Which carrier is better, Verizon or Sprint? I have a 20% discount on the Sprint plans but may go with Verizon because of better coverage. Sprint tv seems nice.
    12-25-09 06:32 PM
    Noone can answer that question for you, but you. Go try each phone (you get 30 days). For the VAST majority of people who live in metro areas, you can choose any carrier you like, and experience excellent results. Try both out, see if they work for you, and make your decision based off that, not a bunch of forum fanboy goofballs who are going to tell you OMGREDMAP!!!111
    12-25-09 06:52 PM
    The phones are nearly identical in every way, and neither phone is really superior to the other...

As for the network, its really going to depend on where you live and what you value in your wireless carrier. I would definitely agree that trying them both out would be the best way to get a better idea what you prefer...

Asking a forum full of fanboys, even the ones that try not to look like one, usually won't result in an unbiased answer...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 12-25-09 at 07:26 PM.
    12-25-09 06:56 PM
    It's all about coverage. For me where I lived before Verizon was awesome and had the best coverage, but I still stuck with Sprint cause my mom had/has a huge discount with them because of corporate deals. However where I live now Sprint has the best coverage.

As for Eris and Hero both are the same phones, I like the look of Hero better than Eris since Hero doesn't have the two huge silver bottons sticking on the side.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-09 08:25 PM
    The phone doesn't matter, they are basically the same. Go by the coverage. If Verizon has better coverage by you, get the Eris...If Sprint has better coverage by you, get the Hero.
    12-25-09 10:21 PM
    The Hero has a bigger battery and a much better LCD.
    The Eris has a hardware proximity sensor.

Network performance will depend on your location.
    12-25-09 10:32 PM
    I live in Suffolk county Long Island N.Y. From what I hear Verizon has slightly better coverage. It sounds like im leaning to the Sprint Hero with the 20% plan discount which ends up being much cheaper than Verizon.
    12-26-09 08:30 AM
    I live in Suffolk county Long Island N.Y. From what I hear Verizon has slightly better coverage. It sounds like im leaning to the Sprint Hero with the 20% plan discount which ends up being much cheaper than Verizon.
    If coverage is almost identical, go with the plan that will cost you less.

If you save $10.00 a month, thats $120.00 in your pocket at the end of a year.

However, if you can't use your device you will be out much more!

I would say pick Sprint first and give it a 30 Day test drive and test it hard, If you are happy keep it, if not try Verizon. I'm sure one of the 2 will make you happy.

Good luck
    12-26-09 08:47 AM
    recommend testing the network out, I'll be going back to sprint within a few months. BB or smartphone at $55/month, plus unlimited mobile to mobile, meets my needs and sprint coverage is fairly solid in the area.
    12-26-09 09:09 AM
    I would think Verizon has better coverage than sprint does. Sprint also is having issues staying afloat these days and several carriers are looking at buying them. I almost switched to t-mobile but due to the coverage I stuck with Verizon. With all the low rates comings out Verizon will have to compete with them.
    12-27-09 12:13 PM
    Where do you kids come up with this stuff? Sprint is liquid to the tune of 7.9 billion dollars, if that's being broke I sure would like to be broke.

I would think Verizon has better coverage than sprint does. Sprint also is having issues staying afloat these days and several carriers are looking at buying them.
    12-27-09 12:59 PM
    My purchase would be online so I don't think I can test drive it for 30 days .
    12-27-09 01:14 PM
    You get the same test drive whether you buy on-line of in person. Just know some stores will charge you a $35 restocking fee if you return it to a store or switch out for another device in 30 days.

My purchase would be online so I don't think I can test drive it for 30 days .
    12-27-09 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD