im thinking about making the switch from my storm to the Moto Droid because i enjoy the web on the go. good battery life and some good apps to help so i was wondering what are some pros. cons? of the droid and if you dont recommend it then what phone is for you on verizon thats the best? thanks
    12-05-09 04:26 PM
    I've owned the Storm 1 and 2, I'm not going to spend anytime complaining about it, but I can tell you I enjoy the DROID MUCH more. I would say besides the DROID the Eris would be the next best thing. It is getting google navigation added, and I would assume Android 2.1 but they have not confirmed it.

The DROID Pros IMO:

1. LED notification similar to BB.
    2. Amazing screen, with very crisp image.
    3. The phone is fast and doesn't have any performance issues.
    3. Landscape virtual or physical keyboard. Despite what anyone says about the keyboard it is very easy to get used to.
    4. Android 2.0.
    5. Browser is the next best thing to Safari, and is very good.
    6. Good app selection.
    7. Good battery life.

Cons:

1. Not a big fan of Motorola, but they did a great job with this phone.

Go in the Verizon store and play with the DROID and Eris and pick the form factor that suites you best.
    12-05-09 04:46 PM
    well i got an email from verizon says.. "DROID does double: buy one eris get one free!"
    12-05-09 04:55 PM
    You can buy a Moto Droid and get an eris free too, just not two Moto Droids. Offer doesn't last long though, I don't think.
    12-05-09 08:19 PM
    The Storm 1 was by first Blackberry and I absolutely loved it. Last week I upgraded to the Droid and have my Storm to my wife (also her first BB) and to be honest, I kinda feel bad now that I know how much better my Droid is, lol.

As soon as she is eligible I am getting her one.
    12-05-09 08:37 PM
    I had both the Storm and Storm 2. I was very happy with the S1 but I felt he S2 was much better. I probably would still have the S2 but I had returned of because of the button issue. Replacement I got was worst. I was going to just get a third storm but the store was busy an that gave me a chance to play with the Droid. I was amazed at how fast it was. By the time my name was called I decided to get the Droid. It was definitely the right decesion. I encourage the OP to get the Droid. Definitely a learning curve, its not perfect but its a heck of a lot better then the S2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 09:43 PM
    I'd go for it only because I was NEVER a fan of the storm. Yes, I admit I got one on launch but also returned it the same day. Never so unsatisfied with a phone before. I think you'll have a much better experience with the Droid, it's a great phone.
    12-05-09 10:13 PM
    im thinking about making the switch from my storm to the Moto Droid because i enjoy the web on the go. good battery life and some good apps to help so i was wondering what are some pros. cons? of the droid and if you dont recommend it then what phone is for you on verizon thats the best? thanks

I hated the storm 1.

I had an iphone. Then a 3g. Then I lost it and got a pearl since it was cheap. After that an 8900 on tmobile and then switched to a storm 2 (told my girlfriend tmo was dropping too many calls) on release day.

Now don't get me wrong. I liked my storm 2 a lot. It was the best BB I've had. But at the end of the day it was just another bb. Same old software and os. I started getting curious about the droid and long story short. I ******* love my droid.

Here's why

App store destroys bb appworld and crackberry appstore both.
    The screen... don't need to say anything else about that.
    The browser really is the next best thing to safari.
    The customizability is very nice as well

Overall I just love everything about this phone. Its the first phone I've had since my iphone where I didn't feel like something was missing.

Bonus fact: originally I was really put off by the slideout kb. Didn't want the phone because of it. Then as I started liking the phone more I figured oh well I just won't use it. Now after having it for a week I find myself using the slide out kb a lot. Pretty much any time I have to type more than a few sentances.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 12:31 PM
    thanks for all the info people keep pouring in
    12-06-09 12:57 PM
    I bought a Droid on release day and returned it. It's a fantastic phone for browsing the web. Nothing compares to the screen clarity on the Droid.

But I needed a hands-free device due to traffic laws that have been enacted. It wouldn't allow bluetooth voice dialing. That coupled with the inability to sync with Outlook on my PC were deal breakers and I returned the phone.

You can transfer your contacts, calendars etc from Outlook to Google, but you'll loose some fields.

Aside from these two issues, the Droid is still the better of the two devices and will continue to be so looking forward.
    12-06-09 01:12 PM
    I bought a Droid on release day and returned it. It's a fantastic phone for browsing the web. Nothing compares to the screen clarity on the Droid.

But I needed a hands-free device due to traffic laws that have been enacted. It wouldn't allow bluetooth voice dialing. That coupled with the inability to sync with Outlook on my PC were deal breakers and I returned the phone.

You can transfer your contacts, calendars etc from Outlook to Google, but you'll loose some fields.

Aside from these two issues, the Droid is still the better of the two devices and will continue to be so looking forward.
    Are you sure about the hands free dialing? I could have sworn it works with my bluetooth headset.... One of the big features of the motorola droid is the voice activated feature.
    12-06-09 01:21 PM
    Are you sure about the hands free dialing? I could have sworn it works with my bluetooth headset.... One of the big features of the motorola droid is the voice activated feature.
    I wasn't able to voice dial with a Motorola H710. I could do voice dialing with the phone though that negates the hands-free aspect.
    12-06-09 02:39 PM
    You can buy a Moto Droid and get an eris free too, just not two Moto Droids. Offer doesn't last long though, I don't think.
    Yea i just got mine on saturday and offer ends on monday i got the Droid and my Fiance got the Eris and we both are in love with our phones both are similar with some differences.
    12-06-09 03:19 PM
    best move i ever made was switching from my storm 1 to the droid !!
    12-06-09 06:18 PM
    hmm... well hay guise, i'ma big ol ******

iPHONE 4 LYFE BEETHCESS
    12-06-09 08:09 PM
    hmm... well hay guise, i'ma big ol ******

iPHONE 4 LYFE BEETHCESS
    That explains allot.....
    12-06-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD