Posted in the wrong forum. Should be in the Android forum.
    10-30-09 08:01 AM
    Posted in the wrong forum. Should be in the Android forum.
    You should be happy to read something other than complaints!
    10-30-09 08:35 AM
    It also might light a fire under RIM to do something about their software. They need a kick up the pants when it comes to IMAP implementation, web browsing and making the programming environment easier for application development, and so far the only thing they're clearly in the process of dealing with is the web browsing. In today's technology world, even the best hardware designs and business services aren't going to cut it if the software implementation isn't there.
    10-30-09 09:29 AM
    All I have to say is that I am very glad I didn't jump on the Storm2. After the disastrous release of S1 I am appalled that there are so many threads on "fixes" for the S2 (e.g Wifi). I love BB, but I am definitely jumping ship for the Droid. It is not the sexiest device, but that's a small price to pay to not have to constantly search for leaked OSs or fixes to make the Storm the phone it should be.

I think the Droid is going to be huge - IMO the success of phones will depend on the apps available (see iPhone - not the best PHONE, but the apps are great). I had great expectations of the BB App World, but it has been a huge disappointment.

Just my 2 cents...
    10-30-09 09:59 AM
    Here's one for you: ActiveSync. So if I want to integrate with non-gmail accounts, like I do on my BB, I have to use ActiveSync to "pull" mail from the servers every 5 minutes? Do you realize the kind of battery drain that's going to cause. Unless they're putting some sort of hybrid-electric battery in the Droid, as much as I send/receive email my battery would be dead in a few hours.
    That's a load of misinformation. Since at least WinMo 6.1 (I forget the corresponding version number of ActiveSync - may be the same), ActiveSync has supported true push email. You could have a Droid phone using AS against an Exchange mailbox (or any other mail provider that supports ActiveSync) using push - not a 5 minute polling interval.
    10-30-09 10:05 AM
    In fact ActiveSync support is one of the biggest PLUSes of the Droid, in my book. If I were to switch from a BB with BES to any phone using ActiveSync, it would save me roughly $22/month in fees (between paying to Verizon and paying to my Hosted Exchange provider), and the only thing I would lose is AS does not sync Notes and BES does. They both sync Calendar, Contacts, and Tasks, and they both push email.
    10-30-09 10:07 AM
    Verizon is barely mentioning the Storm 2. When I went to my local store to look at the Storm 2, they suggested that I not buy it and wait for the DROID.

In this mornings paper, there was an article saying that Verizon will be spending more on the DROID release than on any phone in its history.

Somebody is paying somebody to push the DROID. It is my guess that Google is paying Verizon (and maybe Motorola) for every phone that they sell. There is no other reason that they would be this "enthusiastic" about the DROID.

Put it this way, the droid is a new form of technology to hit vzw. It's more exciting than a re-make of the storm 1. It'll probably be the closest thing to an all mighty "iphone." The tmobile G1, My touch, are great great phones. Let's face it, BB's are simply put outdated. The Droid will introduce a great browser, much better than the storm's. I know this for a fact. My brother has a G1 and now a My touch. The browser of those android phones beats the storms all day long. The Droid is a logical phone for VZW to focus on. They would be very stupid to spend tons of money pushing for a storm 2. The storm carries a negative name. So many people think the storm is **** due to failures of the first storm. That's what it is all about.
    10-30-09 04:13 PM
    The more I see Video's of the phone...the more I like how it looks. It seems to grow on you. I'm sure it's preformance will more than make up for the fugly keyboard.
    10-30-09 10:45 PM
    I thought it was ugly at first then now I look at it more and more and I like it. The keyboard isn't bad. Just looks different but there are other phones out there with keyboard like that. The HTC tilt has the same style keyboard so if you want to see how it feels, go play with that. I also like the pad better then trackball. I like it a lot.
    10-30-09 11:54 PM
    Money > Women
    10-31-09 03:56 AM
    Is the only argument is that the phone is ugly?

Lol you guys can't be serious with that line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That is funny. Also, amazing how I have read so many articles that state the phone looks grow on you and there is something about it. I personally don't think it looks that bad at all.
    10-31-09 07:25 AM
    I personally thought the phone was uglier than my step-sister, but after looking at it in videos... well, it ain't no Megan Fox but it's definitely putting on some nice make-up!
    10-31-09 07:54 AM
    I am also thinking of switching for the DROID, but has this new OS been tested in the real world, or is the DROID the first shot??

Wondering if I should wait to see what bugs appear for awhile????
    10-31-09 08:39 AM
    Google + Android = Awesomness

I almost got S2 but after updating OS on S1, don't see a reason for it... Looking to Nov. 6, gonna try out droid and all the fuss... about it

10-31-09 09:12 AM
    I am also thinking of switching for the DROID, but has this new OS been tested in the real world, or is the DROID the first shot??

Lots of people at Google have been testing 2.0
    10-31-09 09:15 AM
    The Droid is going to be a huge hit for Google, Motorola and Verizon (finally) When a store needs to open its doors at 6am because they anticipate a nice amount of people to walk in to purchase the device, that says it all.
    10-31-09 09:25 AM

The droid/android "google phone" is not a new thing. Tmobile has launched two very successful android devices. The ugly G1. The pretty My touch. Same open platform. So, no its not new. Don't expect bugs with the software unless Motorola doesn't implement it properly. Put it this way, it's like if apple made the software/platform of the iphone available to other manufacturers. That's what google did. They have sold or leased whatever it is their android system to other manufacturers to build on that platform. Expect android phones to start appearing rapidly. If Motorola has success with it, other manufacturers will certainly build a phone as well. I believe Samsung is already working on a droid phone.
    10-31-09 10:28 AM
    Is the only argument is that the phone is ugly?

Lol you guys can't be serious with that line.

Yep guys r worse than girls around here. One guy hated it because it didn't tell him(as in speak it) before he had to turn.... Bunch of f'n metro sexuals in the place.

Last edited by nate8u; 10-31-09 at 12:53 PM.
    10-31-09 12:50 PM
    speilburg or lucas coined the name droid and on CNBC they said he gets paid too
    10-31-09 01:19 PM
    speilburg or lucas coined the name droid and on CNBC they said he gets paid too
    Motorola paid the licensing fees. Read that online somewhere the other day.
    10-31-09 05:22 PM
    Yes, if you watch the iDon't commercial on TV at the end it says that droid is trademarked to lucasfilms.
    11-01-09 12:16 AM
    The Droid promises to be a contender to the I Phone... the storm or storm2 isn't
    Verizon is looking for the next big phone that can pull customers back from AT&T the reps don't get paid to hype the DROID its just more excitment then anything!!!
    11-01-09 12:39 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD