Hi All,
    First let me say I'm a BB addict! I love my Tour! However it seems BB is not keeping up with the latest things. I really want the Iphone but AT&T sucks in my area and there is NO service at my house and this is my only phone so I MUST have good service for work and family. I have Verizon and the service is great but..........I hate the droid......
    So can you guys suggest a phone that would best suit my needs?
    Here they are:
    I have to be able to text with one hand (I know it will be hard to replace the tour in this area) Good internet ,email,calendar,,messaging
    all basically all the neat features the new phones have to offer

Thank you
    03-03-10 10:19 AM
    since you want to stay on vzw, don't like the droid, and this is the android forum...have you checked out the nexus one? or am i missing something...
    03-03-10 10:35 AM
    Hi
    I wasn't sure where the best place to post this so.....its not that I want to stay with vzw its that thats who has the best service in my area. I have read about the N1 but i need to be able to see it it hold play with before I spent 6oo on it...lol
    So I m just looking for ideas
    03-03-10 10:49 AM
    I'm with the OP, I'd love to try the N1 but since I can't play with it in a store and I don't know anybody with one, I'm not spending that much on it. Plus, it is not yet available for VZW. I'm waiting on it to come out for VZW and hoping they will be selling it in the store to get a little hands-on experience before jumping ship from my blackberry.
    03-03-10 10:55 AM
    Bb addicted? Why not the Storm2? Great device, email, one hand typing, etc... Dont know a lot about the Nexus but it could be a good idea too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 11:00 AM
    Just wait until the VZW version on the N1 comes out or another Droid device if you don't want the Eris. That's pretty much all you can do. Why do hate the Droid? Is it the physical design? If it's more than the physical design then you may find it hard to like any Android phone.
    03-03-10 11:29 AM
    android 2.x phones worth considering imo:
    -moto droid
    -nexus one
    -htc desire
    -htc incredible

the nexus and the droid are very similar from a UI and performance aspect. main difference is the droid has a physical keyboard. if you use a droid in the store that will give you a feel for the nexus one OS but with slightly better (faster) performance. droid can be overclocked to match the nexus performance.

the htc phones have sense ui which is basically an os overlay (eye candy) and they have some other cool features.

if i didn't have the droid and was open to leaving vzw, i would wait for the htc desire. similar to the nexus one, but with a trackpad instead of trackball and it has sense ui. this is rumored to be coming to att but no release date.
    03-03-10 12:35 PM
    i say get the nexus one march 23rd its has an iphone like feel to it, and android has a nice OS
    03-03-10 12:39 PM
    one thing you can't do in the store is put a custom keyboard on the droid. I have been using swype keyboard and it is very easy. definitely type with one hand.

03-04-10 10:24 AM
    There isn't a better device on. Verizon than the Droid. The Nexus One still has some unanswered questions for me.

03-11-10 06:09 PM
    wow, i dunno since you dont like the droid, nexus i guess or devour
    03-11-10 08:05 PM
    nexus one is great, have beenusibg it for the past few weeks. Coming from iphone its a contender, keyboard takes tine to get use to, but I switched back to a keyboard simliar to the iphone.
    03-12-10 06:35 AM
    Droid owns all!
    03-13-10 10:09 PM
    nexus one is great, have beenusibg it for the past few weeks. Coming from iphone its a contender, keyboard takes tine to get use to, but I switched back to a keyboard simliar to the iphone.
    What's different about the keyboard? Which keyboard would you say is better, iPhone or Nexus One?

03-13-10 10:15 PM
    I likes the iphone key board, with the stock n1 board I was horrible Leo at typing. Made a switch to one simliar to iphone and its been better for me
    03-14-10 08:17 AM
    I am loving the droid more and more. The customization of a rooted droid is amazing. I planned on getting the N1 when released to Verizon but I don't know now. I would love the droid without the keyboard and just being a lighter phone.

I did see some videos of the N1 having signal issues depending on how you hold it in your hand. I question the screen of the N1 as well. If it is the same as the Droid it should be fine but in direct sunlight, I heard the N1 is tough to read. The droid is not the best at this either.
    03-14-10 01:30 PM
    The Droid is great.. but the battery life is horrid.

Not to mention email is also terrible on the Droid.

I'd wait for the Nexus One if you don't want the S2.
    03-14-10 02:01 PM
    The Droid is great.. but the battery life is horrid.

Not to mention email is also terrible on the Droid.

I'd wait for the Nexus One if you don't want the S2.
    Why would email on the Droid be different than the N1? It won't be. If you don;t like the email on the droid better stay on the BB. I had a Storm and I have no email complaints. Exchange is actually better than what the Storm could ever do. I use yahoo (as my primary), gmail and my ISP email. The BB is better at email but not enough more for me to ignore the other enhancements the Droid has.

battery is a little less when I am using the Droid but the Droid is doing so much more. Put all those widgets on the BB and see what happens. I have seen better battery life with the custom rom I am running though. It supposedly utilizing a more advance Android software that optimizes battery life.

After comparing notes with my friends that use Iphones, I really don't want an Iphone any more.
    03-14-10 02:54 PM
    The email functionality on my Droid is enough for me. I have had no issues with it at all.

The screen for the Droid is just fine in sunlight to me. I can still read it easily and clearly.

Stock battery life on Droid is a little subpar, however I am running smoked glass 4.5 and battery life is wonderful. I use my phone normally and go typically 18 hours without needing to plug it in to charge. The auto overclock and underclock options available with setcpu help get you a little more life and power out of the phone as well should you need it.

I have no interest in the n1 simply due to my full touch screen woes from my old storm....just have a bad taste about the whole thing. From that device on I can't see not having some form of a physical fall back in case something starts to get screwy with the touchscreen.

03-14-10 04:06 PM
    I wish BB would catch up with the rest of the new phones. I have heard the are new phone coming to verizon by late summer so I guess Ill wait and see. Thank you guys for the input!
    03-14-10 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD