Just wondering everyone's opinion on putting a skin on the Droid. For protection from scratches, and looks? Is it tacky? Does it make the phone look cheap? Obviously it depends on the skin, but whats your opinion either way? I don't care for cases, I don't like adding ANY size to the phone, even though there are some very thin cases out there.

Maybe you haven't put a skin on your phone, but if you did, what would it be? Would you represent a sports team, maybe your heritage of where you're from?

Anyone who has put a skin on you're Droid, please post a picture. I just ordered one from decalgirl.com, its burl-wood. And I had a custom one made from skinit.com, which is black with the Pittsburgh Penguins logo. I am 1-day shipping the burl-wood one, so I will get pictures up by Friday. It'll probably be a waste when my Pittsburgh Penguin one comes in, as Ill have to peel it off. But I will rock the burl-wood for a week or 2.
    01-28-10 01:07 AM
    I will post a pic when I have time. I bought 3 skins from eBay at 10 bucks. Currently using a skull design one, it does get tacky after a bit, for the most part, some of the edges start getting dirty.
    01-28-10 01:16 AM
    I will post a pic when I have time. I bought 3 skins from eBay at 10 bucks. Currently using a skull design one, it does get tacky after a bit, for the most part, some of the edges start getting dirty.
    Yeah I was worried about the edges coming up or getting worn, especially since I just drop the phone right into my pocket.
    01-28-10 01:18 AM
    Yeah I was worried about the edges coming up or getting worn, especially since I just drop the phone right into my pocket.
    Yea, I'm sorry I may sounded like I was exadurating a bit. None of the edges have lifted, but it is a slight bit dirty right around some areas of the screen. Naturally you touch your screen all the time so I think that's to be expected.
    01-28-10 01:26 AM
    I wouldn't put a skin on any device. I know that they are extremely popular with smartphones nowadays, but I don't like them. They add a lot of extra bulk to the device. The skin itself doesn't even protect the most important part of the phone - the screen. So then you have to buy a screen protector to go along with it. I would have a leather sleeve or pouch to hold it in. This way if I drop it in transit or when it is in my pocket, I don't have to worry about scratches or anything. Side note, I bought a hard case for my Iphone for $35. After a week, I found that the case scratched the bezel of my Iphone. I was so angry that I had spent so much money on something that damaged my phone. I haven't bought a hard case or skin since and haven't had any problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 05:25 AM
    Hi everyone.
    I bought new moto droid for me and want to give a dashing look by an elegant good skin on, So which website is best according to you for nice skins?

Motorola droid skins
    02-17-10 07:52 PM
    Motorola Droid Skins - Smart Phones - Cell Phones

I bought these, very nice and no bulkiness added to the phone. I only put the flat surfaces on, front and 3 parts on the back. Works great.
    02-17-10 08:04 PM
    I've always used BSE on all my devices, and now rocking one on my Droid Eris. You can't go wrong with them!
    02-17-10 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD