I'm sick of all these stupid star wars junk. Cartoons, toys, spinoffs, games . Even a religion! Very stupid. And now even a phone! Ridiculous Motorola has to pay George Lucas to use the droid name? Enough. Stupid star wars

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 12:09 PM
    What?
    11-07-09 12:26 PM
    Meesa don't understand?!
    11-07-09 12:34 PM
    wat
    11-07-09 12:34 PM
    Lucasfilms owns the trademark to the word "Droid", from the Star Wars films.
    That's not unusual in itself... though if some other science fiction writer had used the term prior to George's films, there may be some friction.
    Anyhow, as such - Motorola, Google, Verizon has to pay for the rights to use "Droid" as a name now.

What I find interesting, is the time that this trademark was "enforced" to include all multitude of consumer electronic devices.
    From an article here:
    http://www.trademork.com/droid/

It says Lucasfilms went for additional protection of the trademark on October 9th, 2009

Also, some funny comments about the whole thing here:
    In the footer: "DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. " Anyone want to explain that? : technology
    Last edited by Digital_Cataclysm; 11-07-09 at 12:40 PM.
    11-07-09 12:36 PM
    I bet since he probably got wind regarding the device's name

11-07-09 02:03 PM
    Go george lucas!!!

01-13-10 02:57 PM
    Greedy b@stard.

Not like he needs more money.
    01-13-10 03:04 PM
    Greedy b@stard.

Not like he needs more money.
    He needs more money because he spends more money,.......Patrick Ewing
    01-13-10 03:15 PM
    I'm sick of all these stupid star wars junk. Cartoons, toys, spinoffs, games . Even a religion! Very stupid. And now even a phone! Ridiculous Motorola has to pay George Lucas to use the droid name? Enough. Stupid star wars

Theres a religion?
    01-13-10 03:50 PM
    Ha ha, whatever makes you feel better. Group therapy????
    01-13-10 03:53 PM
    I call my Droid "Princess Leah"
    01-13-10 06:38 PM
    I call my Droid "Princess Leah"
    Princess Leah was way sexier than the Droid! LMFAO
    01-13-10 07:37 PM
    Theres a religion?
    Yes.

Jediism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    01-15-10 04:09 PM
    The name makes perfect sense to me... I just bought 2 used ones from a Jawa...
    01-15-10 04:23 PM
    Star wars is for those that can dream.....
    01-16-10 02:52 AM
    So does this mean when you walk into a Vzw store, and they are out of stock, they just wave their hands in your face and say "This is not the Droid you are looking for?" and you pick up something else instead?
    01-16-10 03:57 AM
    So does this mean when you walk into a Vzw store, and they are out of stock, they just wave their hands in your face and say "This is not the Droid you are looking for?" and you pick up something else instead?
    LMAO. Nice.

Don't be upset because you were not the first to think of this... and now you are some poor ******* and Lucas is rolling in the dough from all the "Very Stupid Cartoons, toys, spinoffs, games . Even a religion"

But I agree with you that it is ridiculous the moto is paying Lucas for the Droid name.
    01-17-10 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD