Ok mac users. I want to know how successful the android phones are in regards to syncing with mac. The contacts, calendar, back up and everything. I currently have a bold, and want a touch screen phone. (The storm bb's seem really slow to me. Processing wise). Currently the only successful mac syncing phones are the iphone and bb, is android a third option?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 09:43 AM
    That's a good question. I'm on BB/Mac now and want to make the switch to Android.

If you can sync your calendar, contacts, etc. to Goggle, then you're good with them (you'll need OS 10.5 or higher for it to actually work).

As far as mp3's, photos, videos, etc., I believe you need third-party software (correct me if I'm wrong).

So, Mac users, let us know what one needs to get Android up and running!
    07-10-10 11:51 AM
    As far as I know, and what I've actually done, I've just sync'd with google and then it's right on your droid. As far as photos, etc. You could make a picasa acct and they will auomatically sync with your device (if you choose to do so). Other than drag and drop for the media files, I saw a program a week or so ago called Sailing mediasync. You could try that out.
    07-11-10 01:04 AM
    well for the contacts, calendar,... ETC .... there is no need to sync it with a mac/pc as its constantly sync'd with the google servers. So if you loose/break your phone all is not lost because as soon as you log into your google account with a new android phone or from a computer all the info is there. Then all the media (music/movies/pics) are stored on the SD card.
    07-11-10 11:04 AM
    There is no true mac sync (i own an imac and mini). All your syncing is to the cloud (google services) or anything you decide to drag and drop.

If you want the best mac syncing, better get an iphone
    07-11-10 12:49 PM
    Is there a way to plug in an Android phone and have it appear as a drive so you can drag and drop files from the phone to OSX?
    07-11-10 03:26 PM
    Is there a way to plug in an Android phone and have it appear as a drive so you can drag and drop files from the phone to OSX?
    yeah just plug it in to a usb port then you will get a notification to mount the phone hit that and it shows up as an external flash drive.... i do this all the time in snow leopard.
    07-11-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD