Anyone else going to check out this phone? The biggest complaint is that it doesn't come with ICS, but I'm not bothered by that because I know it will be getting it eventually. My upgrade is on Sunday, and I've decided I'm going with this one.
    06-28-12 08:26 AM
    Good choice. I've been researching that one also. For $50, a person can't really go wrong. It's .1mm thinner than my HD2 and, even though in pictures it looks rather thick, I know 11mm is pretty thin. And the display should be sweet.

I tried to look at one at my AT&T store, but they don't carry it. Best Buy had some, but not on display. Keep us informed about your impressions and experiences with the Ion.
    jpash549 likes this.
    06-28-12 09:57 AM
    just ordered one recently, can update when i get it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using the CrackBerry Forums App!
    06-28-12 02:14 PM
    Yeah, I am excited about this phone. I already ordered my case for it and I still have two days before I can get the upgrade lol... I will definitely update here once I get it and try it out, I already have a feeling i'm not going to be disappointed.

papped, I will be interested to see what you think about it as well.
    06-29-12 06:52 AM
    It's a sexy looking phone
    06-29-12 02:41 PM
    I finally was able to handle an Ion, though it was a dummy display model, at Best Buy today and found it to be quite excellent physically. The online pictures don't do it justice. They give the impression the Ion is thicker than what it actually feels and looks like in person. Quite slender and wholly acceptable. It's likely going to be my secondary upgrade later this year.
    06-30-12 01:00 PM
    Just placed my order for the Ion! I was hoping some of our local shops would have it, so I wouldn't have to wait on shipping...lol I'm impatient. They didn't have it, so went online and got it for $49.99..great deal if you ask me..and to me is has more appeal than the One X and S3.
    07-01-12 07:56 AM
    Looks like a really, really nice device. Even if it doesn't come with ICS, if I was running GSM I'd consider it.
    07-01-12 10:46 AM
    Looks like a really, really nice device. Even if it doesn't come with ICS, if I was running GSM I'd consider it.
    It is a GSM, at least here in USA. AT&T has it.
    07-01-12 01:41 PM
    Looks like my order was delayed a bit due to them selling out, so it must be doing fairly well.
    07-03-12 04:11 PM
    ah that sucks on the delay...mine should be here tomorrow...it's in transit now. I think the Ion is getting more attention now..I know there is a commercial out now for it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-04-12 09:57 AM
    Yay Ion shipped, hopefully get it tomorrow.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-06-12 03:26 PM
    Yay Ion shipped, hopefully get it tomorrow.
    Keep us updated. I like the look on this one...
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-06-12 05:37 PM
    I may get one of these when my secondary upgrade is available later this year. Since there won't be any BB10 devices out this year, my choices are much easier and the Ion looks real good. But I also might consider a Galaxy Note or possibly a One X. Just depends on cost.
    07-06-12 06:51 PM
    Sony Xperia ion vs Samsung Galaxy S III AT&T - Phone specs comparison

Check this out. This a comparison versus the GS3 on AT&T. Not being a fanboy or not stuck on stats but both phones appear to appeal to different needs and users.
    07-06-12 08:32 PM
    I see it supports DLNA? Is that correct?
    07-06-12 09:03 PM
    Yup. It does.
    07-06-12 09:16 PM
    Ok, so after about a week of using my Ion..I must say I am very impressed by this phone. It's lightning fast, and has one of the best displays that I have seen yet. Touchscreen is very responsive, and I have not experienced any lag at all, even when doing a lot of processing..the camera is also the best I've seen yet on any phone, it's actually comparable to my digital camera. I know when ICS get's pushed out for the Ion, it's going to be even better. I would definitely recommend this phone for anyone looking to upgrade.

Sad to say, I have barely touched my 9930 since getting this phone..(other than responding to some work emails) Still have a lot of BB love though.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    07-11-12 08:32 AM
    Yeah I actually like the display better than the amoled ones and the camera is very, very good
    07-11-12 11:06 AM
    I've had the ion for 2 weeks now, and I'm still very impressed with it. I've ran it through a lot of test and it just does everything flawlessly. More people should really consider this phone. Is everyone here who got the ion still impressed with it? Would like to see more opinions/reviews from users. I ordered a ballistic case for it and it should arrive today.
    07-18-12 01:59 PM
    Love the phone (was just waiting on ICS update), but I no longer have it since AT&T refuses to give out unlock codes as of right now. As a result I switched to the One S.

Other than that, the build is very solid, the screen is amazing (I have no qualms with it being LCD at all, even compared to any of the amoled screens) and I didn't see any performance issues.
    07-18-12 02:09 PM
    Yeah, I am getting anxious about ICS being released for it. The One S is a really nice looking device as well.

papped, on another note..is your avatar Guild Wars related??
    07-18-12 02:22 PM
    No it's from a different game, called Anarchy Reigns (Max Anarchy in Japan).
    07-18-12 02:31 PM
    Oh OK..I haven't tried that one but I've heard of it some. Anyway, your avatar looks so much like a Mesmer from Guild Wars.

Sent from my Sony Xperia ion using Tapatalk 2
    07-18-12 07:07 PM
    For anyone who owns an Xperia Ion, has it received the ICS update?

I'm getting ready for my secondary update and looking hard at the Ion. But I'm wanting it to have ICS.
    08-27-12 08:05 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD