First, I like how you can add you favorite contacts/speed dials right to the home screen. Simply hold your finger anywhere on the home screen and you can add them as a shortcut. you can do the whole contact or just their phone number. If you have a photo of the contact, it displays it as a small icon.

Second, the option to use latitude. so far I only have my dad as a friend, but we can see where eachother is by using the map app, pretty cool. (i know you can do this on other phones but I like that it's on my droid)

Third, I like the widgets - weather, clocks, calendar, etc. Very handy and usefull.

Fourth, virtual keyboard is awesome. I didn't have any problems with it from day one. fast and accurate.

Fifth, Klondike Solitaire. It's the best solitaire I have everplayed and it's a free app.

Sixth, Youtube app plays almost High Def. videos when on Wifi or takes a little longer to buffer when on 3G. amazing quality.

Seventh, Voice activated searches

Eighth,..........

I could go on forever.

My wife's BB Tour looks like a Tamagotchi next to this beast!
    Last edited by dw0095; 11-12-09 at 11:09 AM.
    11-12-09 11:02 AM
    The same thing I missed when I went from a G1 to a Bold:

Notification panel and the multitasking abilities it provides.
    11-12-09 12:20 PM
    Haha Tamagotchi.
    11-12-09 12:30 PM
    I hear email is pretty bad on the Droid (as compared to the Storm) if you dont have a google email account (which I don't) - True or False?
    11-12-09 12:34 PM
    E-mail on the Droid is not push like it is a BlackBerry. Except of course, for Gmail accounts.

On the bright side of that, Android phones aren't required to connect to a proxy server such as BIS for their internet connection.
    11-12-09 12:38 PM
    I hear email is pretty bad on the Droid (as compared to the Storm) if you dont have a google email account (which I don't) - True or False?
    I have a gmail account and an AT&T Yahoo account on the Droid. Both work fine.
    11-12-09 02:42 PM
    E-mail on the Droid is not push like it is a BlackBerry. Except of course, for Gmail accounts.

On the bright side of that, Android phones aren't required to connect to a proxy server such as BIS for their internet connection.

That is a false statement. If you are on an Exchange Server, email is push. The native application is good, but download Touchdown from the Android Market for a better, more intuitive application. My emails are pushed to my Droid and I get them 3 seconds after they hit my desktop inbox.

This phone is unreal!
    11-12-09 02:51 PM
    I use active sync for my email and I get it just as fast, if not faster, than my storm.
    11-12-09 02:51 PM
    I was referring to web e-mail in my previous post. I assumed it was common knowledge that Exchange e-mails are pushed as well. Sorry for any confusion.
    11-12-09 02:57 PM
    misschris change your device model in your profile....

after you do so report to the CP (Command Post) pick up a weapon and join your platoon in the Droid Army : )

We about to overrun this biotch lol
    11-12-09 02:57 PM
    lmmfao

+10
    11-12-09 03:41 PM
    Be careful,
    If we get too powerful, CB might kick us off the Island.

Off topic (who cares, it's my thread, LOL) anybody else notice that you can't send a message to somebody using the facebook app? I can post to the Wall but no private messages.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    11-12-09 03:43 PM
    Be careful,
    If we get too powerful, CB might kick us off the Island.

Off topic (who cares, it's my thread, LOL) anybody else notice that you can't send a message to somebody using the facebook app? I can post to the Wall but no private messages.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
    LOL then we'll only go to androidcentral
    11-12-09 03:57 PM
    I love the fact that I can keep throwing apps on it, and don't have to worry about it slowing to a crawl. Last night, I had four different apps downloading at the same time, and I was still using all the features my Droid has to offer.
    11-12-09 07:18 PM
    I love the fact that I can keep throwing apps on it, and don't have to worry about it slowing to a crawl. Last night, I had four different apps downloading at the same time, and I was still using all the features my Droid has to offer.
    I know, Gotta love this.....So much faster than my Storm!
    11-12-09 08:28 PM
    I have gmail being pushed and pulling att.net (yahoo). no problems here. at first I was forwarding all my att email to my gmail account. Now I'm pushing and pulling, that's right, because the droid is a beast and can do both, eat up apps, spit them out and not need rebooted, shrink-a-os, modified etc. Because the droid is kicking some ***.
    There is so much to like about the moto droid, the list is long. For now, I'll leave it at the Droid speaking to you.
    Son, we live in a world that has blackberries and those blackberries need to be replaced by Droids with guns. Who's gonna do it? You ATT? You, Lieutenant Jobs? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the iPhone and curse the Storm; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Storm's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that phone, you need me on that phone. We use words like open development, apps, browser speed. We use them as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of 3G coverage I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a Droidand stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to,
    11-12-09 09:30 PM

after you do so report to the CP (Command Post) pick up a weapon and join your platoon in the Droid Army : )

Yes sir!! Reporting for duty!
    11-12-09 09:41 PM
    ok the game TRAP! and Gaming Buzz must have for me!!
    11-13-09 01:27 AM
    Nesoid (paid) and all the roms I can handle!

Anyone else using this emulator?
    I turned the A,W,D,Z keys into the nintendo d-pad and the left and right physical d-pad as A and B buttons.

Hours of entertainment!
    11-17-09 08:09 AM
    lmmfao

+10
    Hey thats my line...................
    But u can use it.......................................
    11-17-09 08:48 AM
    i love having all the apps i want...and half of them i don't even need.
    i also love that i got my yahoo all set up on my droid.
    i love the threaded sms and i just love it as of now.
    11-17-09 08:54 AM
    i love having all the apps i want...and half of them i don't even need.
    i also love that i got my yahoo all set up on my droid.
    i love the threaded sms and i just love it as of now.
    I knew you were a smart girl.

It just takes a little time with the Droid, for some.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 11:08 AM
    Speed....Speed......Speed i have downloaded music, pictures and a few programs on here and the phone still works as if i had just taken it out of the box.

It seemed like my curve slowed to a crawl once i addded music and other multimedia files. I thought that the latest updated (verizon) would fix it but it actually made everything slower and it got to the point where i couldnt even use the phone.

So I mulled over the decision of getting the droid for two weeks. I finally got it last Friday and its the best money i ever spent on any phone.
    11-17-09 02:46 PM

We'll make misschris Sgt @ arms...........
    She don't play baby.........
    11-17-09 02:54 PM
    I don't know if anyone has tried this. But to really appreciate the speed of the Droid. Where ever u are just hit the home key and see how fast this thing reacts.
    Pull up the menu dock screen hit home. Or anything watch and see amazing.
    11-17-09 02:56 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD