Hello everyone, as most people are mad as I am at Sprint.. WHERE ARE THE HTC EVO's!!!!! This is such BS!!! Online sold out for a month, every sprint store in my area has like 8, I get to the store 15 minutes later and "Sorry Sir we just sold the last one" WTF?? How did you sell 8 Evo's by 830am on a Tuesday!!! I mean are people calling in sick to work to get a stupid phone??

So I call Sprint, And some guy from a far off place answers, I ask WHEN IS SPRINT GETTING MORE EVO's!!!! Answer? "we are getting more daily, please check in later" DUH!!!

Then I said, F*IT I like my BB so I will screw the EVO and get the BOLD 9650 and comprimise. Then Sprint wants $200 for the BB!!! I said WTF?? You can get this same phone (9700) at Verizon for $100 and you get TWO of them!!! I am was so hot. Then the sales guy tried selling me a pre. I looked at the thing right there in the store the slide out key pad broke, and he says, "oh that never happens those are great phones" BS!!! Geeze.

Is it just me or is SPRINT like REALLY Dropping the ball....Its like Giving the world a whole new lease on cell phones with the EVO capabilities but ONLY for a select few. BS!!!

Unfortuneately, I am stuck with SPRINT because they are the most reliable network in my "Dog Patch" of a town. So Cheers to Sprint for getting over on us.........YET AGAIN!!
    08-24-10 05:13 PM
    try bestbuy. it kills me how htc still cant make enought evo's
    08-24-10 06:08 PM
    I think the economy is part of the reason but who knows? I don't xd
    08-24-10 06:12 PM
    Verizon is the same on the Droid X. I ordered mine on 8/16, still nothing from them. They say it won't ship until the 31st. If you ordered now, I think the date is 9/9.

I get there is demand, but these phones have been out for a few months now, the 2-3 wait times is getting to be a bit ridicilous.
    08-24-10 06:12 PM
    Try out the Epic 4G while you're waiting. If you like it, keep it. If not, return it & continue the wait for the EvO. At least you have choices.
    08-24-10 06:13 PM
    Ya but the Evo has been out for months and they are still sold out everywhere. Its gotta b the economy otherwise there's no reason why there should be a shortage.
    08-24-10 06:15 PM
    htc did state last month that they are switching to slcd from amoled but whats the hold up?
    08-24-10 06:23 PM
    Try Best Buy. Maybe try an Epic 4g. They come out in a week.
    08-24-10 06:33 PM
    htc did state last month that they are switching to slcd from amoled but whats the hold up?
    Make you wonder how much business HTC and Moto are losing with the wait times. People get annoyed and don't like waiting 2-3 weeks for something.

Like the extended battery for the DX. I ordered it with my phone, and the battery was in stock. My phone isn't going to ship until 8/31, and Verizon now says the battery is out of stock. When the DX finally shows up, if the battery isn't in there, I'm going to be pissed. It was in stock when I ordered it.

Seems like they need to get better at inventory management, this new practice of stocking the bare minimum of new devices isn't going to keep working in the future. Eventually people will get pissed off and just say screw it because they don't want to wait weeks for their new device to show up.
    08-24-10 06:33 PM
    Best Buy only gets phones after the backlogs have been cleared. Say HTC makes 1000 phones, and Best Buy ordered 100 of them. If Sprint or Verizon has 1000 people on the wait list, the phones go to them, and Best Buy gets nothing.
    08-24-10 06:35 PM
    It took me forever to get an Evo, I just got one on Saturday. I had same problem, said they have them in go down there and they are gone. I happened to be in the Sprint store asking them something about porting a number and said, do you have any Evo's? They said a truck was coming in at 1pm with them, it was 12:30 so I waited and now I have my Evo.

It is not Sprint's fault, HTC just cannot make enough of them.
    08-24-10 07:10 PM
    I am in of the lucky lines that was able to go into a store and just but one. But I understand the frustrations of those who didn't have the same luck. That's one good thing about Blackberry devices, you never have to worry about them being out of stock.
    08-24-10 07:14 PM
    Hello everyone, as most people are mad as I am at Sprint.. WHERE ARE THE HTC EVO's!!!!! This is such BS!!! Online sold out for a month, every sprint store in my area has like 8, I get to the store 15 minutes later and "Sorry Sir we just sold the last one" WTF?? How did you sell 8 Evo's by 830am on a Tuesday!!! I mean are people calling in sick to work to get a stupid phone??

So I call Sprint, And some guy from a far off place answers, I ask WHEN IS SPRINT GETTING MORE EVO's!!!! Answer? "we are getting more daily, please check in later" DUH!!!

Then I said, F*IT I like my BB so I will screw the EVO and get the BOLD 9650 and comprimise. Then Sprint wants $200 for the BB!!! I said WTF?? You can get this same phone (9700) at Verizon for $100 and you get TWO of them!!! I am was so hot. Then the sales guy tried selling me a pre. I looked at the thing right there in the store the slide out key pad broke, and he says, "oh that never happens those are great phones" BS!!! Geeze.

Is it just me or is SPRINT like REALLY Dropping the ball....Its like Giving the world a whole new lease on cell phones with the EVO capabilities but ONLY for a select few. BS!!!

Unfortuneately, I am stuck with SPRINT because they are the most reliable network in my "Dog Patch" of a town. So Cheers to Sprint for getting over on us.........YET AGAIN!!

Since when does Verizon carry the 9700? Lol

Let me drop a little knowledge on ya. It's not just Sprint dude. Newer HTC Android devices are HOT! The Verizon Incredible is always sold out, the Nexus1 has always been in high demand and has sold out quite a few times on AT&T & the Desire was and still is selling like hotcakes on AT&T.

It's HTC's fault for not manufacturing enough units to meet demand. Trust me...I'm sure Sprint is just as pi$$ed as you are.
    Last edited by 12MaNy; 08-25-10 at 01:17 AM.
    08-24-10 09:05 PM
    Best Buy only gets phones after the backlogs have been cleared. Say HTC makes 1000 phones, and Best Buy ordered 100 of them. If Sprint or Verizon has 1000 people on the wait list, the phones go to them, and Best Buy gets nothing.
    The Best Buy AND Sprint closest to me had a few in stock as of this afternoon when I called to ask so maybe the one near him has a few also.
    08-24-10 09:14 PM
    Why is Sprint the bad guy when its HTC that cant supply the demand for the evo? they have no control of the manufacturing of phones. People make me laugh sometimes how they think.
    08-24-10 10:47 PM
    Why is Sprint the bad guy when its HTC that cant supply the demand for the evo? they have no control of the manufacturing of phones. People make me laugh sometimes how they think.
    Whatchoo mean, think? some people think the carriers make the phone or something, I guess. As if the carrier wouldn't just Love to have a phone they could just toss into a customer's pocket. Don't worry, cheech, I'm amused by this Pavlovian response, also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 11:17 PM
    Im sorry but I think this guy might be or friends wtih the I.B.Pimping guy.. noticed they way he "rants" and the grammer on the post. Especially with 8 post count all he deserves is this post from me. dont feed the troll guys..
    08-25-10 07:59 AM
    I knwo you are frustrated but it some of your rant did give me a chuckle.
    But I would give the Epic a try I know the screen size may not be what you want but the Epic would be a nice second choice.
    Also Best Buy is a good option....
    Good luck
    08-25-10 08:59 AM
    I knwo you are frustrated but it some of your rant did give me a chuckle.
    But I would give the Epic a try I know the screen size may not be what you want but the Epic would be a nice second choice.
    Also Best Buy is a good option....
    Good luck
    Not quite sure why you quoted me but alright.
    08-25-10 11:30 AM
    Not quite sure why you quoted me but alright.
    Jus cause I agree with your options....
    N I like your avatar.......
    08-25-10 01:17 PM
    @OP. If the evo is just a stupid phone, why do you want one so badly?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 01:39 PM
    It's not just Sprint/HTC Motorola and other smartphone makers are constrained on getting parts.

No parts = No phones.

I'm waiting for a Droid X with no real date, except 8/30.
    Who knows.
    08-25-10 02:32 PM
    I decided on purchasing an Evo on August 7th. I called my local Best Buy Mobile to check the stock before driving over and was told that there was 1 left. I took about an hour to get there (because of work and traffic) to pick it up. I guess you could call me fortunate to find it on the day I decided to buy it.

My suggestion is find a store who is progressing quickly through their wait lists and get on it. In the meantime, call around to stores that don't have them and be there when doors open. You might even have to take a trip in and "befriend" a sales rep to get more details on shipments and delivery times. I've had no problem doing this in the past with other products and UPS/FED Ex are like clockwork.
    08-25-10 02:57 PM
    Ok so samsung is reportedly making the screens for EVOs, which I could def see bc they make screens for alot of other companies for phones, tvs, and pcs....they are not making enough screens for the demand of the EVO. Radioshack and Best Buy are the only places i would go anyways bc they don't do mail in rebates, which if you do even get your mir back it takes sooo long. I work for a phone store (won't say which lol,) and deal with this crap everyday.....

DO NOT get the EVO!!!! DO GET the samung Epic, it is sooo much better in every way except the camera megapixels....I have seen and played with a live one side by side with the EVO and i can assure you it is far beyond the EVO. Better screen res, faster processor, yes the 1ghz hummingbird runs better than the 1ghz snapdragon. Still has Tv out, hotspot and 4g....touchwiz 3.0 >>>> htc sense by miles imo, and the epic is very very high quality build with an amazing keypad + stock swype, this thing feels like a laptop, it is that quality...I tell people they are lucky when they come in complaining about wheres my EVO, because they can preorder the epic.
    08-25-10 03:17 PM
    DO NOT get the EVO!!!! DO GET the samung Epic, it is sooo much better in every way except the camera megapixels....I have seen and played with a live one side by side with the EVO and i can assure you it is far beyond the EVO. Better screen res, faster processor, yes the 1ghz hummingbird runs better than the 1ghz snapdragon. Still has Tv out, hotspot and 4g....touchwiz 3.0 >>>> htc sense by miles imo, and the epic is very very high quality build with an amazing keypad + stock swype, this thing feels like a laptop, it is that quality...I tell people they are lucky when they come in complaining about wheres my EVO, because they can preorder the epic.

Your post is very biased and extremely debateable. To each their own I guess..
    08-25-10 03:34 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD