how do you guys do it? i downloaded swiftkey too. dont like swipe. texting on the iphone is much much easier.

i make so many errors and it doesnt feel as smooth as the iphone responsiveness
    08-27-12 10:32 AM
    how do you guys do it? i downloaded swiftkey too. dont like swipe. texting on the iphone is much much easier.

i make so many errors and it doesnt feel as smooth as the iphone responsiveness
    I personally use the ICS keyboard. I downloaded it from the market and it actually works really well. The built-in is ok but you will need to adjust the predictive text settings. The default ones are pretty bad and predict the wrong words, especially after entering only 2 letter. I even use my phone for writing emails and I have no complaints.
    08-27-12 10:48 AM
    where do i get the ics keyboard
    08-27-12 12:02 PM
    Search for ICS Keyboard in the Play Store on your phone. The one below is what I've been using without any complaints.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...od.latin&hl=en
    08-27-12 12:39 PM
    Why not use SwiftKey 3? It's the best rated one. You don't have to use it as swipe it doesn't even default as swipe
    08-27-12 12:42 PM
    Why not use SwiftKey 3? It's the best rated one. You don't have to use it as swipe it doesn't even default as swipe
    i tried using swift key. it was horrible
    08-27-12 01:09 PM
    Long time physical keyboard user with BB (9000, 9800, 9810) but Swiftkey3 on my S3 is faster and just as accurate as any of my prior BB's. You might want to give it a few days to get used to it.
    08-27-12 01:39 PM
    Long time physical keyboard user with BB (9000, 9800, 9810) but Swiftkey3 on my S3 is faster and just as accurate as any of my prior BB's. You might want to give it a few days to get used to it.
    how does swiftkey work
    08-27-12 02:02 PM
    how does swiftkey work
    Your original post says that you tried Swiftkey.
    If you have, then give it a little more time to learn your typing patterns. If you have not, then download Swiftkey3 from the Playstore. The predictive text of this keyboard is truly amazing. It can learn from previous SMS (in options), and it learns as you continue to use it. There are times that I barely have to type half of a sentence as it knows what I am going to say. You can also change the look of the keyboard and the size of the keyboard in options.
    As mentioned, it took me 4-5 days to really get used to it. My biggest concern about getting the S3 was the lack of the physical keyboard. I now do not miss it at all and , in fact, prefer using Swiftkey on the S3 than even the great keyboard of the old Bold 9000!
    08-27-12 02:44 PM
    where do i get the ics keyboard
    I already linked it for you in the note. Just click "Ics Keyboard" for the link on Play store
    08-27-12 02:50 PM
    i tried using swift key. it was horrible
    Try SwiftKey 3. One month free trial, and actually TRY it, not for like 5 minutes. Get into the layout settings and adjust it to your tastes. There's nothing better out there.
    08-27-12 03:34 PM
    Long time blackberry user now on a GS3......
    I've tried almost every keypad out there and swiftkey 3 is, hands down, the best out there.....for me.
    08-30-12 10:36 AM
    I have no issues typing on a G3. I use Swype, swift3, and stock.

Predictive off. Typing isn't as quick as on my 9900, but it's slowly getting there.
    08-30-12 11:53 AM
    I've never cared for the stock Samsung keyboard. My preferences are the stock HTC keyboard, Swiftkey 3, and JB keyboard, in that order. Getting used to typing on the SGS3 isn't NEAR as bad as I thought it would be. I was worried about how my tiny girly hands would navigate such a large screen, but it hasn't been a problem at all.
    08-30-12 01:21 PM
    My three favorite are thumb keyboard, swype, and then SwiftKey 3. I haven't met an iphone user yet who didn't like SwiftKey 3 more than the iphone keyboard.

After using swype for a bit and getting used to it, it's crazy fast.
    08-31-12 10:59 AM
    Not only is Swiftkey3 great, but Swype is also amazing!
    I cannot decide which one I like better, but I am now using Swype and it is fantastic (but there is definitely a "learning curve").
    Swype is available here and it's free, as it is in beta but it works just fine (it's much different than the stock keyboard on the S3):
    Swype | Text Input for Screens
    08-31-12 04:24 PM
    Typing for me is much better than on the iphone (and yes I've tried it). I use Swift Key 3, hands down the best Andorid keyboard out there. With it I'm just as fast as on a physical keyboard, if not faster. I use predictive on and I hardly have to type full words any more. Touch Pal/Swype is very fast but does take some getting used to - some peeople absoutely love it.

I like Swype but prefer and use Swift Key 3. You have to take the time to let Swift Key 3 learn how you type, use the settings to personlise and train it.
    09-25-12 03:06 PM
    SGSIII + SwiftKey 3 has been the best typing experience for me so far (including my past BB's).
    09-25-12 08:27 PM
    SGSIII + SwiftKey 3 has been the best typing experience for me so far (including my past BB's).
    Agreed. It's taken me a bit to break myself free of the stock HTC keyboard that I've pretty much primarily used since switching to Android, but now that I've been on the SGS3 + SwiftKey 3 combo for awhile I really like it. The SGS3's form factor is really easy to type on, and SwiftKey 3 is very intuitive.
    09-26-12 11:01 AM
    Had a co-worker just pick up the GS3 today and so I helped him get it set up and showed him basically how to work it (he was coming from an old BB World Edition) and even I will say.. The predictive text IS horrible on it. But as soon as I turned it off in the Settings he didn't find it too bad, although there was going to be some adjustment time for him going to a touchscreen for the first time.
    09-26-12 10:17 PM
    I use Swype for shorter, one-handed entries, and had used ICS Keyboard for longer stuff, but decided to try Swiftkey. I was VERY impressed.

Another option for those who like to write with finger or use styli is Writepad.
    09-26-12 10:35 PM
    I'm try these I'm tired of folks going wtf. Lol
    09-27-12 10:47 PM
    I personally HATE typing on my galaxy S2 compared with typing on my iPhone 4S.. I think I'll try the ICS keyboard posted earlier.. I hate the predictive text on the samsung..
    09-30-12 12:48 AM
    I'm try these I'm tired of folks going wtf. Lol
    say that in English please?
    lovin2act likes this.
    09-30-12 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD