What's the real deal on them? Some say do some say do not use them. I had Taskkiller and uninstalled it as some were saying that it messed the OS up. I am confused as I would love to kill a lot of the behind the scene apps that seem to run after getting shut down. Like corporate email. I don;t use it but keeps running in background! I got the power widget on my screen and only keep phone on and Gmail for refreshing and my battery life is ok but wondering if it will get better without the background apps.
    So, use Task or Advanced Task Killer or not?
    11-22-09 09:44 AM
    Never mind! Just searched the forum, imagine that right? and it looks like most say no as the OS is smarter than the BB OS. I am afraid that Blackberry phones have ruined me for life! I now have a lot of baggage to get rid of!
    11-22-09 10:03 AM
    Yea I took it off after a few people told me its pointless but I must say I do not like the way android handles apps. For example if I use hi aim and sign out, the stupid icon on my notification bar stays and I can't get it off because it never closes it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 10:20 AM
    Task killing apps are not needed at all. Android can handle its memory allocation just fine. I used one for a couple days, and then removed it, and my Droid runs just fine. Don't waste your time with them. Let Android be Android.

11-22-09 11:10 AM
    Blackberry has made smartphone users puppets to memory. I find it funny as I came from a storm so every had tin foil hats about memory.

11-22-09 12:12 PM
    So whats the purpose of developing them if they arent needed?
    11-22-09 12:28 PM
    Never mind! Just searched the forum, imagine that right? and it looks like most say no as the OS is smarter than the BB OS. I am afraid that Blackberry phones have ruined me for life! I now have a lot of baggage to get rid of!
    I know. BB had me so worried memory. Meterberry was my best friend. I installed Task Killer but after reading I didn't need it I got rid of it. I feel free not having to worry about memory so often lol
    11-22-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD