I got the SG3 on tmo yesterday and I've noticed that the LED settings are screwed up. I checked them all and they should be right, but when I get a text, it's blue, not white, and when i get a facebook notice, the LED stays solid amber colored like the phone is charging.

Is there a setting i missed or do i need to exchange the phone?
    07-06-12 02:13 PM
    Android Central forums
    07-06-12 02:28 PM
    I got the SG3 on tmo yesterday and I've noticed that the LED settings are screwed up. I checked them all and they should be right, but when I get a text, it's blue, not white, and when i get a facebook notice, the LED stays solid amber colored like the phone is charging.

Hey stranger! I'm getting the SGS3 on Tuesday! There are a handful here of people that have the phone already and I'm sure they will be along shortly to help. It's times like this I wish I didn't switch to Verizon. I'd already have the SGS3!
    07-06-12 02:30 PM
    Android Central forums
    yes thank you for your font of wisdom. Perhaps I posted it in both places to get a faster answer? SHOCKER!

Hey penguin! Yeah i switched from verizon to tmo yesterday. i wish sick of paying out the nose and not getting what i wanted. Good luck to you!
    FigureThisOut likes this.
    07-06-12 02:43 PM
    yes thank you for your font of wisdom. Perhaps I posted it in both places to get a faster answer? SHOCKER!

Hey penguin! Yeah i switched from verizon to tmo yesterday. i wish sick of paying out the nose and not getting what i wanted. Good luck to you!
    I switched because I was tired of T-Mo's shoddy customer service and lack of coverage in certain places. But, like you, I'm now finding that I'm paying out the nose and not getting what I want. I'm going to buy the SGS3 outright and MAYBE keep that for the remainder of the contract. Then either switch back to T-Mo or go to Sprint.
    07-06-12 03:13 PM
    everyone i've spoken to who has sprint hates it. except maybe 2 people who never leave the city.

apparently once you're out of city limits, the coverage goes way down. idk i've never had it, but i know they're starting to slack in their customer service too.
    07-06-12 03:24 PM

Hmmm, sounds wonky. I get blue flashing when I get text, email, etc, red when battery is low, green when charging. Are you using an app to choose custom colours? I downloaded LEDflow but there are some known issues with the NA release SGS3 phones that the developer forwarded to Samsung that mean the colours aren't corresponding to what you choose in the app. I uninstalled it until the developer gets the issue resolved.
    Last edited by reeneebob; 07-06-12 at 03:34 PM.
    07-06-12 03:32 PM
    everyone i've spoken to who has sprint hates it. except maybe 2 people who never leave the city.

apparently once you're out of city limits, the coverage goes way down. idk i've never had it, but i know they're starting to slack in their customer service too.
    That's how T-Mo is, as well. Signal drops significantly outside of the city. I pretty much had no signal from about 20 minutes outside of KC to 20 minutes outside of STL.
    07-06-12 03:56 PM
    that's so weird. i've never had that issue and i moved to STL from wichita and had service pretty much the whole way til that middle of no where patch on I70.

idk we'll see. i've had 4G all day today driving around. /shrug

i asked the guy at tmo about the LED and he said he wasn't 100% sure what color should be what since the phone is so new. i'm gonna look up a user manual.
    07-06-12 04:13 PM
    that's so weird. i've never had that issue and i moved to STL from wichita and had service pretty much the whole way til that middle of no where patch on I70.

idk we'll see. i've had 4G all day today driving around. /shrug

i asked the guy at tmo about the LED and he said he wasn't 100% sure what color should be what since the phone is so new. i'm gonna look up a user manual.
    My bro, sis in law, and I went to Hermann, MO for their Oktoberfest in October 2010 and I hardly had any service on that trip . Road tripping to STL was a little better because we stayed on I-70 the whole time. I knew that Wichita was a fairly early city to get T-Mo's HSPA+ capabilities, but when I went to my bro's wedding in Hutch the service was awful. BUT, I typically stay around the KC metro and service was always really good here unless I was deep within a building or in a basement. And for the price they ask, it's really not a bad deal. I've found that Verizon's LTE speeds are just marginally better that T-Mo's HSPA+.
    07-06-12 04:28 PM
    the guy i bought service from yesterday said that they're coming out next year with a version of LTE. so hopefully it'll get better.
    07-06-12 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD