As some of you know I've been working with HTC on some of the issues we've seen with the CDMA Hero.

If you're running any type of Task Manager/Killer it is highly recommended that you delete the program and allow Hero to manage the memory as its designed to do.

After almost a week sans Task Manager/Killer here is what we've found so far.

• The applications that automatically open themselves, no longer do so.
    • My internal memory has increased from 83mb to a solid 105mb. With a Task Manager/Killer my memory would drop to below 40 on occasion.
    • All lags are gone, phone is faster than ever.
    • The weather disappearing from the clock/weather widget has stopped happening.
    • The alarm now works without fail.

Once you delete the program, reboot your phone. If you want to do a comparison of your own, look at your internal memory before and after removal, watch it for a few days. Unless you have a ton of 3rd party applications installed you should see an increase in your available memory.
    11-01-09 10:49 AM
    Thanks for the tip. This might be for all android phones.
    11-01-09 12:05 PM
    I posted this a couple times last week. There is no need for a Task Killer. My phone runs flawlessly now, and my experience with the phone is tons better! Glad they did some official testing to determine this, but the xda geeks figured this out a while ago. Android manages memory just fine.
    11-01-09 12:18 PM
    Thanks guys. Should get a stickied "Tips & Tricks" thread going in Android for those who might still be around CB but may have purchased an Android device!
    11-01-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD