Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By avt123
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,499 Global Posts
    PIN
    33257ED2
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Things I Like About Google over Apple

Hello this will be a small little rant about what I like while using Android, over Apple.

The main thing I like while using Google's android OS as my main driver is how free everything is. An example is iCloud versus similar cloud based offerings from Google. I cloud you have to pay for and google which offers the same services and can be synced across the same devices is free. Now when we get into hardware and phone pricing well, ill pay for apple over google,but as far as services go I would choose Google. And that's the end of my rant lol.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G
    Words of Reason sent from my Nexus
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,581 Global Posts

I like being able to edit all of my documents in my dropbox account. I can only view them from my iPod Touch.
    I can also download apps to my Android's memory. The dropbox app for the iPhone does not allow those features. I do not have an iCloud account, but I'd like to know if you can download documents from your iCloud account to your device memory? Still debating at times if I should stick with Android, or give Apple a try.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Curve 8330 > Bold 9650 - OS 6.0 > HTC Droid Incredible (Rooted) > HTC Thunderbolt (Rooted) > Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    70,550 Global Posts

I didn't know they charge for iCloud bit doesn't surprise me.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kbz1960 View Post
    I didn't know they charge for iCloud bit doesn't surprise me.
    I believe you get 5gb for free but after that, yea you pay.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    70,550 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avt123 View Post
    I believe you get 5gb for free but after that, yea you pay.
    Well that's cool then.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    Posted from my phone or pc or tablet that are no better than anyone else's
    Woopie Doopie we have em fun
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    lssanjose@gmail.com (Google Talk)

Box is trying to get into icloud space, by offering a competing solution. It already included 50gb of free storage; and now is trying to offer an integrated package, called Box One

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    I will never understand these "help me to decide" threads. Grow a pair, or put on your big girl panties (whichever applies), and make the decision that works best for you. - AmazinglyGraceless.
    CrackBerry Addict

What I don't like about either is that they are both tracking me. I hate that feeling of big brother watching and it feels really Orwellian.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl9100 View Post
    What I don't like about either is that they are both tracking me. I hate that feeling of big brother watching and it feels really Orwellian.
    One, get off the internet. Two, don't use a modern browser. One or the other
    I will never understand these "help me to decide" threads. Grow a pair, or put on your big girl panties (whichever applies), and make the decision that works best for you. - AmazinglyGraceless.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,205 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lssanjose View Post
    Box is trying to get into icloud space, by offering a competing solution. It already included 50gb of free storage; and now is trying to offer an integrated package, called Box One

A lot of people are... There were so many cloud storage solutions at CES it was annoying.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,178 Global Posts

My wife has an iPhone and it's cool. But I haven't found it to do anything that my andriod won't to as well. I like Zedge ringtones and Stiftkey X keyboard, and you can't use them on the iphone. The photo editing is more elaborate on mine. I can make my own ringtones off my songs and she can't. The operating systems are very very similar.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus, iPad2 and iMac. Former BB 8100 and 8900 owner.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

Quote Originally Posted by thebignewt View Post
    My wife has an iPhone and it's cool. But I haven't found it to do anything that my andriod won't to as well. I like Zedge ringtones and Stiftkey X keyboard, and you can't use them on the iphone. The photo editing is more elaborate on mine. I can make my own ringtones off my songs and she can't. The operating systems are very very similar.
    I felt the same way, when I decidedly gave my mom the iPhone I was using. It was fun using it, but I missed Android's advantages over iOS, on the whole. I've been happy, overall, since getting back, via the nexus.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,079 Global Posts
    PIN
    What's a pin?

Oh bother.
    Thanked by:
    lssanjose (04-04-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,499 Global Posts
    PIN
    33257ED2
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

You were being tracked well before this became a popular topic. An if you're not doing anything wrong what's the problem, they're keeping a record of stuff to improve your experience. there isn't an actual person there surfing through your info to know everything they can to come and murder you.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,074 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrackberryBrandon View Post
    You were being tracked well before this became a popular topic. An if you're not doing anything wrong what's the problem, they're keeping a record of stuff to improve your experience. there isn't an actual person there surfing through your info to know everything they can to come and murder you.
    What if what you're doing is not wrong, but the big brother still uses it against you? What if there is a murder at a McDonald's and you happened to be there and Google/Apple knows you were there, guess who's could be a potential suspect? Just because you were there getting a large fries and a diet coke, doesn't mean you couldn't be a suspect?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    17,543 Global Posts

What I like about Google over Apple is:

Widgets
    Google Apps Integration
    OTA cloud
    OTA updates
    O.G.

Global Posts
    12,347 Global Posts

If you already think this way then you should load up on tinfoil because satellites are in the sky. Oh, don't forget about the government either.

Just opt out or don't use their services.
    Last edited by avt123; 04-08-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    phonejunky likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,832 Global Posts
    PIN
    Light Saber

For me, it's all about the customization. I can do more with Android, out of the box, than a jailbroken iPhone.
    Thanked by:
    SOTK (04-11-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,499 Global Posts
    PIN
    33257ED2
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

I'm not sure but I think you're serious

Banned