I got my droid (htc and moto) I downloaded the pdanet app works great might I add. Does anyone know if I will be charged per mb (the way you are charged if you brows the web w/o the unltd data plan).

I have the unlt'd data plan and cant imagine being verizon tracking it unless I am downloading movies, which I am not.

Is anyone else out there using thier droid to tether? Do you get charged extra?
    02-21-10 08:03 PM
    I do but also like you said don't use it to download movies, etc. There wont be charges unless they notice you used like 40gigs of bandwidth a month, you know something out of the ordinary.
    02-21-10 09:02 PM
    oooo really, i was hesitant on doin that thanks for the info
    02-28-10 03:11 PM
    You should not get any charges at all if yer on unlimted. I download close to 20 gigs a month and never received a charge. And u shouldn't either. My friend at verizon said if u do super excessive downloading/data verizon may contact u to make sure someone didn't duplicate your phone but they still can't charge u.
    02-28-10 04:04 PM
    You should not get any charges at all if yer on unlimted. I download close to 20 gigs a month and never received a charge. And u shouldn't either. My friend at verizon said if u do super excessive downloading/data verizon may contact u to make sure someone didn't duplicate your phone but they still can't charge u.
    They can charge you and they charge you for all data used on the billing period you got caught. It's up to you to prove that you didn't tether or pay thousands in data charges. I'm surprised your account hasn't been flagged yet, it happened to one of our business lines and they were only using 9-10 gigs a month.
    03-01-10 09:23 AM
    It used to be they wouldn't charge you for it but they'd limit the MB you could download after they caught it. And they'd "suggest" that you pay their tethering fee from then on. I'd just make sure you don't alert their attention by using gobs of additional data all of a sudden.
    03-01-10 02:03 PM
    I use PDAnet too and love it, but I dont use It all the time. I think that if you use it sparingly, you should be ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 10:35 PM
    I use PDAnet too and love it, but I dont use It all the time. I think that if you use it sparingly, you should be ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ok, so what's the difference betweenPDANET and the Wi-fi Tethering App? I'm currently using Wi-fi Tethering.
    03-15-10 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD