What do you guys think of Android and iOS possibly getting BBM?

Would you use it?

Would you pay for it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-11 06:47 PM
    not going to pay. doubt i would use it since most of the people i used to have on the BB have changed devices anyway
    03-03-11 06:57 PM
    BBM outside the Blackberry world is not a big deal. The ones who moved on to better platforms more than likely don't care if BBM comes or doesn't come to iOS or Android.
    03-03-11 07:00 PM
    if free, sure I'd use it--especially for the time period when I've got a shiny new Android and my wife is stuck with her Storm due to her upgrade being many months later than mine.
    03-03-11 07:46 PM
    I would love to have it. I just got a Droid at the beginning of the week though. So, I may just be suffering from withdrawals.
    03-03-11 07:58 PM
    I wouldn't use it and certainly wouldn't pay for it. Most of my contacts are on gtalk anyway.

03-03-11 08:26 PM
    as far as what android and ios users can look forward to, we�ve been told rim will offer stripped down versions of the bbm experience blackberry owners know and love. That way, android and ios users can communicate with practically anyone who has a smartphone using bbm, but they might not be able to share photos, location, or videos
    Exclusive: BlackBerry Messenger will launch on Android and iOS | BGR

From the looks of it, it will be no better than Gtalk. I have no use for it, since the last few people I know who use BlackBerries are looking to move on
    03-03-11 08:42 PM
    Everyone I love have adapted to other clients. BBM, go rock it BB, just don't expect the fast evolutions to go back! ROFLMAO! Heart Darwin..
    03-03-11 08:54 PM
    Waste of time, IMHO.
    03-03-11 09:01 PM
    No thank you. BBM is a memory hog and useless to me since I don't have anyone in my family or have any friends who have Blackberrys.
    03-03-11 09:22 PM
    If I were able to use the Android version for a couple of BBM groups that I used when I still have a BB, that would be nice, but I can use Gtalk or Yahoo for those contacts I keep in touch with that still have BBs.

Don't think I would be willing to pay for a chat or IM client.

What I think would be better, is if RIM made an add on to BBM that allowed those that wanted it, to use BBM to talk to other chat clients
    Last edited by BlkBear; 03-03-11 at 09:56 PM.
    03-03-11 09:50 PM
    I would use BBM on my Pro if they allowed the groups but I def wouldn't pay for it. Dont need it that bad.
    03-03-11 11:35 PM
    I don't even really use BBM on my BlackBerry, so coming to Android makes no difference to me. The majority of my contacts throughout the past year or so have moved away from BlackBerry, so I have no use for it.
    03-04-11 01:15 AM
    the best thing about BBM was being anonymous without having to give out your email tag. but that's really no big deal. i'm happy with gtalk. and there are apps like live profile and kik.
    03-04-11 07:52 AM
    I already use multiple IM clients, I'm not about to add another to the list. Most people who I know who have BBs are using gtalk as well now anyways.
    03-04-11 09:16 AM
    From what I've read(plz correct me if I'm wrong)its not gonna have all the benifits of bbm.They say its going to b a watered down version of it,so No need 2 it!!!

03-04-11 12:35 PM
    I doubt RIM would host BBM on devices other than Berry's. Even if they did, it would be a monthly charge, not a one time fee.

If it were me, I would not let the competition use my servers for cheap.
    03-04-11 01:58 PM
    It's actually funny and once again it shows how RIM will pull it's head out of the sand and say oh crap we are losing Market share quick throw out some BBM...and by the time they do most folks have moved on to other platforms. And I bet they will try to charge for it.

RIM is becoming the laughing stock of phone innovation....oh wait they already are..
    K Bear and alby4ever like this.
    03-04-11 02:01 PM
    From what I've read(plz correct me if I'm wrong)its not gonna have all the benifits of bbm.They say its going to b a watered down version of it,so No need 2 it!!!

Exactly. Why the **** would I bother if it is watered down, when there are other IM clients now that are basically just as good as the real BBM? And these clients are available to BB users as well. There is no way I would use a ****ty IM client just so they can use it on their end (BB users), and get the premium version. No ******* way. gtalk or live profile. I even still use AIM.
    03-04-11 02:04 PM
    I doubt RIM would host BBM on devices other than Berry's. Even if they did, it would be a monthly charge, not a one time fee.

RIM would have to pay Apple to put that overrated app on the iPhone. You would not let the competition use your servers for cheap? Quite frankly, the competition has been doing just fine without BBM. It's RIM that needs them. They need Android's app market, they need to put BBM on other platforms because they've probably come to the realization that they have 0 innovation left in them. They bought a GPS company and software and made a WebOS knock off. Come on now. These companies are not paying RIM for jack.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 03-04-11 at 03:51 PM.
    alby4ever likes this.
    03-04-11 02:28 PM

RIM would be complete morons to not make it a one time fee. ****, it should be free because there are already better alternatives which support all the platforms. There is no way in **** I would pay a monthly fee for a watered down version of BBM.

If it happens, I question what is in the water up there in Waterloo.
    03-04-11 03:22 PM
    first of all you should watch what you say there are not better alternatives and deep down inside you know that. the full experience of bbm is not comparible to other platforms you know that and everyone else knows it so lets not try to compare kit or whatsup or anyother copycat out there to BBM. O YA RIM DOES NOT NEED APPLE for all you people that thought rim was going to crash and burn you guys are so far from the truth android yes is groing fast put how many different companies use it motorola dell samsung on and on thats why . if rim wanted to become the biggest with out carring they would of just accepted nokias offer put os6 on there phones and bang rim would of been the largest os overnight. see no one has mentioned that though
    03-04-11 04:22 PM
    first of all you should watch what you say there are not better alternatives and deep down inside you know that.
    Watch what I say? Are the RIM police going to snatch me away in the middle of the night or something? NEWS FLASH. There are better alternatives. Better just is my opinion. I find the other alternatives better because they support multiple platforms already, and they are adding the EXACT same features BBM has. Many other platforms like AIM, gtalk, Yahoo and others support multiple types of devices, not just smartphones. I find it MUCH more convenient to IM with someone wether they are on the PC, on their smartphone, their tablet or whatever, then just being stuck to IMing someone who is on their phone.

the full experience of bbm is not comparible to other platforms you know that and everyone else knows it so lets not try to compare kit or whatsup or anyother copycat out there to BBM.
    Copy cat? You make it sound like RIM invented instant messaging.

O YA RIM DOES NOT NEED APPLE for all you people that thought rim was going to crash and burn you guys are so far from the truth android yes is groing fast put how many different companies use it motorola dell samsung on and on thats why . if rim wanted to become the biggest with out carring they would of just accepted nokias offer put os6 on there phones and bang rim would of been the largest os overnight. see no one has mentioned that though
    RIM would have been the largest OS over night? Are you counting symbian? LOL

No one mentions that because it DID NOT HAPPEN. So, it is totally irrelevant.

And I still see you can't write coherent sentences.
    03-04-11 04:38 PM
    first of all you should watch what you say there are not better alternatives and deep down inside you know that. the full experience of bbm is not comparible to other platforms you know that and everyone else knows it so lets not try to compare kit or whatsup or anyother copycat out there to BBM. O YA RIM DOES NOT NEED APPLE for all you people that thought rim was going to crash and burn you guys are so far from the truth android yes is groing fast put how many different companies use it motorola dell samsung on and on thats why . if rim wanted to become the biggest with out carring they would of just accepted nokias offer put os6 on there phones and bang rim would of been the largest os overnight. see no one has mentioned that though
    It's painful to read this post. Your grammar and overall lack of spelling skills need improvment. Before you embarrass yourself again make sure someone proof reads what you write.
    Last edited by JD914; 03-04-11 at 06:38 PM.
    03-04-11 06:11 PM
    I have a feeling his primary language is French.
    03-04-11 06:13 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD