. I'm angry that you made me leave you. I wanted you. I wanted to stay with you. I wanted to be with you always. But... you neglected me. you abused me. You lied to me. Thanks to Verizon not offering a 1 year contract on the Thunderbolt, you're now going to have to wait two years to regain my love and trust.
    03-16-11 09:19 AM
    ... it's just a phone.
    03-16-11 09:28 AM
    ... it's just a phone.
    It's a phone that broke my heart
    03-16-11 09:32 AM
    Have a feeling that the new Storm(whatever new name will be) is right around the corner. To me, it's going to be worth the wait. Most that jump away from their blackberries, have regrets from what I've read.
    rollingrock1988 likes this.
    03-16-11 09:41 AM
    Have a feeling that the new Storm(whatever new name will be) is right around the corner. To me, it's going to be worth the wait. Most that jump away from their blackberries, have regrets from what I've read.
    I've heard that too and I'll be honest and post on my outcomes. I'll be holding HTC to the same standard. The ambiguity around the release of the Thunderbolt has put me and many on high alert. This phone has to knock my socks off our I will be pissed. That's how I felt/feel with the Storm 1. THAT phone was supposed to be the iPhone killer.
    03-16-11 09:48 AM
    Did they ever say what this 4G phone was gonna cost per month? You KNOW they are gonna charge more!
    03-16-11 10:46 AM
    I understand its not you its me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    big_time2 likes this.
    03-16-11 11:20 AM
    Did they ever say what this 4G phone was gonna cost per month? You KNOW they are gonna charge more!
    unlimited data remains 29.99
    pkcable likes this.
    03-16-11 11:34 AM
    It's pretty much a simple fact that no one gives themself time to adjust to the new OS and just automatically hate it.
    03-16-11 11:50 AM
    Most that jump away from their blackberries, have regrets from what I've read.
    You mean from what you've read on Crackberry..

Of course you're going to read about people who've come back here and say that. Go to Android Central and see how many want to switch back.
    03-16-11 12:17 PM
    I'm leaving you! Sorry... had to be said. I'm not bashing you RIM. I'm angry that you made me leave you. I wanted you. I wanted to stay with you. I wanted to be with you always. But... you neglected me. you abused me. You lied to me. Thanks to Verizon not offering a 1 year contract on the Thunderbolt, you're now going to have to wait two years to regain my love and trust.
    Well said and most of us BB defectors understand. You can leave Blackberry/RIM but continue to post here. When and if you do get your Thunderbolt make sure you come here and let us know how you like it, good luck!
    big_time2 likes this.
    03-16-11 12:40 PM
    The very few that come back to BB is for BBM, what they perceive to be faster email and an an actual keyboard. It's normal that there will always be some that cant adapt, even if that platform they can't adapt to is a better one.

Don't get your hopes up too high on another Storm, it's been two consecutive disappointments as far as that device goes. Puzzles me why you would want to give the next version of the Storm another shot despite it's crappy record
    Last edited by JD914; 03-16-11 at 01:21 PM.
    03-16-11 12:45 PM
    Nope they will charge the current unlimited data charge of $30 monthly but that can change so anyone contemplating getting a TB better do it now before VZW changes it's mind like they did with iPhone4.
    03-16-11 12:47 PM
    The very few that come back to BB is for BBM, what they perceive to be faster email and an an actual keyboard. It's normal that there will always be some that cant adapt, even if that platform they can't adapt to is a better one. Don't get your hopes up too high on another Storm, it's been two consecutive disappointments as far as that device goes. Puzzles me why you would want to give the next version of the Storm another shot despite it's crappy record
    There is a key point here in that I am one of those types that, not so much can't but didn't want to have to adapt. I invested an enormous amount of time, like a good crackberry head, learning my phone - learning BB, learning RIM. The fact that I have gotten to a point where I am willing to abandon all that effort can not be understated.
    03-16-11 01:39 PM
    There is a key point here in that I am one of those types that, not so much can't but didn't want to have to adapt. I invested an enormous amount of time, like a good crackberry head, learning my phone - learning BB, learning RIM. The fact that I have gotten to a point where I am willing to abandon all that effort can not be understated.
    It's easy, RIM is now a third rate company putting out third rate devices. You don't have to be technological whiz to know that other platforms like Android, iOS, Web OS and even WP7 offer more than BBOS.

I guess as with every platform you'll have die hards that put blinders on and refuse to explore their options.

I can assure you that you will be blown away with the TB and will ask yourself, why didn't I do this sooner?
    03-16-11 01:49 PM
    If it doesn't have QNX, it will be just another POS Storm.
    Machzy likes this.
    03-16-11 01:53 PM
    Dont let the door hit you in the rear on the way out.

lol j/k - hope they fixed that 4 hr battery life
    03-16-11 02:16 PM
    Dont let the door hit you in the rear on the way out.

lol j/k - hope they fixed that 4 hr battery life
    Don't worry. The door won't hit me. I'll be moving at 4G speed If they do have a battery life at 4 or less hours - I will return it in the first 30 days. edit: If I learned anything from my Storm 1 experience, it's to not take any crap anymore! If it ain't wokring out of the box - I aint gonna be trusting you this time to fix it! I won't fall in to the "Battered spouse" syndrome. Just because I'm in a new relationship where my new loving phone still beats on me - just not as much as my last phone - doesn't mean I'm in a good relationship!
    Last edited by bigberries; 03-16-11 at 02:54 PM.
    03-16-11 02:50 PM
    If it doesn't have QNX, it will be just another POS Storm.
    Not only that, but if it also doesn't have 4G, it will blow chunks.
    03-16-11 03:31 PM
    Not only that, but if it also doesn't have 4G, it will blow chunks.
    It will be nice to have the option, but 4G is a big joke right now. Especially on the CDMA side.

Until LTE/WiMax is available for at least 50% of Verizon/Sprint customers, I don't see the lack of 4G being a big deal breaker. Until my area has LTE, I could care less if my device does or doesn't.

For now it is dual core or bust.
    03-16-11 03:45 PM
    TB unboxing videos are hitting the net, looks sweet

HTC ThunderBolt Fast Boot (8-10 secs) | SlashGear TV
    Last edited by JD914; 03-16-11 at 04:10 PM.
    03-16-11 03:54 PM
    It will be nice to have the option, but 4G is a big joke right now. Especially on the CDMA side.

Until LTE/WiMax is available for at least 50% of Verizon/Sprint customers, I don't see the lack of 4G being a big deal breaker. Until my area has LTE, I could care less if my device does or doesn't.

For now it is dual core or bust.
    it's not a joke where I live!
    03-16-11 04:06 PM
    Dave, that TB looks so sweet, but I'm going to wait the Droid out and then read the reviews and see which one I want. I really want a good speakerphone, and sound and voice quality first and foremost, as I use speakerphone alot. It seems that getting the dual-core is a wise move for future O/Ss that may require it. It will really be interesting the next few days reading the reviews and opinions about the TB.
    03-16-11 04:12 PM
    Time to find out how good/bad the battery life is.
    03-16-11 04:18 PM
    I am talking about overall users, not just you. For you, 4G is a thing to get. For the majority of people on VZWs network, it does not matter because they do not have it.
    03-16-11 04:25 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD