I will say that my Atrix is in fact laggy. And at 13 hours the battery life is not great.
    My experience is different from yours. I believe that yours is rooted, correct me if I'm wrong, but mine is stock.
    Not everyone wishes to root/jailbreak, and potential buyers need to know these details.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm rooted but only mod I have is gladenabler which allows me to install non market apps, other than that I'm completely stock.

You need to understand in the world if Android the Atrix offers exceptional buttery life. That "exceptional" battery life may not be what you deem to be good but you need to look at what other Android devices offer, look at the Inspire or TB for example. It's not the device it's the old battery technology that remains the same and not able to keep up with today's technology.
    lssanjose likes this.
    05-18-11 06:24 PM
    I'm soooooo over my BB tour. I loved it whern I got it buti was coming from an EnV. I liked the torch when I came out and even considered the style, but damned if I'm on verizon, who's still pushing the 9650 like its the latest and greatest BB out.

I feel like I'm missing the party. So I'm considering the jump, hard. I really like the DInc2. For size, os, and price it seems like the best on vzw. A friend has the TB and hates it. Vz told me "wait for the charge" I did and it feels like a mall kiosk fake display phone.

If I was on att and wanted to stick with BB I'd get the torch. But like others have said, bB needs to step it up.

If everything goes as planned I getting the dinc2.

05-21-11 09:30 AM
    How do you use your device? If you mean to use a lot of multimedia features then the Android devices kill the Blackberry. For me, I find that the communication features native to the BB platform kill my Atrix. So if I were to have one phone, I would have my Blackberry.
    You're using the Torch so you're on AT&T, right? They have the 30 day return policy still, if I'm not mistaken. Give it the full time because what I found was that on my first few days with the Atrix I thought that I'd found Nirvana. Then the lagginess began, as well as the fact that while I was on the network my battery life was 13 hours.
    Look at the devices, bring one home for 29 days. At the end of day 29 ask yourself whether you really like whatever device is in your hand. Then, please, find your receipt. I lost mine, else I would have returned the Atrix for another one.
    I'm all around with my device, I use a little bit of everything but I would have to say the most would be messaging, email, and music. I am aware of the 30 day return policy and I am thinking about waiting till the device I want comes out then comparing it then waiting the 30 days to see how much I like it. I'm also been thinking about switching carriers. Sprint is looking very tempting.
    05-21-11 06:53 PM
    I'm all around with my device, I use a little bit of everything but I would have to say the most would be messaging, email, and music. I am aware of the 30 day return policy and I am thinking about waiting till the device I want comes out then comparing it then waiting the 30 days to see how much I like it. I'm also been thinking about switching carriers. Sprint is looking very tempting.
    how important is battery life? If you are able to charge your phone while at your desk or dont mind carrying a battery, then Android is going to be way better than BB. The slight communication (text/email) advantage is not big enough to overcome all the other things that Android does better.
    05-26-11 11:57 AM
    Look at what's on the market. I see more iphone clones than anything. Yes there are slide out keyboards and all that..

But my point was that Blackberry does have similar form factor designs... other phone manufacturers do as well. So how is that a problem when all manufacturers do it?

Sooooo basically any phone that is all touchscreen is an iPhone clone??
    05-26-11 11:58 AM
    how important is battery life? If you are able to charge your phone while at your desk or dont mind carrying a battery, then Android is going to be way better than BB. The slight communication (text/email) advantage is not big enough to overcome all the other things that Android does better.
    I'll agree here, if you are a heavy user on bb and think you may be a heavy user on android then expect to charge it a couple times a day at least. The people that say they are getting 13+ hours on android devices are not heavy users.

With that being said, I can recommend what I'm using now the Htc Inspire 4G. I like HTC better than samsung and motorola. The development community is pretty big with the inspire having an evil twin the htc desire.

As for me, I miss blackberry's keyboard as I have in the past. This isnt the first time I've left blackberry only to come back months later but this 9900 Bold Touch looks promising to me.
    05-26-11 02:41 PM
    I'll agree here, if you are a heavy user on bb and think you may be a heavy user on android then expect to charge it a couple times a day at least. The people that say they are getting 13+ hours on android devices are not heavy users.

With that being said, I can recommend what I'm using now the Htc Inspire 4G. I like HTC better than samsung and motorola. The development community is pretty big with the inspire having an evil twin the htc desire.

As for me, I miss blackberry's keyboard as I have in the past. This isnt the first time I've left blackberry only to come back months later but this 9900 Bold Touch looks promising to me.
    I have found having a good touchscreen keyboard makes all the difference though as far as typing on screen. I use Smart Keyboard and man it makes my Droid feel almost like an iPhone as far as a keyboard goes. It's just a little food for thought, as I thought I would miss the keyboard too.
    05-27-11 01:29 PM
    I'm soooooo over my BB tour. I loved it whern I got it buti was coming from an EnV. I liked the torch when I came out and even considered the style, but damned if I'm on verizon, who's still pushing the 9650 like its the latest and greatest BB out.

I feel like I'm missing the party. So I'm considering the jump, hard. I really like the DInc2. For size, os, and price it seems like the best on vzw. A friend has the TB and hates it. Vz told me "wait for the charge" I did and it feels like a mall kiosk fake display phone.

If I was on att and wanted to stick with BB I'd get the torch. But like others have said, bB needs to step it up.

If everything goes as planned I getting the dinc2.

I have never owned an Android device. But lots of my friends do. One has the Incredible and it seems to me overall it has been probably THE best Android phone to date. Because.. HTC managed to keep the size down and the specs were good; it pretty fast. I really think this whole trend towards gigantic phones is a fad to a degree. I agree with you that the Incredible 2 would be a top choice. Point being I have heard lots of complaints about other Android phones but none about the Incredible.

Last edited by southlander; 05-27-11 at 01:49 PM.
    05-27-11 01:46 PM
    "But my point was that Blackberry does have similar form factor designs... other phone manufacturers do as well. So how is that a problem when all manufacturers do it? "

And the majority of phones with that form factor came out after the iphone.
    05-27-11 02:52 PM
    I have never owned an Android device. But lots of my friends do. One has the Incredible and it seems to me overall it has been probably THE best Android phone to date. Because.. HTC managed to keep the size down and the specs were good; it pretty fast. I really think this whole trend towards gigantic phones is a fad to a degree. I agree with you that the Incredible 2 would be a top choice. Point being I have heard lots of complaints about other Android phones but none about the Incredible.

I think with the popularity of tablets on the rise and increase in popularity of 4" + screens, it's only going to continue...

Kinda sucks in some ways. Hopefully every manufacturer doesn't make 4.3" or greater phones only, but I wouldn't necessarily be surprised if it happens...
    05-27-11 03:17 PM
    I had wanted the Nexus One (I wasn't looking for a bigger phone) but it didn't go to Sprint. I am happy it didn't because I have grown to really like the big screen on the EVO.
    05-27-11 04:10 PM
    From the OP, he said he's tried ios and webOS, both of which are also felt to be superior to RIM. However the OP said he likes BlackBerry the best so far. I'm wondering what possible amazing quality Android has that all 3 do not? WebOS has the eye candy and is engaging to use. Ios has simplicity and oodles of apps. Honestly the openness of Android is the only thing that comes to mind. However I'm no expert.
    So, Android experts, what would you say to sell a BB user an Android when has already used ios and webos and found them lacking?

The openness of Android is definitely the point.
    06-01-11 03:15 AM
    A lot of the reason I haven't made the switch is due to battery life and data as Androids are hogs. My wife has a lower end Android in an Optimus T and she genrally hits over 1G a month in data. Me, I am at 200MB's and I am constantly on my berry....heck most my posts are from my BB....same use if I switched, I more than likely would get throttled speeds as I would probably go over TMobile's 5G mark.

I also use quite a bit of wifi...lol!

06-10-11 12:44 AM
    Definitely not. There were touchscreen phones before the iPhone came out. If anything, the Samsung Galaxy S phones are iPhone clones since their UI mimmicks the one on the iPhone. If I were to ever get a Galaxy S, I would remove touchwiz/install a different launcher on the spot.
    06-10-11 11:50 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD