So its already available in their app market wow and we were waiting years
    04-29-10 12:49 PM
    a great example of the ease of development in the BB environment.. not.
    04-29-10 01:20 PM
    a great example of the ease of development in the BB environment.. not.
    exactly...

hope RIM comes up with some good SDK's for OS 6.... otherwise more of these stories to come...
    04-29-10 01:58 PM
    I'm actually shocked at how well it works. Some sites are more buggy than others but I can finally watch espn and foxnews videos. msnbc videos still not working.

I was one of those waiting for skyfire for blackberry for years. I cannot describe how surreal it was downloading it after all this time. I'm happy and sad at the same time. Happy I got it but sad it never came to my original platform of choice.
    Last edited by Marine One; 04-29-10 at 02:10 PM.
    04-29-10 02:07 PM
    As much as I love my BB I am getting closer and closer to going the android route if they can only improve the battery life I will be gone.
    04-29-10 02:11 PM
    Grr this sucks.
    04-29-10 02:31 PM
    Why would they spend time making a lousy browser for 5.0?
    Once they heard there was going be a webkit rendering engine on BB they gave up and decided to wait.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 02:42 PM
    RIM dont allow open devellopement as Google and Apple
    04-29-10 02:44 PM

Uhhhhhh... what? Im curious as to what you mean by "open development" in respects to Apple and not to RIM.
    04-29-10 02:47 PM
    Apple isn't THAT open but it is very robust in the capabilities.

I would love to see Skyfire on the iPhone, seeing as how Apple approved Opera and it's not webkit based (their whole shtick was if it wasn't duplicating functionality it had to be webkit based) and im sure it will hit WinPho7.

A giant blow to RIM nevertheless, it shows that when it comes to serious app development the BB can't hang because it lacks the tools to. It's sad that most have to make their apps waterdowned just to work on a BB and for something like Skyfire it's just not possible to cut corners and have acceptable performance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-10 03:57 PM
    I've been using Skyfire for a while on S60 and WinMo. Flash is awesome first off, lets get that in the open. Now, it makes every phone I've used it on run noticably warmer. It also kills my battery QUICK. As awesome as it is, it's a drain on the system big time...
    05-01-10 09:43 AM
    I'm on it right now from my droid and its working great. Some sites do have lag but loads the full site and way faster than my tour.
    05-01-10 12:58 PM
    Yup there is a thread allready on that, thanks though
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/sk...leased-461569/
    05-01-10 02:45 PM
    Cool, Fringe on Fox.com is watchable. A little choppy though.
    05-01-10 05:42 PM
    NBC and ABC.com shows also play great via Wifi but a little choppy with 3G. I find its a little tricky to switch from one video to another, it wants to play the first video you click on each time. I hit refresh and it seems to change. Also killing my battery life, but its worth it to me.
    05-01-10 07:09 PM
    It seems to be working well, for the most part. Some videos don't play, however. They just stop loading at 25%. Strange, but still a beta!
    05-01-10 07:45 PM
    I've been watching full episodes of Cops at fox.com. One tip like bubbarob1978 mentioned, when videos don't play, try refreshing several times. On fox.com the videos all play it just takes some prodding sometimes. This version of Skyfire seems to have issues with caching or something and doesn't seem to want to let go of the last video unless you refresh.

I'm in love with this browser. Shockingly good for a beta.

Just an example, when surfing a news site(CNN, FOX)and clicking on a link that I thought was a text story and it turns out to be a video piece, it's nice to be able to watch it sometimes now Between Skyfire and Flash 10.1 coming, I'm as excited and happy as I've ever been about mobile content.

Couple more sites that that I found work good are deviantart.com and megacafe.com. These provide just fun videos, abstract stuff etc..

National geographic works pretty good as well as the nytimes.

Anyway sorry for rambling but IMO, this whole Flash thing is huge for Android and I'm already loving it.
    Last edited by Marine One; 05-01-10 at 09:48 PM.
    05-01-10 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD