No worries about RIM's failure to maintain 100% connectivity for data (messaging, email, etc). In fact with an Android, I don't have any worries--it's lightning fast and it doesn't need constant battery pulls. Android FTW! (color me one happy camper, people!)
    phonejunky likes this.
    10-11-11 10:40 PM
    No worries about RIM's failure to maintain 100% connectivity for data (messaging, email, etc). In fact with an Android, I don't have any worries--it's lightning fast and it doesn't need constant battery pulls. Android FTW! (color me one happy camper, people!)
    Congrats on the upgrade. I got stuck with the pos storm1, worst electronics purchase ever for me.
    I am looking into upgrading to a torch 9850, but the bionic is the one phone that I considered leaving BB for, this was back when they delayed their release of the bionic.
    I was put off by the price tag I saw on VZ's site for the bionic, surely worth it over the price of a half working phone though.
    Ha, i hate the battery pulls, but we sure get used to them when we own a BB.
    10-11-11 10:46 PM
    Congrats on the upgrade. I got stuck with the pos storm1, worst electronics purchase ever for me.
    I am looking into upgrading to a torch 9850, but the bionic is the one phone that I considered leaving BB for, this was back when they delayed their release of the bionic.
    I was put off by the price tag I saw on VZ's site for the bionic, surely worth it over the price of a half working phone though.
    Ha, i hate the battery pulls, but we sure get used to them when we own a BB.
    I never got used to pulling the battery and waiting almost FIVE MINUTES before the phone was ready again. what a POS. I can't say enough good about the relative merits of the Bionic/Android OS vs the Storm 2/BBOS. It's faster, has just about every app one can think of, is more reliable, the phone has stellar voice quality, a nice screen and loudspeaker, and browsing is a dream, thanks to the speedy processor and data connection speed. NOW I feel like I'm getting my $30 worth, from Verizon, for the data charge. I hardly could use any data on the Storm, since it lacked speed for browsing and lacked apps. Android gets stronger with every passing week--so many new phones are being introduced now, it's hard to keep track of them all. Apple can keep their Siri app--I can already talk to my phone to compose emails, texts, find apps, search the 'net. I don't need the extra bells and whistles that the Apple folks drool over in Siri, and then once they get the device with the latest new features, they hardly use it, like Facetime. And there was the DOA feature for iTunes, Ping. I KNEW that was going to suck, the day that Jobs gushed over it. sheesh!
    10-11-11 10:57 PM
    I'm glad I no longer use Blackberry. I remember the last BIS outage. It was just as bad, if not worse then. It's nice not being dependent on RIM any longer. One year RIM free and it feels good.
    10-12-11 09:50 AM
    Yea I use to hate outages. I definitely trust VZWs service over RIM. Haven't had an outage in the 2 years I've had them. The networks have been clogged durring emergencies, but everything still went through.

I would be pissed right now if I had a smartphone and it couldn't connect to the internet. Might as well pull out the flip phone until service it back.
    1812dave likes this.
    10-12-11 10:18 AM
    I am so glad I don't have a Blackberry right now! I remember outages. I remember white screens and errors. Funny thing is, there's still fan boys and girls flaming those that are complaining about the outage, telling them to get over it and it's no big deal. Right, no big deal until it affects them personally.

I haven't had a single outage, error, data loss or crash with my Android since I've had it.
    1812dave and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-12-11 10:21 AM
    I am so glad I don't have a Blackberry right now! I remember outages. I remember white screens and errors. Funny thing is, there's still fan boys and girls flaming those that are complaining about the outage, telling them to get over it and it's no big deal. Right, no big deal until it affects them personally.

I haven't had a single outage, error, data loss or crash with my Android since I've had it.
    I'm glad BB email and BIS are so reliable. Even those who I work for can agree with RIM apologists and I'm sure they think it's not a big deal and will get over it.

Just got this sent to me
    10-12-11 10:55 AM
    I was using a Sidekick LX 09 during the Great Sidekick Outage a couple years ago. About a month after the outage is when I got my BB 9700. Soon after I got my 9700 was when a bad BIS outage occured. I felt cursed! When my BB was up and running I loved it. I didn't even really notice the spinning clock, long boot up times, tiny screen, etc AT THE TIME, but since getting on the Android bandwagon I see how I was simply putting up with those issues. That said, though, I do miss my blackberry sometimes. I can't even really explain why. In fact I'm getting a backup BB soon, lol. It won't be my daily driver, but it'll be fun to tinker around on.
    10-12-11 11:12 AM
    I was using a Sidekick LX 09 during the Great Sidekick Outage a couple years ago. About a month after the outage is when I got my BB 9700. Soon after I got my 9700 was when a bad BIS outage occured. I felt cursed! When my BB was up and running I loved it. I didn't even really notice the spinning clock, long boot up times, tiny screen, etc AT THE TIME, but since getting on the Android bandwagon I see how I was simply putting up with those issues. That said, though, I do miss my blackberry sometimes. I can't even really explain why. In fact I'm getting a backup BB soon, lol. It won't be my daily driver, but it'll be fun to tinker around on.
    want to buy my Storm 2??? I can't understand WHY you want a BB, but hey, it's your dough!
    10-12-11 12:13 PM
    I couldn't give up the awesome price of FREE . It's a bold 9700, and it'll be interesting/fun to tinker w/ a BB again.
    Last edited by pantlesspenguin; 10-12-11 at 01:26 PM.
    10-12-11 01:03 PM
    I couldn't give up the awesome price of FREE . It's a bold 9700, and it'll be interesting/fun to tinker w/ a BB again.
    Ah, so by tinkering you mean memory optimization and installing leaked/hybrid OSs. Sounds like fun.
    10-12-11 02:13 PM
    Yeah, I'm getting a Blackberry as a back up phone too!
    10-12-11 02:37 PM
    Yeah, I'm getting a Blackberry as a back up phone too!
    Wouldn't that be similar to having a back up generator (in case of power outages), but not having any gasoline in it's tank?
    10-12-11 02:45 PM
    Lol, yeah I know. Maybe I'll get a new Android and have my Bolt as a back up. Still undecided!
    10-12-11 02:47 PM
    Ah, so by tinkering you mean memory optimization and installing leaked/hybrid OSs. Sounds like fun.
    Since it won't be my daily driver I very well could do this, without fear of being without a phone if I mess it up and have to ask for help here lol.
    10-12-11 03:37 PM
    Since it won't be my daily driver I very well could do this, without fear of being without a phone if I mess it up and have to ask for help here lol.
    But if it wont be your daily driver, how would you know if you memory leaks are less and your hybrid OS is working better than the previous.

I'm just kidding around. It's fun to tinker with smartphones in general.
    10-12-11 04:39 PM
    I had a BlackBerry Curve 2 years ago. It was good for calls, texts, and email but the native web browser was so bad. Opera mini and Bolt were nice alternatives though.

But now those new OS7 devices look pretty sweet. I thought RIM was gonna keep going downhill but they've done a good job with OS7 just like Microsoft has done with WP7. It's nice to not only see iPhone and Android in the top anymore.
    10-12-11 05:18 PM
    My SGS is a back up for my Inc S which is a back up for my SGS II which will probably be a back up for my Nexus Prime (hopefully) ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-12-11 05:22 PM
    My 8120 is my back up between phones. One of the last durable, reliable Blackberrys. I remember the last BIS outage & the T-Mobile BIS outage. I don't miss outages, battery pulls, truncated e-mails, & dropped 4G/HSPA signal.
    1812dave and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-12-11 07:09 PM
    I remember the last BIS outage & the T-Mobile BIS outage. I don't miss outages, battery pulls, truncated e-mails, & dropped 4G/HSPA signal.
    agreed! truncated emails SHOULD be a source of major embarrassment for RIM and BB owners. why they aren't, is beyond my comprehension. No excuse, really.
    10-12-11 07:18 PM
    agreed! truncated emails SHOULD be a source of major embarrassment for RIM and BB owners. why they aren't, is beyond my comprehension. No excuse, really.
    Because my ego and libido isn't determined by my phone manufacturer/features? I didn't expect iphone owners to run around with paper bags on their heads back when they had no copy/paste or notifications worth anything.
    Itzdatdude likes this.
    10-12-11 07:23 PM
    Because my ego and libido isn't determined by my phone manufacturer/features? I didn't expect iphone owners to run around with paper bags on their heads back when they had no copy/paste or notifications worth anything.
    It's not about ego, it's about functionality, reliability, and quality. These are features that Blackberry used to possess, but now lacks.
    10-12-11 07:49 PM
    What I don't understand is folks still saying Blackberry is the best if you want a communication device. When email is as good as BlacKberry, and there are actually more communication choices on Android, including Skype.
    10-12-11 07:58 PM
    It's not about ego, it's about functionality, reliability, and quality. These are features that Blackberry used to possess, but now lacks.
    That has nothing to do with being embarrassed... And even if you want to assume that reliability and quality are absolutely 100% worse with no exception, functionality is drastically higher than it used to be on BB. So if BB used to have functionality already, now it has more functionality than it used to...

I can see why some people want an iphone or android, but it sure seems to break some people's brains to think of any reason why someone would want a BB. It's called making concessions for other things. You're doing it regardless of what platform you are on whether you choose to believe so or not.
    Last edited by papped; 10-12-11 at 08:02 PM.
    10-12-11 07:59 PM
    Na, I can see why BlackBerry is good too.
    10-12-11 08:03 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD