Need i say more.....?

i will start from the beginning. if i need my phone to turn on immediately, storm doesnt, DROID DOES. my storm 2 seriously took me about 5 min to start up. no user error, just slow phone. my motorola droid starts in less then 30 sec.

another thing is customizing. you can do way more on a droid as far as just moving around your icons on your phone like the blackberry os allows you to do. WIDGETS alone simply wins the os battle. 6.0 claims its going to have widgets. but we all know that blackberry is terrible to adapting the present. i hate apple by all means but their 2g iphone is better then todays storm 2.

im tired and do not want to continue. just root your droid put 2.2 froyo bugless beast and overclocked to 1ghz with launcher pro....end of story
    06-14-10 04:14 AM
    Yeah, well, I got a Droid to replace my 8330. It lasted 2 weeks. I hated the way it handled email - or rather DIDN'T handle email. Compared to the BB it sucks for email, and I rely on it. So I sent it back and got a 9550. I am completely happy with the Storm.

I also like the way BB handles texting, and I definitely like their touchscreen better. The Droid hard keyboard - how do I say this gently? It sucks. They may as well have left it off.

The Storm (and BB in general) is a communication tool. The Droid is an entertainment device which incidentally does communications, but not too well.

Oh, and startup? Yeah, it takes a while. But if the Storm is anything like the 8330, it's not going to be turned off very often. It's a phone. It's on 24/7.
    06-14-10 05:14 AM
    Yeah, well, I got a Droid to replace my 8330. It lasted 2 weeks. I hated the way it handled email - or rather DIDN'T handle email. Compared to the BB it sucks for email, and I rely on it. So I sent it back and got a 9550. I am completely happy with the Storm.

I also like the way BB handles texting, and I definitely like their touchscreen better. The Droid hard keyboard - how do I say this gently? It sucks. They may as well have left it off.

The Storm (and BB in general) is a communication tool. The Droid is an entertainment device which incidentally does communications, but not too well.

Oh, and startup? Yeah, it takes a while. But if the Storm is anything like the 8330, it's not going to be turned off very often. It's a phone. It's on 24/7.
    Mine does email just fine. I probably type on my Droid faster than you do on your storm. You are correct though when you say the Droid is entertaining. Enough with the storm a is tool argument. The storm is not a business device and NEVER has been marketed as such. Just look at the commercials. RIM was NOT going after the "business" crowd with the storm, sorry. It is a failed entertainment device (your words) with some business features, and it's not even very good at those. And yes, it is absolutely ridiculous to have a 5+ minute boot time in 2010.
    06-14-10 05:35 AM
    YAAWWWNNN..... um thanks...... ZZZZZZZZZZ
    06-14-10 06:11 AM
    ^^^^^^^^ Lol, exactly. Same ole story, Iphone/Droid rocks and Blackberry sucks. Too each their own I say, why is that so hard for some to accept.
    06-14-10 06:15 AM
    What's even funnier is the "insecure need" for those to come on here and post it.
    06-14-10 06:17 AM
    What's even funnier is the "insecure need" for those to come on here and post it.
    Insecurity is when blackberry owners are offended by these type of posts. I guess these forums would be a much better place if everyone just held hands and sang about how great blackberrys are.
    06-14-10 06:22 AM
    Insecurity is when blackberry owners are offended by these type of posts. I guess these forums would be a much better place if everyone just held hands and sang about how great blackberrys are.
    Self-absorbed "storm doesnt. DROID DOES!" posts open up a reasonable, rational dialog? Sure thing.
    06-14-10 06:29 AM
    Pot...kettle...thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Funny thing is, nobody stated they were offended, it's just that most of us are tired seeing "Stupid, pointless threads" had the OP searched, I'm sure he could have found about a hundred of these same topic threads on this site to make his case known that he's leaving, once again BFD.
    Pot...kettle...thing

Couldn't have said it better, lol.
    06-14-10 06:31 AM
    Funny thing is, nobody stated they were offended, it's just that most of us are tired seeing "Stupid, pointless threads" had the OP searched, I'm sure he could have found about a hundred of these same topic threads on this site to make his case known that he's leaving, once again BFD.
    Are they anymore pointless than the countless "I just got my BB xxxx, and it's the greatest thing ever" threads? Are you tired of seeing those too?
    06-14-10 06:32 AM
    Actually I am, this site is supposed to be here to help and prolly around 70% of it is filled with stupid, pointless threads, including the ones the state "I just got my BB" or "Droid vs Iphone vs BB"

So to answer your question, YES.
    06-14-10 06:37 AM
    Actually I am, this site is supposed to be here to help and prolly around 70% of it is filled with stupid, pointless threads, including the ones the state "I just got my BB" or "Droid vs Iphone vs BB"

So to answer your question, YES.
    Fair enough!
    06-14-10 06:57 AM
    My S2 is on 24 7 unless reboot from app install or I pull the battery to clean the dust.

The only time I turn it off is when I go to the theatre.

06-14-10 07:02 AM
    try posting this here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/

maybe someone there will care
    06-14-10 07:03 AM
    Thread flagged to be moved to proper forum. And to TheOne01, obviously this person posted this just to start this kind of flame war. What other purpose would it serve? He knew it would ruffle feathers here, just as you know your pointless trolling here does the same thing. I'm seriously considering trying an Android device, but you all are such unbelievable pr1cks I can't hardly stomach the idea anymore.

06-14-10 08:47 AM
    Moved to Android Forum
    06-14-10 09:14 AM
    just root your droid put 2.2 froyo bugless beast and overclocked to 1ghz with launcher pro....end of story
    This^ x10! The Droid is now the fastest Android phone out there!
    06-14-10 09:43 AM
    All good points and I'm not going to attack the Droid. If it's what you want, go for it. I suppose my point was that I HAD a Droid, gave it a fair shake and no, email is not handled well on it. Yes, it picks up email. Yes it does it reliably. No, it does not play well with POP3 email, which is what I rely on. I continuously got new mail messages, even when there was no new mail. You delete an email and it pulls up another old one (which it calls NEW), since it wants to see 25 emails in the inbox all the time It drove me nuts.

There are some cool things about it, and it was a **** of a nice GPS. The Google navigator was often wrong or bizarrely misrouted, but ALK CoPilot worked nicely. I have Garmin on my Storm though and that works beautifully.

Lets see, what else can I beat up on...

Not much. Sucky hardware keyboard. Beautiful display. Responsive. Good app library. The Storm 2 has a nice display (not as pretty as Droid, but still excellent), moderate app library (themes! Good lord, themes are 90% of the apps out there! How many Hello Kitty themes do we need? One was more than enough), great functionality on a well established platform. I left the platform and regretted it. If you like Android, have at it.
    06-14-10 10:20 AM
    Mine is up and running in 15 seconds. I do wish I had that app which let's me know which planet I am NOT on. I don't dislike "Droid"s but don't see anything they do which makes me think I need one.

The "Need/Please Help" threads are the ones that are a bit of an eye-sore.

Ok, back to bed.
    I understand you like your BB, but 15 seconds? To get out of standby, or actual boot time? If you are saying boot time, then you have the fastest BB in the Universe.
    06-14-10 12:09 PM
    I never have to wait for it. Bingo. It's running.

Sorry for your.......?
    I don't think you understand what boot time is then, and I do not mean to offend. Pull the battery, then put it back in and see how long it takes for you to get to your homescreen. If it honestly takes 15 seconds, your BB may be worth millions of dollars.

My guess, and common sense (knowing BBs) tells me that it doesn't.
    06-14-10 03:23 PM
    I never have to wait for it. Bingo. It's running.

Sorry for your.......?
    pull the battery out. put it back in. i'll spot you 3 mins and your bb still wouldn't boot up faster than any android phone.
    06-14-10 03:54 PM
    pull the battery out. put it back in. i'll spot you 3 mins and your bb still wouldn't boot up faster than any android phone.
    Exactly. I'm pretty sure BBs have the slowest boot up time out of any recent phone to the market.
    06-14-10 04:05 PM
    No way does a BB boot in under a minute.

But cmon, is boot time that big of a deal. I had the same boot time on my touch pro back in thd day, and I never heard anyone in PPCGeeks complain. Nor did I.

Btw, I would challenge somebody with a droid to type faster than me on a Storm 2. I can't see it happening, but who knows.

06-14-10 05:19 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD