Grrrr!!!!! Now I really don't know what to do. I was dead set on the X, but the locked bootloader put me off. Then I was set on the Fascinate for sheer hackability, but now that Johnly had so many problems, I'm back at Square 1 trying to decide what to do. I think I'll just hang on to my D1 until 2011 and see what pops up on the radar screen.

Thanks for the info, Johnly.
    10-15-10 10:04 AM
    Grrrr!!!!! Now I really don't know what to do. I was dead set on the X, but the locked bootloader put me off. Then I was set on the Fascinate for sheer hackability, but now that Johnly had so many problems, I'm back at Square 1 trying to decide what to do. I think I'll just hang on to my D1 until 2011 and see what pops up on the radar screen.

10-15-10 10:06 AM

U might as well wait a few more months
    10-15-10 10:11 AM
    i would wait for that evo style device if i was you Mr. Orange
    10-15-10 10:27 AM

Sure man. It seems that others are having good luck with the phone, so it may just be a bad batch? It was awful. I am not talking an occasional crashed web-page, it was having to refresh pages almost half the time just to get them to load, and it was being very slow at times. The X being locked does suck. I haven't had the connectivity issues anymore, but I think the SGS is going to get some sick stuff soon.

I gave my girlfriend my rooted droid running BB.....she has free wifi, her google services/data are always on....sometimes I wish I had just waited a little. The D1 on froyo OC'd a little is a top shelf phone.

Trendy and Retro are giving good advice....2-3 more months and your choices will expand

Since I have the X on a one year, I can early upgrade in several months, so I am OK. I may even use that HDMI out this Christmas for some instant playback for the lack of nothing better to do with it....
    10-15-10 10:40 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD