Well I've read a few preliminary reviews on the LG G2X (known internationally as the LG Optimus) that it is currently the best Android device. The reviews are good for this one.

Apparently this is the fastest Android handset the reviewers have ever tested to date. It is packing the same Tegra 2 dual core processor as the Motorola Atrix, but here is the kicker, the Atrix is stuffed with Moto Blur and the G2X runs vanilla Android. I'd say it was a very smart move by T Mobile and LG.
    04-20-11 11:00 AM
    Reviews are definitely outstanding:

T-Mobile LG G2x Review - Android Phone Reviews by MobileTechReview

T-Mobile G2x Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Even got CNET's Editor's Choice. I'll definitely be picking one up after work today.
    04-20-11 11:27 AM
    ^^ And in a few weeks you'll be getting the SGS2? lol

If the SGS2 is shipping with Sammys processor in the US, I would wait to have both out to play with.
    04-20-11 11:55 AM
    LOL! I may . But...after the shock & awe of the SGS2 wore off, I remembered all the issues I had w/ my Vibrant. With a nice phone in my possession already, I can take a more objective look @ the SGS2.
    04-20-11 12:48 PM
    It's unanimous, everyone that has reviewed this device has give it a thumbs up. It's amazing that LG came out of virtually nowhere to make a device with such impressive specs.
    04-20-11 01:04 PM
    This is a really nice looking phone. If I were getting an android phone it would definitely be this one.
    04-20-11 01:09 PM
    I think the Sensation/Pyramid is a MUCH better lookin' phone. The only way this wins is in the stock Google OS and 8mp camera. Personally I'd much rather have the nicer screen and awesome Sense 3.0.
    04-20-11 01:24 PM
    I think the Sensation/Pyramid is a MUCH better lookin' phone. The only way this wins is in the stock Google OS and 8mp camera. Personally I'd much rather have the nicer screen and awesome Sense 3.0.
    Will you be able to deal with bad battery life, or do you think HTC fixed that problem with the Sensation?
    04-20-11 02:12 PM
    Will you be able to deal with bad battery life, or do you think HTC fixed that problem with the Sensation?
    Well, I'm not going to do either. I'm BB all the way in every way, but I guess I just always assume you Android folk plan on rooting everything you get, which supposedly solves the issue of battery life. So... moot, no?
    04-20-11 02:34 PM
    Well, I'm not going to do either. I'm BB all the way in every way, but I guess I just always assume you Android folk plan on rooting everything you get, which supposedly solves the issue of battery life. So... moot, no?
    It's not moot until 100% of Android users root and install custom ROM/kernel. Until then, stock expectations should be there. The average consumer doesn't know what "root" is.

For people like us it might not be a problem, but in the grand scheme of things, we really don't matter. We are maybe 10% of the Android community. With 350k Android devices activated a day, that % is probably even smaller.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-20-11 02:37 PM
    Probably even way lower than 10%. On top of that, out of everyone who roots, I bet not everyone installs a custom kernel/rom. On top of that, there are bunch of roms/kernels, not all of them are going to improve the battery life, or won't improve it very much.
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    04-20-11 02:43 PM
    It's not moot until 100% of Android users root and install custom ROM/kernel. Until then, stock expectations should be there. The average consumer doesn't know what "root" is.

For people like us it might not be a problem, but in the grand scheme of things, we really don't matter. We are maybe 10% of the Android community. With 350k Android devices activated a day, that % is probably even smaller.
    I'm not talking about average Android users, I'm talking about you guys here. Still, you're right, can't assume anything.
    04-20-11 02:45 PM
    I love that tmobile is keeping the G series stock and their approach to the root/ROMing community. It sucks that soon they will be AT&T and things will probably change.

FCC better block that deal.
    04-20-11 02:55 PM
    I'm not talking about average Android users, I'm talking about you guys here. Still, you're right, can't assume anything.
    Just us, yes. But honestly, even though Samsung device are sketchy, I'd rather have the SGS2 with their dual core processor. I do not like Snapdragon processors. So far they have been the most battery draining compared to similar TI and Samsung alternatives all while being less powerful.

I'd take this LG over the Sensation.
    04-20-11 02:56 PM
    Just us, yes. But honestly, even though Samsung device are sketchy, I'd rather have the SGS2 with their dual core processor. I do not like Snapdragon processors. So far they have been the most battery draining compared to similar TI and Samsung alternatives all while being less powerful.

I'd take this LG over the Sensation.
    As my l'il brother would say... "True that", or, "Word up, dog!" Then insert some inevitably inane stance including peace signs, crossed arms, and overly pouted-lips.
    04-20-11 03:26 PM
    Block the deal so that T-Mobile can die a slow and painful death on their own? How will that keep the vanilla T-Mobile phones coming?
    04-20-11 05:01 PM
    This phone looks amazing! If I were still on tmobile I would get it. I'm trying to get my friend to upgrade from his g1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 06:11 PM
    Too bad I signed a contract less than a year ago or else, this would have been the phone for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD