I'm currently a 9700 user and I'm looking into a strong Android phone to replace it with. I watched over 20 videos on all phones and even versus videos on forums and I still can't make up my mind. Can anyone help me make the decision easy or point me in the right direction of what is the best between the 3. The last android phone I had was the G1 so its been a long time coming. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-10 04:00 PM
    I'm working on the same decision right now. Jumping to T-Mo as soon as I decide for sure on the phone. Leaning toward the N1 right now for the simple reason that it's stock Android so OS updates will always be faster. A keyboard sure would be tempting though, especially coming from a Bold. Keep us posted as you decide.

EDIT: Anyone on Sprint want to chime in as well? I like the look of the EVO and Epic, but the money I'd save on T-Mo and the truly free tethering are looking pretty good right now. I'm afraid if I jump from AT&T to sprint it'll be like leaving the Empire for the Cylons.
    Last edited by digitalb0y; 07-02-10 at 04:51 PM.
    07-02-10 04:47 PM
    I'm currently a 9700 user and I'm looking into a strong Android phone to replace it with. I watched over 20 videos on all phones and even versus videos on forums and I still can't make up my mind. Can anyone help me make the decision easy or point me in the right direction of what is the best between the 3. The last android phone I had was the G1 so its been a long time coming. Thanks.

Dude, I just suggest you to pick up galaxy first as drive test. if you werent happy with it & return it for refund. You can order it directly dell for streak or att will sell streak by this month..

Good luck with your decision.
    07-02-10 11:08 PM
    Thanks. I think that I'm going to try the galaxy because putting the streak on my hip will be a major issue or even in my pocket. Is the streak gonna have tmobile 3g. I know now the international version has att bands like the euro galaxy s

07-03-10 07:42 AM
    The Dell streak looks too large. The N1 isn't sold in stores so any problems you have with it will probably have to be dealt with over the phone or online. The Vibrant has better specs than the N1 and will be sold in retail stores so that's the one I would go with if I was in your position.
    07-03-10 09:19 AM
    The dell streak looks the best to me but its just the pocket space or holster issue. The nexus one in my opinion outweighs everybody in specs for me overall. The samsung galaxy-everyone is saying its gonna be crap because of samsung and lack of upgrades. But when u root anything is possible.

07-03-10 09:26 AM
    i would recommend the nexus one, have been using it for past 6 months or so. No problems with it, very reliable and speed for browsing and overall use is excellent. Been playing with custom roms, overclocking underclocking it, typically I can get up to 9 hours of average usage and still have around 30-45% battery left. Can custom about everything on the phone you want. Using on a local carrier only paying around $50 month with taxes...500 min, unlimited text/data
    07-03-10 09:34 AM
    none taken, just benefits of being off contracts can jump to whatever carrier. As for service I travel alot, and I either roam onto tmobile or att no charges added.
    07-03-10 11:37 AM
    i would recommend the nexus one, have been using it for past 6 months or so. No problems with it, very reliable and speed for browsing and overall use is excellent. Been playing with custom roms, overclocking underclocking it, typically I can get up to 9 hours of average usage and still have around 30-45% battery left. Can custom about everything on the phone you want. Using on a local carrier only paying around $50 month with taxes...500 min, unlimited text/data
    I watched a lot of n1 vs galaxy s videos and the galaxy looks better to me. My main concern is just the battery life.

07-03-10 02:35 PM
    I chose the N1. I played with one again today and I can't really see anything I wish it did better, and I still like the idea of getting updates immediately from Google instead of waiting for a new version of Sense every time Android updates. Plus, with T-Mo, I only gotta keep the thing 12 months before I'm eligible for another phone upgrade anyway.

Good luck with your Galaxy. Let us know how you like it!
    07-04-10 12:31 AM
    Dell Streak
    07-04-10 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD