Hello this will be a small little rant about what I like while using Android, over Apple.

The main thing I like while using Google's android OS as my main driver is how free everything is. An example is iCloud versus similar cloud based offerings from Google. I cloud you have to pay for and google which offers the same services and can be synced across the same devices is free. Now when we get into hardware and phone pricing well, ill pay for apple over google,but as far as services go I would choose Google. And that's the end of my rant lol.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G
    03-31-12 02:42 PM
    I like being able to edit all of my documents in my dropbox account. I can only view them from my iPod Touch.
    I can also download apps to my Android's memory. The dropbox app for the iPhone does not allow those features. I do not have an iCloud account, but I'd like to know if you can download documents from your iCloud account to your device memory? Still debating at times if I should stick with Android, or give Apple a try.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    03-31-12 06:20 PM
    I didn't know they charge for iCloud bit doesn't surprise me.
    03-31-12 06:43 PM
    I didn't know they charge for iCloud bit doesn't surprise me.
    I believe you get 5gb for free but after that, yea you pay.
    03-31-12 06:47 PM
    I believe you get 5gb for free but after that, yea you pay.
    Well that's cool then.
    03-31-12 06:50 PM
    Box is trying to get into icloud space, by offering a competing solution. It already included 50gb of free storage; and now is trying to offer an integrated package, called Box One

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    04-01-12 07:53 PM
    What I don't like about either is that they are both tracking me. I hate that feeling of big brother watching and it feels really Orwellian.
    04-02-12 11:48 AM
    What I don't like about either is that they are both tracking me. I hate that feeling of big brother watching and it feels really Orwellian.
    One, get off the internet. Two, don't use a modern browser. One or the other
    04-03-12 12:49 PM
    Box is trying to get into icloud space, by offering a competing solution. It already included 50gb of free storage; and now is trying to offer an integrated package, called Box One

A lot of people are... There were so many cloud storage solutions at CES it was annoying.
    04-03-12 12:54 PM
    My wife has an iPhone and it's cool. But I haven't found it to do anything that my andriod won't to as well. I like Zedge ringtones and Stiftkey X keyboard, and you can't use them on the iphone. The photo editing is more elaborate on mine. I can make my own ringtones off my songs and she can't. The operating systems are very very similar.
    04-03-12 03:08 PM
    My wife has an iPhone and it's cool. But I haven't found it to do anything that my andriod won't to as well. I like Zedge ringtones and Stiftkey X keyboard, and you can't use them on the iphone. The photo editing is more elaborate on mine. I can make my own ringtones off my songs and she can't. The operating systems are very very similar.
    I felt the same way, when I decidedly gave my mom the iPhone I was using. It was fun using it, but I missed Android's advantages over iOS, on the whole. I've been happy, overall, since getting back, via the nexus.
    04-03-12 03:29 PM
    Oh bother.
    lssanjose likes this.
    04-04-12 02:24 PM
    You were being tracked well before this became a popular topic. An if you're not doing anything wrong what's the problem, they're keeping a record of stuff to improve your experience. there isn't an actual person there surfing through your info to know everything they can to come and murder you.
    04-08-12 12:09 PM
    You were being tracked well before this became a popular topic. An if you're not doing anything wrong what's the problem, they're keeping a record of stuff to improve your experience. there isn't an actual person there surfing through your info to know everything they can to come and murder you.
    What if what you're doing is not wrong, but the big brother still uses it against you? What if there is a murder at a McDonald's and you happened to be there and Google/Apple knows you were there, guess who's could be a potential suspect? Just because you were there getting a large fries and a diet coke, doesn't mean you couldn't be a suspect?
    04-08-12 03:57 PM
    What I like about Google over Apple is:

Widgets
    Google Apps Integration
    OTA cloud
    OTA updates
    04-08-12 04:26 PM
    If you already think this way then you should load up on tinfoil because satellites are in the sky. Oh, don't forget about the government either.

Just opt out or don't use their services.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-08-12 at 05:35 PM.
    phonejunky likes this.
    04-08-12 05:32 PM
    For me, it's all about the customization. I can do more with Android, out of the box, than a jailbroken iPhone.
    SOTK likes this.
    04-08-12 08:24 PM
    I'm not sure but I think you're serious

04-08-12 08:25 PM
    I'm not sure but I think you're serious

As serious as a heart attack!
    04-08-12 10:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD