View Poll Results: Are you holding out for the 2GHz Droid?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 43.59%
  • No

22 56.41%
    At first I was considering the X but the only key thing about it is the bigger screen. Other than that it's just another 1GHz phone with added memory which isn't justifiable as an upgrade from my Droid IMO. I want something more and this looks like the most powerful phone to date.

Here are the supposed specs I found on this site.
    - 4.3" FWVGA
    - 12MP camera
    - 720p recording
    - 1GB RAM
    - QSD 8x72
    - Android Gingerbread w/out Moto Blur
    - Not the Nexus Two
    - Front-facing camera
    Motorola Droid Pro - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

My only concern for it would be battery life but maybe Motorola will put in a battery powerful enough to make it through a day.

Motorola Launching 2GHz Android Phone in 2010? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
    07-10-10 10:37 PM
    Got my hopes up for a Christmas gift to myself.
    07-11-10 07:23 AM
    A moto insider recently said there's no front facing camera on droid pro. I would hold out for that phone if it was Lte.
    Last edited by the one and only M; 07-11-10 at 10:52 AM.
    07-11-10 10:49 AM
    I live in canada so even when its released we won't get it for another year haha I can't wait that long, my only option is the htc legend

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 10:57 AM
    I'm just waiting until I can upgrade, then looking around then. I'm not waiting specifically for a 2 ghz phone, unless its out within a few months after I can upgrade.
    07-11-10 12:55 PM
    I'm just waiting until I can upgrade, then looking around then. I'm not waiting specifically for a 2 ghz phone, unless its out within a few months after I can upgrade.
    Same here. I'm waiting until my upgrade but this phone sounds awesome. If it lives up to the hype, I'll get it. If not, I'll wait for better devices. I've been happy with my Droid and can hold out another six months.
    07-11-10 01:31 PM
    im waiting for this beast bring it on and also i hope it doesnt have a keyboard because that would make me happy
    07-11-10 02:37 PM
    2GHz! I have a phone that will hold me over very well!
    07-11-10 02:48 PM
    Nope. Not waiting.
    07-11-10 04:32 PM
    im waiting for this beast bring it on and also i hope it doesnt have a keyboard because that would make me happy
    +1, I also hope it doesn't have a keyboard.
    07-11-10 06:49 PM
    Put me on the list for Droid 2, unless bootloader is locked like the x.

07-11-10 09:39 PM
    Put me on the list for Droid 2, unless bootloader is locked like the x.

We're not talking about the Droid 2. We're talking about the 2GHz Droid coming at the end of the year.
    07-12-10 03:50 AM
    Which is the Droid 2 from what I'm hearing.

07-12-10 08:35 AM

You're hearing wrong.
    07-12-10 11:25 AM

The Droid 2 is going to be 1 ghz, like the X.
    07-12-10 12:01 PM
    gotta first day Storm so won't be eligible till 11/21. I am going to get the best Droid of the moment or going to Iphone. Wife and I both have ITouch 32g so Iphone would be convient. I still consider the IPhone the best of what the Market has to offer because of the way they handle Memory. None of the other Manufacturers Have even tried to give us as much internal Memory as the IPhone.

Been following the rumors of the Scorpion and because of the release date I am not sure that it's not an LTE Phone. Lots of surprises coming from Verizon in 4th Q. As they say" It's a great time to be alive Bros."
    07-12-10 06:49 PM
    No point in waiting on technology. When you're eligible for upgrade, just get whatever is current. Phones are updated way to often at this point.
    07-12-10 06:58 PM
    No point in waiting on technology. When you're eligible for upgrade, just get whatever is current. Phones are updated way to often at this point.
    I agree. This phone is supposed to release by year's end which is right around my annual upgrade. And I have my rooted Droid to hold me over till then.
    07-12-10 07:07 PM
    Okay i'm hearing this phone is gonna be LTE now
    07-13-10 12:02 PM
    gotta first day Storm so won't be eligible till 11/21. I am going to get the best Droid of the moment or going to Iphone. Wife and I both have ITouch 32g so Iphone would be convient. I still consider the IPhone the best of what the Market has to offer because of the way they handle Memory. None of the other Manufacturers Have even tried to give us as much internal Memory as the IPhone.

Been following the rumors of the Scorpion and because of the release date I am not sure that it's not an LTE Phone. Lots of surprises coming from Verizon in 4th Q. As they say" It's a great time to be alive Bros."
    Just so you know, Gzigoris, the "new every 2" is actually "new every 20 months" - no need to wait until 11/21 - you will be eligible on 7/21 and you can essentially count on them moving that up to 7/15 if you want a launch-day Droid X... which is exactly what I'm doing.
    07-13-10 12:10 PM
    this is gonna be the ultimate droid.
    07-13-10 02:59 PM
    Why bother waiting, just buy them as they come.
    07-13-10 04:21 PM
    100%true lol
    07-13-10 05:13 PM
    -1 fail

Why buy a crippled device when I can buy one that allows me to get updates when they're released instead of waiting months for the carrier to ship them out?

Yeah, Droid Pro baby!

Gingerbread = end of fragmentation
    07-14-10 12:06 PM
    -1 fail

Why buy a crippled device when I can buy one that allows me to get updates when they're released instead of waiting months for the carrier to ship them out?

Yeah, Droid Pro baby!

Gingerbread = end of fragmentation
    I don't get what your saying. What I am saying is, buy the Droid X now, and if another one you want comes out tomorrow, next week, next month, whatever, buy that one, too. Personally, I plan on buying the X, tomorrow, and the Samsung Galaxy (or whatever Verizon is going to call it) when that comes out in a few months, and any other phone that might come out in between.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 07-14-10 at 02:34 PM.
    07-14-10 02:31 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD