I ordered my incredible today. I have a 9650 that I AM in love with but playing with the X, I really like what Android has although for me, the size of the X is too big. I like the form of the Incredible....Although its more of a user preference, what are the chances I return the Incredible and return to the 9650(based on user experience)?
    08-07-10 03:08 PM
    ...what are the chances I return the Incredible and return to the 9650(based on user experience)?
    It depends on your wants/needs/and priorities.

If you want everything to be like it was on the Blackberry platform, you will most likely be disappointed. If you have an open mind to change and doing things a little bit differently, and doing a little searching for apps, then you might like Android a lot.
    08-07-10 03:15 PM
    Friend of mine just switched from using a Storm 1 since the original launch day to
    the Incredible and he just couldn't believe what he could do. He's at the "wow" state
    still, but I'm sure he's going to stick with it.
    08-07-10 03:47 PM
    Tips from an early adopter (t-Mobile G1 --> Samsung Vibrant):

• Make sure to visit the many Android forums out there
    • Start following other Android users on Twitter. Android users are often very helpful. I'm www.twitter/AtmanRising
    • Only install apps above 4 stars.
    • Always try the menu key (you never know what you'll find)
    • Always try "long press"
    • Stick to a fast device with a 1 Ghz CPU and plenty of RAM/app storage
    • Try the NES, SNES and Genesis emulators and have some retro fun
    Last edited by AtmanRising; 08-08-10 at 03:32 AM. Reason: forgot to subscribe to thread
    08-08-10 03:30 AM
    Awesome. Will def try that. Get some sonic and Mario action on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 04:05 AM
    Awesome. Will def try that. Get some sonic and Mario action on my phone.

I hope the battery is better than the EVO. After 2 weeks of non stop communication with Sprint I returned the EVO yesterday. I will be ordering the Iphone today.

08-08-10 06:03 AM
    After spending more tha just a year on BB, I decided to give a Galaxy S a run. personally, I am a Mac user and I wanted initially to go for an iPhone but since I already have an iPad, I wanted to try something else. After few days playing aroind with the device, I have a strangely feeling that it is like an iPhone but it is not one. And this is not good since it underperforms in pretty much every single way. Launching the browser or an app on my whooping 1 ghz processor on my Android is slower than on my 3 years old iPod touch. At this moment while posting this coment, my keyboard is lagging like ****. I heard that rooting the device would help but as a consumer, I really don't care. Plus, changing the input language is simply a pain in the *** since you need to configure the entire system to type conveniently in other languages. one last thing that bothers me is that Android is not intuitive at all. either you use the touch screen to work your device or the physical buttons. This thing mixes up all two and sometimes I get lost and keep yelling that when I press on the outside of contextual menu, it should bring me out of it. Instead, I need to press on the return button on the phone to do such simple task.

Overall, I think that Android is no where close to iOS in terms of user interface and optimization to the hardware. If RIM's hardware backhardness can he excused because it is so different from other smartphones, Android does not bring anything new on the table except to those handheld corporates like Samsung or Motrola who were doomed against Apple's crushing supremacy.
    08-08-10 07:26 AM
    Any Android device is light years above any Blackberry. Android will be the number on operating system very soon. You will love your new Incredible it's a great device you you will probably wonder why you didn't switch sooner I did!
    08-08-10 08:27 AM
    If you are like me, you will return the Incredible for the BB. I had the Tour, got Droid fever, bought the Droid, traded it in for the Incredible (which was a super awesome phone right out of the box) but after a few weeks I missed the blackberry and the ease of use. I realized that I didn't primarily use my phone for internet or games, different apps, etc. AND I needed a phone with a battery that would last all day. I switched back to the Tour and then ordered a Bold 9650. Life is all good now!
    08-08-10 08:46 AM
    I am also trying to trade in my Android to get back into the Blackberry world. Sure. Android and its apps can be appealing at first but the for my use, I prefer a Blackberry. I do regret that RIM is so much behind the competitors hardware-wise but for what it does, Blackberry does it excellent. If you need a business phone, get a Blackberry. If not, get an Iphone.
    08-08-10 04:01 PM
    I like my baby Quench, it's not up to the specs of recent released Androids but it's enough of a phone for me to play with on the Android platform. Blackberry is top notch for communication and security but RIM isn't doing a very good job of drawing attention from those eying iPhones and Androids these days.

I'm keeping my Quench, and will probably upgrade my Pearl Flip to a 9780 or perhaps even the 9800.
    08-08-10 04:31 PM
    After spending more tha just a year on BB, I decided to give a Galaxy S a run. personally, I am a Mac user and I wanted initially to go for an iPhone but since I already have an iPad, I wanted to try something else. After few days playing aroind with the device, I have a strangely feeling that it is like an iPhone but it is not one. And this is not good since it underperforms in pretty much every single way. Launching the browser or an app on my whooping 1 ghz processor on my Android is slower than on my 3 years old iPod touch. At this moment while posting this coment, my keyboard is lagging like ****. I heard that rooting the device would help but as a consumer, I really don't care. Plus, changing the input language is simply a pain in the *** since you need to configure the entire system to type conveniently in other languages. one last thing that bothers me is that Android is not intuitive at all. either you use the touch screen to work your device or the physical buttons. This thing mixes up all two and sometimes I get lost and keep yelling that when I press on the outside of contextual menu, it should bring me out of it. Instead, I need to press on the return button on the phone to do such simple task.

Overall, I think that Android is no where close to iOS in terms of user interface and optimization to the hardware. If RIM's hardware backhardness can he excused because it is so different from other smartphones, Android does not bring anything new on the table except to those handheld corporates like Samsung or Motrola who were doomed against Apple's crushing supremacy.
    I guess you know where to go then.
    08-08-10 06:00 PM
    Friend of mine just switched from using a Storm 1 since the original launch day to
    the Incredible and he just couldn't believe what he could do. He's at the "wow" state
    still, but I'm sure he's going to stick with it.
    You speak as though there's a "holy crap, I made a mistake" state. I was wondering if that comes before or AFTER the 30 day trial period is up?!
    08-09-10 03:48 AM
    You speak as though there's a "holy crap, I made a mistake" state. I was wondering if that comes before or AFTER the 30 day trial period is up?!
    More of a "Wow I love this phone" state.
    08-09-10 06:12 AM
    I haven't had that thought cross my mind once, and I have had an Android device for almost a year now.
    08-09-10 08:19 AM
    @avt123 and @The_Maestro

Just out of curiosity, did either of you have a phsyical keyboard BlackBerry? I am getting a strong impression that most BB homesick Droid users are coming back to physical keyboard devices. They cite a myriad of issues they didn't like about the Droid, but it's just funny how they don't return to a BB touch screen device in many cases.
    08-09-10 12:48 PM
    Used an 8703e, 8300, 8310, 9000, 8900, and 9700 all within a span of about 3
    years. Hated touch screens. Not missing a BB one bit.
    08-09-10 12:50 PM
    ....I am. I had to surrender my 9700 when I retired a month ago, so thought I'd give an Android phone a try. Admittedly I didn't know too much about them but I got a Motorola DEXT/CLIQ with a slider 'hard' keyboard, and it's ok, but somehow not as integrated as a Berry, and battery life is awful, and I hate the touch screen....so guess what, I've gone back to a BB8520 - obviously not as cool as the 9700 but far better than the Android.
    08-10-10 08:37 AM
    For those that argue business use, how many reaaally need it for business use. Just call it what it is. You love how well it does email and bbm. I gave up my 9700 3 weeks ago. Yes, Blackberry does email better than any smartphone out there. For me, that's about it. I can deal with having my yahoo email to me pushed a little bit slower than it was on my bb. I've just started using my gmail account that i've had for a while now more since the email is pushed faster. Bottom line for me, Blackberry got boring. Now I sit here at my desk streaming local sportstalk shows here in Dallas while I work. That's one thing I couldn't get on my blackberry.
    08-10-10 10:12 AM
    @avt123 and @The_Maestro

Just out of curiosity, did either of you have a phsyical keyboard BlackBerry? I am getting a strong impression that most BB homesick Droid users are coming back to physical keyboard devices. They cite a myriad of issues they didn't like about the Droid, but it's just funny how they don't return to a BB touch screen device in many cases.
    Yup. 8330, 9000 and 9700. All in a span of about 2.5 years. I had an iPhone 3G/3GS while I had the 9000 and 9700 though. You couldn't pay me to use a BB touchscreen device. I would just take it and sell it.
    08-10-10 10:51 AM
    I too am awaiting my incredible, should get it tomorrow per UPS tracking. I am feeling a little wierd leaving the Storm 2, I do really like the form factor and overall user interface in regards to messaging, however, the browser is not great and I want some new eye candy. I will take a few weeks to get used to Androd before I sell my Storm 2, to make sure I made the right move. However, if BB does come out with a great LTE touchscreen device for VZW, I may go back. I also have played with my wife's Eris enough to know I should be happy, just will have to learn to do things a little different.
    08-10-10 01:00 PM
    For 6 years, I was BB Fanboy who pledged allegiance to all things Blackberry. Several months ago, I became more interested in what the competition between smartphone companies was all about. RIM, Apple, HTC, Motorola, Nokia....all the big names were battling it out. The month of June came up so fast this year, and I soon realized that I could no longer deny the fact that a beautiful touchscreen device with an awesome display, 8mp camera, HD video recording, frontfacing camera, 4g speeds, WiFi, 7 customizable homescreens and plenty of other features could be mine for $200.

Does one need all of that in order to be productive and stay connected to e-mail on the go? No...but I deserve it.

Think of it this way: Would you rather watch a sporting event in standard definition with the same boring commentators week in and week out, or turn on a 50" high definition set with sideline coverage and instant replays?
    08-10-10 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD