Ok so i had this phone for about two weeks now and i have a couple of problems with it. The first problem i have is the email i set up my yahoo account, i changed the imap and stmp setting to make it work. But i cant get any notifications of wen i get new emails i have to go into my email and i see a bunch of new emails but it never notifys me of new emails. When i shut my phone off and turn it back on i see the email notification of a bunch of emails. I have the same problem with the Facebook notifications. Im just wondering if my phone is defective? Is this a problem with all the droid phones? I just dont know if i should return it because of this im wondering if there is something wrong with my phone
    03-07-10 12:11 PM
    Dude some of the droids dont support yahoo unless u have the paid version. and there is problably something wrong wiith your phone. go to the store and chill bro its just a phone. they should be able to help u out at the store either replease it or troubleshooted.
    03-07-10 12:29 PM
    All droids should get free yahoo if you set it up properly. I do. Search droidforums.net and get some results. You must go into settings and choose how Google pulls your yahoo email. I don't set Google to pull yahoo, because that's my generic email. You can have it pull every 5 mins. There is a ton more expertise over at droidforums.net. good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

03-07-10 01:12 PM
    In regards to the lack of notifications, I have yahoo email and Facebook on my Droid, I have no such issues with me notifications however I had to manually set my notifications on my phone for the yahoo.

Don't know if you have tried this or not yet but open your email and go check your account settings and if you scroll down and check it should ask to vibrate or display in notification pane. Some email account TS don't automatically set.

I would check those first before anything just to make sure... alternatively try to demented and really set up your email account to see if that happens to help with anything.

Facebook.... is its own demon ecspecially on android. The stock Facebook application is neat but about as useful as a broken Swiss army knife. It will not give you notifications regardless. Not like what your BB ( if you had one would). What I have done and it works great is to actually go on the Facebook site on a computer and set it up to send all notifications of anything to your device as a text messenge. That will serve as your notification and it works great for me. Its not as conveniant but it works until a quality Facebook application is designed or established for these devices.
    Best of luck and I hope I was of some assistance

03-07-10 03:15 PM
    ok wel i changed the imap and smp settings is that what you ment bout how to push the email? im confused im new at this. Im just wondering if there is something wrong with my phone
    03-08-10 02:00 PM
    Okay yahoo doesn't push use this:
    It wont 'push' the email like gmail, but I have it set to pull every 10 minutes.

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
    03-08-10 02:23 PM
    Okay yahoo doesn't push use this:
    It wont 'push' the email like gmail, but I have it set to pull every 10 minutes.

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com
    this works flawlessly for me
    03-08-10 02:26 PM
    I did that but it doesnt notify me of new emials. I have to shut my phone off and turn it back on and then i get all my emails
    03-08-10 02:32 PM
    Have you turned notifications on?
    03-08-10 03:03 PM
    Dude some of the droids dont support yahoo unless u have the paid version. and there is problably something wrong wiith your phone. go to the store and chill bro its just a phone. they should be able to help u out at the store either replease it or troubleshooted.
    Is probably the most idiotic thing I have seen some droids don't work with yahoo mail and some do????????? Like if the last number of the serial number is even they do and odd they don't.
    03-08-10 03:06 PM
    Ya like i just want to know if my phone has a problem or not? Im wondering if i should return it for. A new one and yes the notifications are on
    03-08-10 04:07 PM
    i have the same crazy problem,no notification from yahoo, but gmail work fine,i just here from Verizon guy the droid phone not so friendly with yahoo mail..so we need wait maybe somebody can fix this.
    03-09-10 12:48 AM
    There is a way too get it to work but I am traveling at the moment so cannot get it figured out for you.

The basics are you set a gmail account up to fetch yahoo mail. It comes in as yahoo mail and you can reply as yahoo mail. It will push the email just like gmail does.

You do have to set yahoo up as a pop3 account. There are directions on how to set it up as yahoo Asia to make it work as pop3. Search droid forum or android central to find the discussion. I will check back in a few days when I return to try to help if you haven't figured it out. Works perfectly for me without having to pay for a yahoo plus account.

03-09-10 01:41 AM
    ok thanks is that what you did to get your yahoo email to work? im just getting confused on whether it is my phone or not. some people say that its my phone and i have a problem wit it other people say i dont. Im just confused
    03-09-10 04:56 AM
    Ok, here is what I did to set up my yahoo mail so it would push to the phone & I haven't had any problems once I set this up. This setup is done via a desktop & browser.

When logged into Yahoo mail, you need to go to "My Account" where you can change settings. Once there under Account Settings, you need to select Yahoo! Asia. (This will enable you to set up mail as pop3, and not have to get the Yahoo Plus setting which will make it so you can set gmail up to retrieve the Mail and Push it to the phone via the gmail inbox.) Don't worry about the time zone setting, you can leave that the same. Exit out of Yahoo, then sign back in.

Once logged back into Yahoo, make sure you are on the Email Page, then in upper right corner pull down the "Options" menu, and select "Mail Options". Then go into the "Pop & Forwarding" selection and make sure and setup/select Web & Pop. Access. Make sure once done you have all the settings saved and then exit out. All described in this link: How to enable POP3 forwarding for a free yahoo Account so it works on your droid - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Once you make sure and set up your Yahoo Mail to work as a Pop account, follow all the instructions on this link to have Gmail fetch your pop3 email.

http://www.androidcentral.com/using-...sh-mail-server Make sure and have it so your yahoo mail comes into the Inbox and it will push. I also have mine set up Labeled "Yahoo Mail" so when it comes into the Gmail Inbox I can easily identify it as Yahoo Mail vs my Gmail mail.

If done properly, this will push your yahoo mail to the phone similar to how gmail pushes to the phone.

I have a Storm2 for work & a droid. I was doing some testing. On my storm2 I set up gmail & yahoo on the phone. I also have both set up on the droid. When a gmail comes in, it always shows up on my BB about 1-2 seconds before it comes on the droid. I hope this is helpful & helps to get your yahoo mail working properly.
    03-10-10 10:27 AM
    Ok thanks for the info i am going to try it latet when i get home i have one more question i might sound like a pain but im still wondering if there is anything wrong with my phone? Like with not getting Facebook and email notifications like everytime i take the battery out and turn the phone back on i get all my notification but other than that it doesn't notify me i have to go in my emai and theb i see like 20 new emails is this just a problem with my phone? Or is all of them like this
    03-10-10 10:47 AM
    Wow LOL took me 5 SECONDS get my yahoo perfectly. ...

03-10-10 07:46 PM
    Don't pull your battery this is a Droid not bb. ... get another fb app free in the market place!

03-10-10 07:51 PM
    You phone is not broken. As explained in this thread, facebook is completely unreliable when it comes to notifications and any email type outside of Gmail is not as consistent when it comes to notifications.

If you are still within your 30 day period, you can exchange it and get another Droid. But then you will have to pay the $35 restocking fee and probably have the same problem on the new phone.
    03-10-10 08:56 PM
    Wow LOL took me 5 SECONDS get my yahoo perfectly. ...

Awesome. All email on the Droid works great. The face book app dubiously stinks, but I traded that for a fast web. Glad it worked out, and I take it back, crackberry does have some Droid heads!

03-10-10 09:02 PM
    Yes, all my email accounts, gmail-hotmail and yahoo work flawlessly. As for facebook, just create a shortcut on your screen to your facebook account on the web and check it occasionally. If you are using facebook as a contact method, there are other ways.
    03-10-10 09:07 PM
    I prefer the desktop version of Facebook anyway , so it is bookmarked.

03-10-10 09:25 PM
    see y is that some people have no problems with getting email to work and i do i mean i just feel like theres something wrong with it. some people say thiers work fine and everything
    03-10-10 10:12 PM
    Not sure. I use K-9. I don't change any settings, I let the app choose the setting. I will say I don't poll my messages, I manually ask for them. But it sets up fine and get the messages right up to the minute that I ask for them.
    03-10-10 10:33 PM
    see y is that some people have no problems with getting email to work and i do i mean i just feel like theres something wrong with it. some people say thiers work fine and everything

Setting up Email on DROID - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
    03-10-10 11:06 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD