I wanted to get playbook 4G but then her birthday is less than 2 weeks.

The current ones I am looking ones are Asus EEpad and Galaxy Tab 10 inch.

Which one would you prefer?

Update: I have a PB

Thanks!
    Last edited by slingxshot; 07-14-11 at 07:09 PM.
    07-14-11 06:40 PM
    Why don't you get her an iPad?
    07-14-11 06:46 PM
    Why don't you get her an iPad?
    She watches a lot of flash movies and also does wmv streaming, I don't know about wmv streaming on android but at least does flash.
    07-14-11 06:51 PM

I'd go with one you have experience with
    07-14-11 06:55 PM
    Much as im pulling for our little guy, PB, for the money the purchase cannot be justified. For the average Jane its the IPAD. if you cant bring yourself to do that, get the Galaxy 10.1. i have it and love it. Great screen, browser, speakers. Its ecosystem is no itunes, but there are plenty of apps, and google earth, sky, map and body are great.
    07-14-11 06:57 PM
    Much as im pulling for our little guy, PB, for the money the purchase cannot be justified. For the average Jane its the IPAD. if you cant bring yourself to do that, get the Galaxy 10.1. i have it and love it. Great screen, browser, speakers. Its ecosystem is no itunes, but there are plenty of apps, and google earth, sky, map and body are great.
    did you not read where he said she watches FLASH?
    07-14-11 06:59 PM
    Well the reason I didn't ask if PB and "other" because I already own one.
    07-14-11 07:09 PM
    Get her a Curve and PB. Don't you love her?
    07-14-11 07:11 PM
    If you're not going to be helpful, don't post. He's asking for an opinion on two tablets, neither are the iPad or the PlayBook so stop suggesting those.
    07-14-11 07:14 PM
    did you not read where he said she watches FLASH?
    The Galaxy tab renders flash just fine. Educate yourself before attacking.
    07-14-11 07:22 PM
    I know you, the moderator, just shut down the iPad option but if I can correct a few things because I really think the iPad is the best choice. Their are a few fantastic remote login options now for the iPad that will do hd streaming both audio and video. So, if you put the software on a pc or mac you can stream flash all day long. There is also is netflix, hulu + is awesome, and Time Warner cable, HBO go, dish network streaming, etc.. The next best would be the Galaxy but don't forget the Android Market has less then 400 tablet optimized apps compared to Apple's 100,000 + tablet apps.

The quality between the software at this point is far superior with Apple but Android is slowly catching up and has some nice features. I know my wife can't stand my Playbook and only uses her iPad. If she wants to get the most functionality out of a tablet then the iPad 2 is far superior. If flash is the only concern then I guess the Galaxy is the next best thing. This is just my personal experience.
    Last edited by lavrishevo; 07-14-11 at 07:31 PM.
    07-14-11 07:26 PM
    If you're not going to be helpful, don't post. He's asking for an opinion on two tablets, neither are the iPad or the PlayBook so stop suggesting those.
    I'm thinking long term not 9 1/2 weeks.
    07-14-11 07:26 PM
    The current ones I am looking ones are Asus EEpad and Galaxy Tab 10 inch.

Which one would you prefer?

Update: I have a PB
    I'm thinking long term not 9 1/2 weeks.
    What you are thinking and what the OP is asking are two different things.
    07-14-11 07:48 PM
    I know you, the moderator, just shut down the iPad option but if I can correct a few things because I really think the iPad is the best choice. Their are a few fantastic remote login options now for the iPad that will do hd streaming both audio and video. So, if you put the software on a pc or mac you can stream flash all day long. There is also is netflix, hulu + is awesome, and Time Warner cable, HBO go, dish network streaming, etc.. The next best would be the Galaxy but don't forget the Android Market has less then 400 tablet optimized apps compared to Apple's 100,000 + tablet apps.

The quality between the software at this point is far superior with Apple but Android is slowly catching up and has some nice features. I know my wife can't stand my Playbook and only uses her iPad. If she wants to get the most functionality out of a tablet then the iPad 2 is far superior. If flash is the only concern then I guess the Galaxy is the next best thing. This is just my personal experience.
    My wife is not going to browse the app store and look for apps, she doesn't do that. She wants everything ready as you would with a PC. Everything she needs will have to be working in the web browser.

I bought her an iPod Touch 2 years ago, it has been dusting ever since. I bought her a thumb drive mp3 player with microsd slot for expandable storage, she uses that everyday.
    Last edited by slingxshot; 07-14-11 at 08:12 PM.
    07-14-11 08:10 PM
    Get her a laptop. Sorry Michelle but if she wants everything ready no tab is everything ready as a real pc.
    07-14-11 08:36 PM
    Depends, is she going to use it mobile. (on the go) if so, Playbook would be my choice. Otherwise take her out shoping and let her decide.
    07-14-11 09:36 PM
    My wife is not going to browse the app store and look for apps, she doesn't do that. She wants everything ready as you would with a PC. Everything she needs will have to be working in the web browser.

I bought her an iPod Touch 2 years ago, it has been dusting ever since. I bought her a thumb drive mp3 player with microsd slot for expandable storage, she uses that everyday.
    Check these two links out:

Asus Eee Pad Transformer Vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs Asus Eee Pad Transformer (video) | TechnoBuffalo
    07-14-11 09:40 PM
    i say transformer. I really like mine and probably wouldnt trade it for any other android tab right now. Its priced very nicely at under 399 at many places. Performance is going to be about the same between them. I do think the samsung will have a slightly better display since samsung makes the best displays around
    Last edited by howarmat; 07-14-11 at 09:51 PM.
    07-14-11 09:49 PM
    I have the Samsung 10.1, and love it. I really like the form factor. It's very lightweight and thin.
    It feels good while holding because it's not heavy by any means.
    I had the Acer Iconia, but returned it. It would become heavy after holding it for extended periods of time.
    I think the Acer and Asus are similar in weight, so the Samsung is my preferred choice.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    07-16-11 11:13 AM
    I'm loving my Acer Iconia A500 tab. I picked it up at Target for $400. Priced $100 les than the Samsung Galaxy tab its a good deal. I've hrd good things about the Transformer too.

If you're looking to tether to your Blackberry, it can not be done at this time as far as I'm aware.
    Amazon is my source for user reviews.
    07-20-11 02:18 PM
    I think you need to let us know more of what she wants before we can give an opinion. For example, does she need a data connection? (and doesn't have a phone with a hotspot feature).
    Just as far as between those two tablets, I'd definitely choose the transformer, if for nothing else the miicrosd slot and how awful Samsung is about providing updates. That being said, I personally would check out the dev community for each before I made a personal choice. If one had a far superior dev community, I'd go with that one.
    07-28-11 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD