may I start by telling you this phone has connection issues......gps.....web....calling.....yes sir it is pretty and thin with a 540 gpu.....my 500 mhz droid performed better every day. sorry sgs fans, this phone meets none of my needs.....quite frankly it sucks besides the iphone factor.......I hate it. connection issues are rapids on huh? will it? I proclaim my hatred for this invariant of a challenger......I am xed.....just needed a good connection, and korea fails........
    10-13-10 02:50 AM
    Sorry to see you go, Johnly. Did you try exchanging it? I have none of the connection issues you mentioned. Even my GPS locks on within a minute of activating it, and I know that seems to be everyone's largest issue.
    10-13-10 06:15 AM
    Say it ain't say Johnly......I have no issues as you mentioned maybe a bad modem.bin file?

My GPS is quick and accurate just checked even inside my house.
    10-13-10 07:15 AM
    may I start by telling you this phone has connection issues......gps.....web....calling.....yes sir it is pretty and thin with a 540 gpu.....my 500 mhz droid performed better every day. sorry sgs fans, this phone meets none of my needs.....quite frankly it sucks besides the iphone factor.......I hate it. connection issues are rapids on huh? will it? I proclaim my hatred for this invariant of a challenger......I am xed.....just needed a good connection, and korea fails........
    Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. For the most part mine is ok.
    10-13-10 08:32 AM
    I will exchange it.....if you all haven't experienced that, then maybe it is my phone....almost threw it several stories down....
    10-13-10 09:22 AM
    Omg! I hate to read this...hope my does ok.
    10-13-10 10:50 AM
    That sucks. Try a replacement phone first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 10:55 AM

definatly do this first... ive played with 5 or 6 of them and none of them had any of the issues you mentioned. I'm thinking you just have a bad unit.
    10-13-10 11:04 AM
    I will exchange it.....if you all haven't experienced that, then maybe it is my phone....almost threw it several stories down....
    Tried your serenity huh...............
    I have had a few glitches but nothing quite like u have experienced.
    10-13-10 11:04 AM
    mines is fine over here.. but do be honest current android verizon phones have there flaws.. if i was to even sell my fascinate, i would pick the incredible.. would not go down moto road again! hope it works out johnly!
    10-13-10 11:27 AM
    mines is fine over here.. but do be honest current android verizon phones have there flaws.. if i was to even sell my fascinate, i would pick the incredible.. would not go down moto road again! hope it works out johnly!
    Why not Moto, because it's locked?
    10-13-10 12:22 PM
    I may get smacked by Trendy and Spot but I will agree with you. My Samsung was all over the map towards the end of the time I had with it. Just out of curisoity, my buddy bought a Samsung just last week and his phone while gorgeous, has connections issues as described above. In other words, it acted no different then the one I had. I lvie in Southern Cal where coverage is not a problem.
    10-13-10 02:45 PM
    I may get smacked by Trendy and Spot but I will agree with you. My Samsung was all over the map towards the end of the time I had with it. Just out of curisoity, my buddy bought a Samsung just last week and his phone while gorgeous, has connections issues as described above. In other words, it acted no different then the one I had. I lvie in Southern Cal where coverage is not a problem.
    I won't smack you around. U gave it the ole college try. I'm in So. Cal as well. But I have no real connection issues. The only place it sucks is my bldg. But so did my X. But everyone has issues in my building......
    10-13-10 03:44 PM
    I will exchange it.... my phone.... threw it several stories down....
    You'll need a new one if that happened...
    10-13-10 03:57 PM
    I won't smack you around.
    And neither would I, I just took umbrage with your first half dozen, or so, posts about the Fascinate, because you were talking out your a$$. You didn't own it, and didn't know what you were talking about, but now that you've had experience with it, I'm fine with you airing your views.
    10-13-10 04:02 PM
    And neither would I, I just took umbrage with your first half dozen, or so, posts about the Fascinate, because you were talking out your a$$. You didn't own it, and didn't know what you were talking about, but now that you've had experience with it, I'm fine with you airing your views.
    Sometimes you don't have to own something to get a feel for what something is all about. You are correct, I didn't own it at first but I sure as heck gave it the old college try every chance I could. I live really close to a Verizon Store and on my breaks, I would go play with one. I finally bought one to use 24/7 as my everyday driver. You know my final thoughts so I won't repeat it.
    10-13-10 05:13 PM
    Sorry to see you go, Johnly. Did you try exchanging it? I have none of the connection issues you mentioned. Even my GPS locks on within a minute of activating it, and I know that seems to be everyone's largest issue.
    I will still be around Mark! I am glad you have a solid unit. My GPS was fine, then started it's 15 minute lockdown shinannigans again. My girlfriends droid 1 is instant.
    Say it ain't say Johnly......I have no issues as you mentioned maybe a bad modem.bin file?
    just checked even inside my house.
    You are probably right. The experiance of that wreked it for me though. I was doing some important late work for school....then the SGS goes wonky (I can't ever afford that)
    My GPS is quick and accurate
    Omg! I hate to read this...hope my does ok.
    You should be fine, everyone else here seems to be....credible folks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Had too X, felt like the SGS gave me a shiner....lost love for it.....
    definatly do this first... ive played with 5 or 6 of them and none of them had any of the issues you mentioned. I'm thinking you just have a bad unit.
    You are right. I think having a prius brake failure would make me honda though.
    Tried your serenity huh...............
    I have had a few glitches but nothing quite like u have experienced.
    I did have a few glitches but they were monor. Just had to refresg a page or whatever....I could deal with that. Catastrophic connection errors and my serenity gets tested (failed that time)
    They all do have their flaws Retro, all of them. I just don't need major ones.
    The most beautiful phone VZW has. I hear the connection issues are a small lot, and I am sure as time goes by that will be addressed 100% percent. Being a student, I need my hotspot to never fail, or data on my phone. In all fairnes, the sgs was always call ready though.
    You'll need a new one if that happened...
    Almost, he he....

Don't know about you all, but the weather is nice, I think I am going to try and go enjoy some.....
    10-14-10 02:29 PM
    Johnly, what did you end up getting?
    10-14-10 03:56 PM
    Johnly, what did you end up getting?
    Big beautiful droid X
    10-14-10 04:48 PM
    Big beautiful droid X
    Definitely BIG...not sure about the second...lol...fascinate is more beautiful
    10-14-10 04:53 PM
    Definitely BIG...not sure about the second...lol...fascinate is more beautiful
    Ha ha.......so funny! True too
    10-14-10 05:21 PM
    mine has never had any issues, especially none of the GPS issues everyone claims to have.
    10-14-10 11:39 PM
    mine has never had any issues, especially none of the GPS issues everyone claims to have.
    great....mine sucked...the X seems faster anyway...must be a ram thing.....
    10-14-10 11:52 PM
    great....mine sucked...the X seems faster anyway...must be a ram thing.....
    my guess, it's a TouchWiz thing! samsung and their skins have always been problematic. boo on them for that.
    10-15-10 12:00 AM
    my guess, it's a TouchWiz thing! samsung and their skins have always been problematic. boo on them for that.
    Touch wiz was a shining spot imo. Love the enclave. I don't speak for any one but me, but my sgs1 days are over. Sorry, 2.1? Slow web, half the ram is always dedicated to video! Great phone, I just need all my ram all the time....the X is so much faster for me...and I haven't had a single data issue....going to pass for now.....owned one for 28 days....not my thing....glad your at&t sgs is prefect and bugless
    10-15-10 12:11 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD