Hello,

I recently got my hands an a used Droid for verizon. I had been interested in trying out the android platform for some time, but one of the first things I noticed about the droid is the lack of sound profiles. Is there any way to set up sound profiles on this device similar to the Blackberry? I have a personalized profile in which phone calls and texts vibrate and everything else is silent and I cant seem to get that to work on the droid. I usually just switch from my custom profile to 'silent' when I'm in class. I can't seem to figure out how to easily achieve this on the droid. People brag about the customization of the droids so I assumed this was a given.

Thanks in advanced.
    09-26-10 04:37 PM
    Simple Sound Profiles, available for free, in the market.
    09-26-10 04:40 PM
    Thanks, I'll give it a try. Not used to the market yet
    09-26-10 04:43 PM
    Quick Profiles also works well.
    09-26-10 05:55 PM
    I didn't want to start another thread for this, but can anyone tell me how to sync the droid with MS Outlook?
    09-26-10 06:49 PM
    I downloaded the app and have messed around with it, but I cannot figure out if it can make it so that the phone vibrates when I receive a txt message but not when I receive an e-mail/other notification. The profiles that I would like to achieve are:

profile 1: Vibrate for phone calls and sms/mms messages (all other notifications silent with no vibration)

Profile 2: silence everything except alarm clock and phone calls.

this seems simple but I cannot figure out how to get it to work, i cannot figure out how to single out the sms/mms settings
    Last edited by business1st; 09-27-10 at 03:55 PM.
    09-27-10 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD