Ive had my Droid since launch and moved from a Tour. I do miss the Tour with the exception of the browser. My one issue with the Droid is the calendar reminder. I absolutely need a reminder that pops up similar to the BlackBerry. The fact that the reminder can go off an then if I dont remember to look in the notification tray, I dont see it. I use the calendar for reminders every day. Its the most important feature of a smartphone for me and this is the one issue with Android that is driving me to look at other platforms.

Is there any app out there that works like the BlackBerry calendar and pops up reminders on screen?
    03-14-10 08:35 PM
    I don't have a G1 and I have the calendar as a widget on my front screen.

Maybe the Droid can do something similar.
    03-15-10 03:03 AM
    Ive had my Droid since launch and moved from a Tour. I do miss the Tour with the exception of the browser. My one issue with the Droid is the calendar reminder. I absolutely need a reminder that pops up similar to the BlackBerry. The fact that the reminder can go off an then if I dont remember to look in the notification tray, I dont see it. I use the calendar for reminders every day. Its the most important feature of a smartphone for me and this is the one issue with Android that is driving me to look at other platforms.

Is there any app out there that works like the BlackBerry calendar and pops up reminders on screen?
    Try ColorNote. It gives you reminders and you can make them different colors. You can also put widgets for each reminder on your home screen that look just like the yellow sticky notes. Great App.
    03-15-10 08:05 AM
    This may be what you're looking for: Calendar Reminders - Android Forums
    03-15-10 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD