I have the Storm 1. Got it on day 1 when it came out. I have been somewhat happy with it but I am tired of running leaked sub par OS's and the BB OS in general. I am not a buisness user. I use the internet mostly and text and send pics.

I had a chance to play with my buddy's Eris the other day and really liked it. I am thinking about saying sayonara to BB in general and going the Android route via the Eris.

I have read the threads on here about " got a droid and took it back" "I love my storm bye Droid" and yadda yadda yadda. I just think that the Android software is more for me. Anyone want to weigh in their opinions? And i know the battery life currently sucks on the Eris.
    11-28-09 10:12 PM
    Yes... do it. You will not be dissapointed.
    11-28-09 10:35 PM
    Definately Do it. Especially if you browse the internet. Hands down browser destroys the storm. I had storm from day 1 and went to Droid, havent looked back since.

Apps are nice and App market if fast and easy to use. Can find an app for a lot of things. Navigation is Awesome, And Free. You will get used to the keyboards... Shall i say more?

oh wait noticed my post was Droid Specific kinda, but now that Gmaps is updated to 3.2.1 u should have navi on the eris too!
    11-28-09 10:54 PM
    Yes, yes & yes. I too have had a Storm since release. Got an Eris for my wife 2 weeks ago and wow, what a difference. I can't put it down. UI is amazing, no lag, have loaded lots of apps and no slow downs. No memory leaks, no battery pulls and I could go on. Eligible for upgrade next week and the storm is getting retired.
    11-28-09 11:03 PM
    Yes... do it. You will not be dissapointed.
    11-28-09 11:04 PM
    Yes...without thinking twice make the switch. I too am a former Storm 1 owner from launch day. I read reviews and numerous threads on both phones. I actually talked my wife into getting the Moto Droid, because she didn't like the Storm 2 after having it for a week. She had the Storm prior to the S2.

She got the Droid, and for next two - three days I could not put it down. I ordered the Droid, and could not get it to activate. The next morning called VZW CS, and sent the Droid back. I waited a few days, and then I started checking out the Eris. I thought my wife's phone was a bit heavy, but it was the case that added just a bit more bulk.

I was looking for something lighter, so as I stated earlier checked out the Eris. My only turn off was, I thought it did not have the Google Nav turn by turn application. Other than that, I would have purchased the Eris instead of the Droid. The Droid is not as heavy as I lead myself to believe. I am very happy with the purchase, and I do not miss the Storm.

The web browsing experience is very nice, and the customization options are plentiful. I primarily use the touch screen keyboard w/no problems. My emails do not push out as fast as it does on BB, but I still have my Tour. Bottom line? Make the switch when you can.
    11-29-09 12:09 AM
    I too was cautious about switching to the Eris from the Storm 9530. After feeling that the storm was never going to be what I wanted it to be, I wasn't sure the Eris was either. I gave it a shot and am SO glad I did. It's the best device I've owned and would highly reccomend to anyone.
    11-29-09 01:10 AM
    The Eris is exactly what I was looking for in a phone/device. HTC has done a better job, I feel, than Motorola in design and function. Everyday, I learn something new about the Eris that confirms my decision to switch to the Android OS and choose to use it on an HTC device.

For months I was anticipating the arrival of the Storm 2, but when it came out, and I went and tried it, I knew it wasn't for me. Disappointed, yes....but I waited a bit longer for the Droids to drop...and will never look back or go back to the BB OS.
    11-29-09 01:21 AM
    Droid Eris arrives to me on Wednesday. Its been a nice ride with my Pearl and then the Storm but BB has fallen short. Looking forward to the power that is Android.
    11-29-09 09:31 AM
    not if you use a yahoo email that you use extensively. else you'll tear your hair out.
    11-29-09 11:04 AM
    On BIS, email is pretty comparable

I got the eris, then returned it and stuck with storm2 for a few days. Now am getting my eris again tomorrow!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-09 12:27 PM
    You will definitely be glad you made the switch. Welcome
    11-29-09 12:37 PM
    You will be much happier with the Android experience. Its very hard to explain how awesome it really is, and I really loved my BB, but I'd never go back.
    11-29-09 12:42 PM
    Once you experience the power of the Droids, Moto or Eris, it's really hard to look at anything else. This is not overstated.
    11-29-09 01:59 PM
    I was in the store today, and the eris does NOT fall short, it's fast, light, without moving parts, HTC sense UI is actually very good..and...well...I am impressed at the fast browser (slower than the moto's by a second, maybe). Anyone thinking of the eris should get it. It's rad. It looks like it is getting 2.0 when sense UI catches up...but the OS on it is established, so one can expect it to run well. Congrats on stepping up from your BB!
    11-29-09 02:05 PM
    I am patiently waiting for the Passion. I have played with a friends Eris, and I think you will be very happy
    11-29-09 04:12 PM
    I am stoked for this phone. I dont think i will be able to meet the FedEx guy tomorrow to get it but you never know.....might have to wait till Thurs.

I am going to try not to use the phone till I go on business on the 12th so that I can have the Zagg guys at their kiosk in the Philly airport put on a full device protector. doubt thats gonna happen.
    12-01-09 07:21 PM
    I have the Storm 1. Got it on day 1 when it came out. I have been somewhat happy with it but I am tired of running leaked sub par OS's and the BB OS in general. I am not a buisness user. I use the internet mostly and text and send pics.

I had a chance to play with my buddy's Eris the other day and really liked it. I am thinking about saying sayonara to BB in general and going the Android route via the Eris.

I have read the threads on here about " got a droid and took it back" "I love my storm bye Droid" and yadda yadda yadda. I just think that the Android software is more for me. Anyone want to weigh in their opinions? And i know the battery life currently sucks on the Eris.
    Make the switch without question or hesitation. You wont regret it. I did the same with my storm 1 and its been awesome.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 09:33 PM
    the storm 1 is probably the only current blackberry i would drop for a droid right now
    12-01-09 10:34 PM
    Do it. I jumped on the bandwagon and got the P.O.S Storm when it came out. Jumped ship to the Droid and have never looked back. I gave my Storm to my girlfriend and don't even want to touch it anymore.

you will love Android.
    12-01-09 11:09 PM
    The Eris in my opinion is better than the moto droid, but battery life killed it for me. It just didnt cut it in the long run. It sucks because I really liked the Eris but its no good for me if I cant have it running 10-12 hours.
    12-02-09 01:34 AM
    According to the FedEx website my neighbor signed for my package today since I wasnt home. Looks like its gonna be a good evening!
    12-02-09 02:43 PM
    I left my storm 1 for a eris, and I am happy as a lark
    12-03-09 06:54 AM
    Day 2 with the Eris.........

I just burned my Blackberry bridge. Adios.

This OS and phone are freaking awesome! I am never looking back!
    12-04-09 08:55 PM
    Did you take a look at the Droid before getting the Eris at all?
    12-04-09 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD