hi all i been a bb fan for a couple years but been looking at the htc one s till bb10 arrives, how hard is it to get used to android? they look pretty complicated to use. I'm not sure as i really haven't played with one for a bit,
    thanks for your help
    05-03-12 06:04 AM
    I found Android very easy to get used to, and BB10 is not going to save Rim. You should have abandoned that ship long ago.
    VIDGMER likes this.
    05-03-12 06:15 AM
    it takes a little bit to get used to but its a great and fun time learning. The biggest thing is you need to not think the BB way of doing things. Android has some different approaches to things. They are also the customizable king. If you dont like 1 way to do something there are probably 5 other apps or ways to accomplish something. I ran a bb and android device side by side for over 6 months to compare and get used to how things were the same and how they were different. Most things you will probaly pick up on in a weeks time though. You have to give it some time for others
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-03-12 06:19 AM
    just be prepared to never come back to blackberry.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    dollface likes this.
    05-03-12 06:23 AM
    and forget the wonderful keypad in BB ? no way
    05-03-12 08:57 AM
    hi all i been a bb fan for a couple years but been looking at the htc one s till bb10 arrives, how hard is it to get used to android? they look pretty complicated to use. I'm not sure as i really haven't played with one for a bit,
    thanks for your help
    The HTC One X is the best Android device hands down. As far as being complicated, it's not more complicated than a BB device. It's just a matter of getting used to it. I'm positive when and if you make the move to Android you'll never come back to BB.
    05-03-12 03:06 PM
    Not best for me. I need an SD card and a removable battery. So the phone I currently rock is best for me as it has everything I need.

Personally can't wait till BB10 comes out and the reviews it will get. I think they are going to get back in the mix of things. No way will they be on top, but can be a player.

I will be holding out for a BB10 QWERTY type device. I miss my BB keyboard big time. I love my Android, but have a feeling one day I will be back.

So here is to hoping they can make it.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    05-03-12 03:17 PM
    Op since you have a PLayBook you can download Gingerbread OS to it
    and kinda get an idea of how the Android system works.
    It all depends how you use your BB. If you are really not taking advantage
    of some of the features that keep people like me on BB you might end
    up liking Android to much and wont even bother with BB10.
    05-03-12 06:06 PM
    You cannot download "gingerbread os" to a playbook...
    05-03-12 06:28 PM
    Well he can try an Android simulator app for PLaybook
    which will give you and idea of how the Android OS works.
    its called: Go launcher Ex
    05-03-12 06:49 PM
    Androids are much easier to use imo. Go for it, it will take a couple of days to get use to. You'll fall in love.
    05-04-12 06:55 AM
    thanks for your help
    It'll take some time getting used to it, since it is different than what you are used to. However, that doesn't make it more or less complicated, just different. Honestly, if you have learned how to use BBOS, there is no reason that you can't learn (fairly quickly) how to use Android.
    05-04-12 08:21 AM
    The HTC One S is an awesome phone and it's really easy to get used to it. Just try it for a few days and you'll love it.
    05-16-12 06:52 PM
    I just took the android plung. Still have my 9900 and playbook! Loving the size of this beast! Android is super coustomizable! HOPEFULLY BB10 will be worth the wait!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 (G-note) using Tapatalk 2
    05-16-12 07:40 PM
    I don't see why u still even have a bb device and IMHO those new bb10 devices ugly as lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    Tim1131 likes this.
    05-17-12 12:38 PM
    If I were you I'd try to be more patient. Both are releasing a new way of using their phones this Oct. BB10 you already know about. You may not know about this though.
    05-17-12 01:31 PM
    I don't see why u still even have a bb device and IMHO those new bb10 devices ugly as lol

Huh, care to link some pictures of these?

Anyone OP doesn't hurt to try. Some love it and some come running back.
    05-17-12 01:41 PM
    I can't find the pics but one is called the bb blade Google it I'm at work lol

05-20-12 03:36 PM
    I run BB on VZW and a Skyrocket.on AT&T. Android can be easy to get used to. I prefer the Samsung Galaxy line to the Motorola or HTC phones.
    I do not see myself leaving BB and I'm anxious to get a BB10 device. But I am enjoying my Skyrocket.
    05-20-12 04:56 PM
    Personally I'll stick with sprint and Android

05-21-12 07:37 PM
    I defiantly don't agree on the BB10 phones being ugly. They actually look really nice, but lets at least hold judgement till they come out. We don't know how many times it may change.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-12 07:41 PM
    Bb10 phones? As in vaporware renditions? Who knows if they will look like any of them.
    05-21-12 07:44 PM
    Bb10 phones? As in vaporware renditions? Who knows if they will look like any of them.
    So true. Love it when people are ready to declare something is ugly based on someone's *imagined* design, with no relation to reality.
    So far I've only seen one fugly BB - the Porsche Bold.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-23-12 06:34 AM
    OP, if you do decide to try Android, here is the advice I would give:

Do some research on the different user interfaces of each manufacturer/device. A lot of functionality is different among devices and their particular skins, that you might like how one skin looks/performs over another and it's important to know the differences.

Next, if the stock keyboard option you are given on the device of your choice isn't working for you, you can always turn to the market for other options. Personally I really like the stock HTC keyboard and I always seem to gravitate back to that, I also like SwitfKey and I have been using the SwiftKey 3 beta. This is the same keyboard maker that will be making the keyboard for BB10, as well.

Long presses are your friend. If you're on a screen in an app and you've pressed the menu button and nothing seems to be coming up for the process you want to do, try to long press on certain items for more menus and functions.

I can't stress the importance of learning the ins and outs of the OS. Search around menus. Click on things you don't even think are relevant. You learn a lot this way (or at least I did). I can't tell you how many times I've seen misinformation spread on here about someone testing out an Android device and it didn't behave just like the BB they were used to so they assumed certain things couldn't be done on the Android platform. By the time they were told how to do that particular action, they had already moved back to BB so they couldn't see for themselves, and they still stuck with the notion that it couldn't be done!

Think about how long it took to learn the ins and outs of BB. I'm sure you didn't learn it in a day, or even a week. The same will be true in learning a new OS. What I do is learn the basics and most vital functions for me and how I obtain my most needed information, which is typically learning how to use the dialer, texts, and email. The rest I branch out and learn after I get the basics down.

I hope that helps!!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-23-12 03:36 PM
    So true. Love it when people are ready to declare something is ugly based on someone's *imagined* design, with no relation to reality.
    So far I've only seen one fugly BB - the Porsche Bold.
    This is the blade hahaha

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2
    06-07-12 12:08 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD