i got my incredible and loved it i was playing with the phone and went into contacts it was a whole 35/40 in it. i call verizon let them know they say oh yeah i'm sorry about that it's due to the shortages then in the same breath say i'm sorry idk how u got a used phone so i say well how long till i get a new one? August the end of august i'm like no i'm not waiting till the end of august i paid retail price for the phone i should of had a new one it is not my fault. She says that's the only thing we can do. i say well can you take some money off the actual price of the phone i'll just keep it she says no not at all we have to keep it the same price. I say again THE PHONE IS NOT NEW. Same thing i'm just gonna send the phone back to them unless their are other options?
    07-03-10 12:53 PM
    I would send it back and get the Droid X when it comes out.
    07-03-10 01:13 PM
    I would send it back and get the Droid X when it comes out.
    i asked about the droid x she said her 'supervisor' said i wouldn't be able to get it smh the phone is going back tho and i will be using my bb until i figure something out..
    07-03-10 01:23 PM
    send it back and wait...should have preordered lol
    07-03-10 01:25 PM
    Sorry, I thought you were within your 30 day WFG period.
    07-03-10 01:26 PM
    send it back and if u wanted to get the x either go through verizon again but pre order or get it from bestbuy
    07-03-10 04:19 PM
    i got my incredible and loved it i was playing with the phone and went into contacts it was a whole 35/40 in it. i call verizon let them know they say oh yeah i'm sorry about that it's due to the shortages then in the same breath say i'm sorry idk how u got a used phone so i say well how long till i get a new one? August the end of august i'm like no i'm not waiting till the end of august i paid retail price for the phone i should of had a new one it is not my fault. She says that's the only thing we can do. i say well can you take some money off the actual price of the phone i'll just keep it she says no not at all we have to keep it the same price. I say again THE PHONE IS NOT NEW. Same thing i'm just gonna send the phone back to them unless their are other options?
    If this were me, and I actually wanted the phone, I would ask that the second a new phone is ready that I get shipped one, and that my warranty, return time, does not start until the new phone is actually activated. But since I have a feeling that's not going to be an option they give me, the phone would have to go back, and any discounts I would have been able to get, be reset, until I did in fact pick up a new phone.

A good thing to do when you put the battery in any supposed new phone, is to check the call timers and the lifetime timer, which as I remember, does not get reset in refurbished phones. As far as I know the total lifetime timer can't be reset, as it's pretty much like the odometer on your car to show miles put on the engine. So if someone does somehow reset the lifetime timer and does so to sell a phone as new...someone is trying to pulling a fast one.

CB blog post about how to view the lifetime timer.
    Exceeded Data/Voice Message on Options > Status Screen (Type B U Y R). Qu'est-ce que c'est?! | CrackBerry.com
    go here, to see how to view the lifetime timer in the phone.

Or the second post on this link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=479823

Last edited by BlkBear; 07-03-10 at 07:28 PM.
    07-03-10 07:19 PM
    I would send it back and get the Droid X it looks like a nicer device I canceled my incredible order to get the X.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 07:25 PM
    Dumb question, but I'm curious... Did you sync your gmail account with it, and does your gmail account have contacts on it from the internet? If it does, your phone will automatically pull those into the phone.
    07-04-10 02:54 PM
    Dumb question, but I'm curious... Did you sync your gmail account with it, and does your gmail account have contacts on it from the internet? If it does, your phone will automatically pull those into the phone.
    If you remove your GMAIL account you wont have that problem.
    07-04-10 03:01 PM
    gmail is synced but has none of the contacts that were on the phone is in my gmail...
    07-04-10 03:12 PM
    I'm confused, when did you get your original Incredible?

Are you still within your 30 day WFG period?

If so, then you're entitled to a brand new phone. Unfortunately, there are no new phones available. So you're going to be stuck waiting a month until new phones are again available.

If you don't want to wait, then you can keep the CLNR that you were send.

If you want, you can exchange it for another phone, like the X... That is, if you'll still be within your 30 day WFG on July 15th.

If you're already outside of your 30 day WFG, then the CLNR you were sent is no mistake...
    07-05-10 01:18 AM
    That's why people should just go to the retail locations themselves to get phones, there is always a shipping mistake with phone companies - T-Mobile once sent me the wrong phone 3 times before I got the right one.
    07-05-10 10:20 AM
    Why not do a factory reset which will wipe all the data and then use it until they send you your brand new phone?

As far as the droid x goes I'd suggest taking a wait and see approach with that phone. Several vids have shown it to have a laggy ui in areas and slower in general than the inc. It's also slower on wifi than the inc. It might get fixed with an update before or after it's released, but who knows.

Sucks that vzw tried to pass off a used phone as a new one. That's dirty. Personally I'd keep the one they sent me and make them send me a new one as soon as it was in stock.
    07-05-10 11:48 AM
    that inexcusable
    you should have asked for a manager or something
    07-06-10 02:09 AM
    So I called them back and told them this is unacceptable after arguing for about a half hour they told me I can take it to a store and pick up the droid x when it drops...

07-06-10 02:35 AM
    Congrats, I would check again with cs and make sure that they noted that on your account.

07-06-10 07:50 AM
    That's why people should just go to the retail locations themselves to get phones, there is always a shipping mistake with phone companies - T-Mobile once sent me the wrong phone 3 times before I got the right one.
    I am with AT&T and the phones sales are the very best prices and they can haggle the stores will not care about your loyalty but phone people will give you credits and more breaks, i never buy online or at store, only to shop, then call for the phone so getting the right one is a crap shoot to get a better deal.
    07-06-10 12:03 PM
    So I called them back and told them this is unacceptable after arguing for about a half hour they told me I can take it to a store and pick up the droid x when it drops...

Yeah, that wont happen. I doubt you got a used incredible considering people cant even get it due to being on backorder still.

No store is going to give you a droid X to exchange for an incredible since you already have it and it will probably be past your 30 days. Regardless of what a call center rep tells you, they would have to ship it to you if they made an exception.
    07-06-10 12:14 PM
    Yeah, that wont happen. I doubt you got a used incredible considering people cant even get it due to being on backorder still.

No store is going to give you a droid X to exchange for an incredible since you already have it and it will probably be past your 30 days. Regardless of what a call center rep tells you, they would have to ship it to you if they made an exception.
    it hasn't been past 30 days and why would i lie about getting a used phone? he has contacts and pictures in it what would be the point of lying about it?
    07-06-10 01:57 PM
    Just curious, how you have the contacts...cause if signed in to google account, you would get yours synced... Try doing this...open phone app, dial ##778, press send...password is 000000...the first option shows refurb date, manufacture date...etc. Let us know what yours says.
    07-06-10 05:48 PM
    If you are still within your 30 return period and do exchange the phone for a Droid X, you're going to get popped with a $35 restocking fee.
    07-07-10 09:18 AM
    I would have been so mad
    07-07-10 09:28 AM
    Its a tough situation to be in... Either get a CLNR right away, or wait a month for a new Incredible...

Yes, the rep should have given the OP the choice of the two, but at the moment, there really isn't a good solution for DOA Incredibles...
    07-07-10 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD