- CrackBerry Abuser
- 319 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Sync BB Contacts to Outlook Export to DROID
This is a repost. Credit goes to Tavenger5 @ cellphoneforums.net.
The following is how to sync your outlook contacts with your blackberry using BlackBerry Desktop Manager. It's actually quite easy.
* Connect your blackberry to your computer and open BlackBerry Desktop Manager (make sure the proper drivers for your Blackberry are installed if this is your first time connecting - they should've came with your phone)
* From the main menu select Synchronize
* Under Configure in the left menu select Synchronization
* "Configure synchronization setting for my desktop program"
* Select Address Book > Setup
* Select Microsoft Outlook
* Select Two way or One way sync to device
* Next - Select your profile in outlook
* Click okay
* Click Synchronize from the left menu and then Synchronize (in the middle)
* Click Sync Organizer Data check box. Click Synchronize.
Export Contacts from Outlook to Android 2.0 (DROID)
* Open Outlook and click on your contacts
* Go to File > Import and Export > Select Export to a file - Next
* Select Comma Separated Values (Windows) - Next
* Select Contacts - Next
* Save the file in a known location - Next
* Click on 'Map Custom Fields' and make sure Default Maps are set
* Click Finish
* Log Into your Gmail account
* Click Contacts in the left menu
* Click Import in the top right
* Choose file and select the .csv file you just saved (add them to a group if you want)
* Click Import
* Your contacts will be imported into your Gmail account
* On your Droid make sure you have connected your Gmail account
* Go to contacts > Menu > Accounts
* Select your Gmail account > Menu > Sync Now
* Your new contacts will be imported - Any duplicates should be merged.
Found this earlier today... haven't seen it posted yet on CB in the DROID forums so I figured I'd help everyone out. Thought it was helpful. Another option instead of using G-mail sync.