I tried searching but nothing came up so sorry in advance if this has been answered. I have never synced a phone with a computer before (lol I know, I know) and I am a little confused. When I plug in my Evo 4 options come up charge only, HTC sync, disk drive and USB tethering. I basically want to know what the disk drive option does. I am also having an issue with the HTC sync it says the drive is not recongnized or something when you do it via usb cord and a thing comes up with the htc webside to manually download the software but when I try to do that it disappears and never downloads, has anybody else had the issue or knows how to resolve it? Thank you in advance
    12-02-10 06:42 PM
    Selecting disk drive is essentially turning your device into a USB drive where you can manually drag and drop files.

HTC Sync gives you a pretty window to load third party applications onto your phone (this can be done without). It allows you to sync contact and calendar info from your computer to your phone. It also allows you to move files like pictures, videos and music but its all wrapped up in a nice interface.

HTC sync is useless in my opinion.

What internet browser are you using? I have zero issues DL using Chromium.
    12-02-10 10:06 PM
    Thanks, I am using just the regular internet browser but maybe I will try to dl using one of my others browsers
    12-03-10 06:08 AM
    Thanks, I am using just the regular internet browser but maybe I will try to dl using one of my others browsers
    You are downloading it on your computer browser and not the phone browser correct?
    12-03-10 06:10 AM
    Yes on the computer
    12-03-10 08:22 AM
    what web browser are you using? Internet Explorer 7 or 8? Chrome? Safari? Opera? Firefox? You might have the file downloaded already sitting in a folder and dont realize it yet.
    12-03-10 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD