Why are you even comparing iPhone sales to the Droid sales? The iPhone is on its third iteration, compared to the Droid's first run. Even if you were to compare the numbers of the first gen iPhone to the Droid's, it wouldn't be fair. The iPhone was the first of its kind here in the states, and there wasn't really any other phone that did what it could do.

The Droid is a great phone and I'm hoping it's going to do great things for Verizon. We were in dire need of a good smartphone, and we got a great one. Of course the iPhone is going to outsell the Droid. The poster was simply talking about speed tests within the phone's respective networks. When you talk about phones, you NEED to talk about networks. The phone is only as good as the network allows it to be.

Also, raw numbers are not always a good measure of quality. Look at the music industry today. Taylor Swift, anybody?
    It is isn't that trivial when that is brought up, but I wonder if people know that the iphone was releases in 8 countries, not 1 like the droid........contempt prior to investigation
    11-28-09 08:29 AM
    Why are you even comparing iPhone sales to the Droid sales? The iPhone is on its third iteration, compared to the Droid's first run. Even if you were to compare the numbers of the first gen iPhone to the Droid's, it wouldn't be fair. The iPhone was the first of its kind here in the states, and there wasn't really any other phone that did what it could do.

The Droid is a great phone and I'm hoping it's going to do great things for Verizon. We were in dire need of a good smartphone, and we got a great one. Of course the iPhone is going to outsell the Droid. The poster was simply talking about speed tests within the phone's respective networks. When you talk about phones, you NEED to talk about networks. The phone is only as good as the network allows it to be.

Also, raw numbers are not always a good measure of quality. Look at the music industry today. Taylor Swift, anybody?
    YOU are my new hero.
    11-29-09 12:01 PM

Don't hate on T Swift, you know you sing along when you're home alone or driving in your car. Everyone does. It's ok.
    11-29-09 12:25 PM
    Just because I sing along does not mean it's good music.
    11-29-09 12:30 PM
    So can we expect the Verizon network to get bogged down and slow (like AT&T) when enough MotoDroids are sold? Or is Verizon tooled up to handle the traffic?
    11-29-09 12:49 PM
    That's because there's like 100 to 1 ratio.. the iPhone is murdering AT&T's network.. AT&T can't honestly say they have the fastest network.. In fake-world tests they do, but with all the iPhones literally eating their network alive, Verizon now has the real-world fastest.
    I've utilized just about every single cell phone provider...except Halio, Alltel, & Metro PCS...and Verizon has been the best thus far. My batter life is excellent & my signal is awesomely highly most of the time...not to mention the speed...I unfortunately gave up the iPhone...but it was worth it cause I got the Droid instead.
    11-29-09 03:32 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD